2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

31 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Crashed at payment screen for one of our group.  I got through in last few minutes and says tickets been purchased for all 6 in group.  No email and no confirmation screen but money pending on my bank card. 

Are we safe?  Still bricking it

Same here. No confirmation of booking - timed out - then said registration details had been used.

Just checked seetickets order tracker and apparently the transaction went through!

Gone from total despair to total elation.

?

43 minutes ago, Superscally said:

There's some bullshit going down this year. We had 0/27

Agree. The person who got our tickets normally doesn't get a sniff. We got through multiple times to Add Reg and Buy, but never managed to get the payment screen. Last year, once you'd got onto the Buy page, the transaction was smooth. Something's changed.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Most probably, yes. Other people have had the same issue. On their website it says confirmation emails can take up to 4 hours.

I hope you're right! But other people seem to already have a transaction showing on their account, which my friend doesn't. It would be pretty unfair though if we didn't have them, because our registration numbers were not usable much later in the sale, so it would effectively mean our registrations were blocked, by See's crashing system and through no fault of our own, for the whole sale.

How ever much we theorise it's all down to luck -  It's brutal but with the huge demand for tickets all hitting the servers at 9.00am it's never going to be smooth ride.

Usually I secure the tickets for our group but this year didn't get past the holding page using a couple of browsers on my home computer and remoting into the works computer.  However, the other person in our group got in on her laptop at their house.

We got 9/15 through various channels. One postcode wouldn't work for some reason. Another in group got to booking page but could go ni further. Brutal. I'm in, but doesn't feel right with others missing out today. April it is 

Gutted is an understatement. Wasn't prepared to feel this low.

I don't think I was calm enough. Got up late (08:50) and was angry and anxious and in a bit of a tizz. Wrong vibes for Glasto.

Got straight to holding page on Opera and Chrome. Then Opera kicked me off after about five minutes and never let me back. Chrome kicked me off at about the same time but I did get back to the holding page now and then (most often not).

Speaking of Holding Page are we all meaning the same thing here? There were two yesterday and I only saw the one you got previously if you mashed F5 too much.

Can't imagine how those who got past this stage, only to get kicked out must feel. That really is not on and shouldn't happen. Other ticket sales manage to manage this type of thing so why not this?

Ho Hum. Here's hoping Shelter get in touch again, though I think I'm getting a bit old for working it. It can be a real slog. I'll have to insist they let me camp by the loos.

Just now, Cyclone-Bill said:

What is the rationale behind not being able to transfer tickets? Half of our people didn't get through, but there's some who would be willing to give their ticket to people who it means a bit more to. Doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't allow that.

To stop touts.

Just now, Cyclone-Bill said:

What is the rationale behind not being able to transfer tickets? Half of our people didn't get through, but there's some who would be willing to give their ticket to people who it means a bit more to. Doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't allow that.

because touts could buy and sell on for ££

Phone on o2 4G eventually got to the queue but nowhere else. A Windows running Laptop connected to the WiFi got nowhere other than page can't be reached. 8/9 year old iMac got straight onto the grey queue page with Safari. It does every year. Chrome eventually did and Firefox got absolutely nowhere. I am not a tech guy, I have basic knowledge by my Dad knows his stuff. He networked up his whole house. Every room has two ethernet ports so I'm never messing about with wireless. There are two routers for god knows why and whatever this absolute monstrosity is.

I don't even live at home anymore, I just have been successful here in the past so I lugged my PC back from London just to plug it in in my old bedroom. Fully have faith in the mass of wires and flashing lights my Dad is always tinkering with.

IMG_20181007_102918_resized_20181007_103425018.jpg

Edited by mf_2005
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cyclone-Bill said:

...because then you'll get a load of people who aren't arsed trying for tickets to transfer, like it sounds your group has done. Cheers for that, guys.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

We got through after about 3 minutes, input all the information, and the payment details, clicked to purchase the tickets and then it crashed, no clue or sign if that worked or not and between 8 of us no one got through again before it sold out. 

Check with your bank if there is a payment pending - same happened here but the booking went through.

5 minutes ago, Cyclone-Bill said:

Stops touting I guess

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

...because then you'll get a load of people who aren't arsed trying for tickets to transfer, like it sounds your group has done. Cheers for that, guys.

Not the case at all, you've picked me up wrong. In the interest of keeping couples together, we had to move groups around. As a result, a guy who absolutely lives Glasto all year round has missed out, while a couple of people (who obviously still really want to go) have tickets. Those people would be willing to give theirs up to that guy. It was just luck that his group didn't get through.

7 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

Phone on o2 4G eventually got to the queue but nowhere else. A Windows running Laptop connected to the WiFi got nowhere other than page can't be reached. 8/9 year old iMac got straight onto the grey queue page with Safari. It does every year. Chrome eventually did and Firefox got absolutely nowhere. I am not a tech guy, I have basic knowledge by my Dad knows his stuff. He networked up his whole house. Every room has two ethernet ports so I'm never messing about with wireless. There are two routers for god knows why and whatever this absolute monstrosity is.

I don't even live at home anymore, I just have been successful here in the past so I lugged my PC back from London just to plug it in in my old bedroom. Fully have faith in the mass of wires and flashing lights my Dad is always tinkering with.

IMG_20181007_102918_resized_20181007_103425018.jpg

Phwooaarrr ?