2019 TICKET CHAT

bsolxiv

My local newspaper was running a 'how to get Glastonbury tickets' article last week - with all the usual advice about teaming up in groups of 6 and using multiple ISPs etc.  Considering this is an in-bred rag which is usually running stories about tombolas at the church fete, I think this means the cat is definitely out of the bag - hardcore ticket-day tactics are no longer the preserve of efestivals users.

What this probably means is that (1) there will be a far greater number of computers trying to get through to the Seetickets site and (2) a much higher percentage of those will be trying to get the full 6 tickets.  So you're less likely to get through and they'll sell out quicker.

9 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Surprised to hear that many didn't even get the holding page. I had a few instances of not being able to connect at all, but was pretty much consistently getting the holding page. We managed to get through twice on different machines - one tethered to 4G and one on a VPN.

Really sorry for those of you who didn't get a sniff. 

Yeah, it's odd that that happens- last year I failed to get onto the holding page, this year I got onto it pretty much every time- never quite fathomed whats going on with that.

I got my tickets, first time ever in the normal sale. Got them on my android phone one O2, work laptop and work iPhone couldn't even load the page. Gutted for everyone who missed out. There is always hope though, I've got tickets in resale 4 years in a row!

10 groups. 6 got tickets.

Personally, just a few tabs up in chrome/edge. got to ticket details page twice(edge!), but it failed to get to payment page .. Luckily friend managed to , on hotel wifi..

Some of our group hardly even got the holding page.....

(impressed that efestivals got in on the act by crashing as well :D )

Edited by davefb

Not a sniff here and totally totally gutted.

For what it's worth I have been testing access to Seetickets for a while (you didn't know?) and until the sale started there were 11 x IP addresses other than the 4 advertised through DNS that would service requests.

I had details all ready to post on here of which one(s) you could use in Host files to get in and once I had tested it myself would have made those public for you guys to hoover them up.  I haven't posted them previously as I'm certain that See would read these threads and close them off.

See are obvs aware to this though....and from start of sale they all simply redirected to the holding page.  I also tried on a 4G IP address that I haven't used before to be certain they hadn't blocked me from noticing all the activity over past few weeks.

Sorry peeps ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Cyclone-Bill said:

Got tickets, but 2 out of our 4 groups missed out. Delighted obviously, but it feels strange to have so many people miss out.

Anyone know roughly how many tickets usually go back up for the resale?

If I remember correctly Emily has said in the past it's about 10%, so probably about 12,000-14,000.

My friend got in very early in the process, got as far as submitting payment but then the page crashed and they never saw a confirmation page. But then someone else got through (more than 10 minutes later) and tried the same registrations and couldn't use them...so maybe that means the first transaction did go through? But no transaction is showing on his account yet, and no email yet.