2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

If you’ve a full ticket you can come and go at your discretion for the duration of the weekend. Just have ticket/wristband/passout.

I was unsuccessful unfortunately. First time since 1999. 

In previous years I've gone on the coach. That wasn't an option this year due to my daughter's birthday. I feel so selfish for feeling gutted as my daughter is perfect and love her to pieces. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Levitz said:

So if you can't connect at all to the holding page but they're all selling fine and others are getting through, so the site hasn't crashed but it is timing out and not loading on your browser.... what does that mean from a technical perspective? ie is it your connection speed that's the issue or something like that?

I’m not technical at all, but the way I see it is that the actual see tickets link only has so many sessions available on it just like when you actually have a holding page and are trying to get a booking page. You can’t get a booking page unless one becomes free, but the holding page is a lot more stable because only so many people can get through to it in the first place, but the actual web address you need to get through first is being hammered by millions of people over which there is no control.

lets assume everybody just had one device, some would be unlucky and not even get through to the holding page because there would be too many people trying for too few sessions, once you fail to get a session you’re probably screwed because you’ve got an unlimited amount of people trying hit the same web address.

Other people will get the holding page, and from here it’s a question of luck as to wether you then get a booking page or not.

After that it’s also luck that you don’t experience some sort of horrible glitch which is a lot harder to explain and manage to compete your booking.

That’s my take anyway.

6 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Yes, I was meaning when you can't even get the holding page. When you get the white 'can't connect' so you're not even in the lottery for a session

Pre-holding page is trying to get on the main load balancer, after that it will send you to one of many servers that are running to actually service the requests. You're waiting (holding) on the load balancer for a session on one of those servers.

The "can't connect" means it's not got enough free sessions on the load balancer either.

Edited by marketsqhero

Was strange this year got holding page first couple of min on my phone not on other devices I had people using . Then nothing couldn't even get on site for next 10 12 . Went back in via see tickets rather than main Glasto site got holding page 2 min later through . Phone on Wi-Fi was only thing that worked 

Didn't get tickets again this year and am gutted! I got to the holding page of doom but no further than that unfortunately!

Does anybody know if Glastonbury allocate a certain number of tickets to people living overseas? Has anybody living abroad managed to buy a ticket this time? Is the process any easier? Considering emigrating at this point!

Payment screen completely crashed. Timer stopped counting down. Stopped and started several times, then told me my session had timed out and the tickets had been released. Pressed back and went through just before sold out. So we got lucky, but might be a tip in the resale. Don't close a timed out session - go back a page. So sorry for those who didn't get through today, but keep the faith xx

Got nowhere near.  Got tickets for every year between 2002 and 2010 (with a year off in 2009) but haven't got any since.

It is luck combined with the fact it doesn't go on for hours on a Sunday morning anymore, which probably got a few of the less committed out the way. 

All done at 09.11.

3 devices running. Laptop auto-refreshing on Firefox - not a sniff. Phone on 4G - not a sniff. Manually refreshing on Chrome on Desktop - didn't get the holding page for the first few minutes, eventually got holding page and then once I hit the registration page it was straight through and there was very little load time between pages.

29 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Mate, it's time you were put on a special list for tickets :(

I agree, I keep telling him I'm going to start a campaign for this.  He just tuts and looks at the ceiling.:rolleyes:

Most depressing year ever. I only got to holding page on laptop about 4 times. but then when i thought it was changing to booking page it crashed. Others i know got to card details pressed buy tickets and crashed. absolutely brutal. My daughter was on the holding page the whole 37 minutes and it never changed or got in. :( I don't know anyone from my group who got any for the first year ever.

6 minutes ago, acidstorm523 said:

Payment screen completely crashed. Timer stopped counting down. Stopped and started several times, then told me my session had timed out and the tickets had been released. Pressed back and went through just before sold out. So we got lucky, but might be a tip in the resale. Don't close a timed out session - go back a page. So sorry for those who didn't get through today, but keep the faith xx

So maybe tickets *are* being held while you're on the payment screen now? First time ever, if that is the case

4 minutes ago, billum said:

So maybe tickets *are* being held while you're on the payment screen now? First time ever, if that is the case

Timer said held for 6 minutes. That timer appeared to restart on each page, rather than go down steadily over the whole transaction. When I hit back button, then forwards, it started at 6 mins again. When the page crashed, the numbers weren't moving, but it did time me out nonetheless. From getting the registration page to completion took around 12 mins. 

Edited by acidstorm523

20 minutes ago, Levitz said:

How do you fine it other than Glasto? 

It's fine. We got the 150mb connection, and when it's going full speed it's great, but the speeds are inconsistent and the wifi can be patchy. Not sure if I'd recommend, but when was the last time you heard someone say their internet was great? They're the best we've used but it's not exactly a high bar.

Got the registration page once, put details in, pressed continue then got page not available. Pressed back button once then it dumped me out completely and I only saw the holding page once more after that.

Looks like my run of 10 in a row is at an end so I've just bought another guitar to console myself......

Congrats to all who got tickets!

We had two laptops, both initially on home WiFi, then tethered to phone connected to 4g, both macbooks, same spec. Weirdly one laptop only got past the 'cant connect' page twice, while the other one was constantly on the holding page but could get no further. Why could one laptop not even get onto the holding page? We thought both being on the same WiFi might have been chucking the other out but even when we tethered the 'successful' one to 4g there was no sniff of the holding page on the other one, while the one on 4g was constantly on there. 

Needless to say, no tickets. Was hoping for one last year after a gap of nine years, due to progressive degenerative illness I think this might have been my last chance (I know, not looking for sympathy, plenty people have sad stories, it's just gutting! Feel very lucky for the ten Glastonburys I had, back in those halcyon days when getting a ticket was so simple!)

I used direct Ethernet this year (disabled WiFi in router) via Chrome and it worked. I also reset all my wireless network adapters on my laptop a few days before - no idea if it made a difference. IE edge and FF didn’t even refresh to holding page but Safari on iPad was better and I got through once on that as well via 4G. 

I managed to get in 3 times in total to get tickets for other groups. So it seems once you’re in the first time it must be easier to get in again - don’t know why. My friend got tickets for a few groups like this a couple years back as well. So being in lots of groups is big advantage.

I failed to get tickets the last 2 times so my luck was back in this year!