2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

Strangely I’m not as gutted as I thought I’d be, but I think that’s because I got through in the resale last time after about 3 minutes, so my brain is probably tricking me into thinking it will be that easy again in next years resale, which obviously won’t be the case.

The first couple of years of trying I had a decent set up and it was relatively easy, but now you’ve got absolutely no guarantees. There are so many people trying on so many devices it’s just an absolute crap shoot.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Not a sniff here and totally totally gutted.

For what it's worth I have been testing access to Seetickets for a while (you didn't know?) and until the sale started there were 11 x IP addresses other than the 4 advertised through DNS that would service requests.

I had details all ready to post on here of which one(s) you could use in Host files to get in and once I had tested it myself would have made those public for you guys to hoover them up.  I haven't posted them previously as I'm certain that See would read these threads and close them off.

See are obvs aware to this though....and from start of sale they all simply redirected to the holding page.  I also tried on a 4G IP address that I haven't used before to be certain they hadn't blocked me from noticing all the activity over past few weeks.

Sorry peeps ?

That’s sad, especially after all your great advice over recent days. We completely bombed too, 0 out of 37 would you believe!?

Successful from 2009 to 2015, failed in 2016, failed in the resale and then picked up in the flash sale, success 2017 but failed this year. Will be trying in the resale again. 

Had laptop and chromebook, ethernet and wifi, on BT broadband, ipad and 2 phones on mobile connections. Only managed to get the holding page a handful of times. Getting the 'can't connect' is so maddening as you know you're not even in with a shout until you get to the holding page. So frustrating.....

Got to payment page, TWICE, and both times timed me out.
1 really really pissed off bunny!!!
Can accept 'not getting them', can't accept system screwing me over by not processing in a timely -not necessarily the same as 'fast' - manner.

My first was 1998 and succeeded every year since. 

Never tried resale before

???

i am always amazed at how we manage it  - it is so stressful - one of our group got through at 9.10 for 5 of us. I then got 3 booking pages up at practically the same time  - 2 on laptop on wifi and one on ipad tethered via 4g so  got another 3 tickets - first reg page wouldn't go through to payment so on chrome so i tried on the Edge page and apart from a dodgy moment of putting a reg wrong and having to re-type it finally went through to payment page and confirmed just before it sold out.

Apart from the 2 of us - the other 6 in our groups didnt get past the holding page.

So sorry for everyone who didnt manage it  - i always feel a bit guilty as it will be my 20th one but the excitement soon kicks in again!! 

Hopefully people will be lucky in the resales.

My experience this year was that it was rock solid. Never lost the holding page once on safari nor Chrome on 4g googley phone. I did dart about with a second VPN MacBook which was also holding the age with constant manual refreshes until I got a bit paranoid and switched off the vpn. Couldn't get squit from there on in on that one but then in on the safari MacBook for a very shaky handed purchase.

13 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

My friend got in very early in the process, got as far as submitting payment but then the page crashed and they never saw a confirmation page. But then someone else got through (more than 10 minutes later) and tried the same registrations and couldn't use them...so maybe that means the first transaction did go through? But no transaction is showing on his account yet, and no email yet. 

Most probably, yes. Other people have had the same issue. On their website it says confirmation emails can take up to 4 hours.

I got to the holding page on 1 laptop, no vpn, using chrome, opera and Firefox, but Edge failed anything. The pages refreshed but does anyone know if the parallel queue for multiple refreshes /connections was true as mine seemed pukka even though I didn't get through, someone else did. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Got to payment page, TWICE, and both times timed me out.
1 really really pissed off bunny!!!
Can accept 'not getting them', can't accept system screwing me over by not processing in a timely -not necessarily the same as 'fast' - manner.

My first was 1998 and succeeded every year since. 

Never tried resale before

???

Yeah agree once on the payment page that should be enough to secure the tickets.