Campervan tickets

windy_miller

4 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

I'm buying tickets for someone and they want a campervan ticket.  I've never had to buy a campervan ticket before.  Do I buy that tomorrow, or in April when the deposit is paid off?  Do I need the van's registration number or anything?

Just ticket deposits tomorrow.  Parking, tipis, campervan passes are later in the month.

2 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

Mates Mrs doesnt want to tent it, are the campervans fairly easy to get? And are they allocated east and west or is it just which side you turn up on? Ta

They sell out quicker each year as they get more popular.  You get to choose whether you want East, West or the Showground. West is tiny compared to East and sells out really quickly.  But you really really wouldn't like West, so I suggest you just try for East.  Please.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

They sell out quicker each year as they get more popular.  You get to choose whether you want East, West or the Showground. West is tiny compared to East and sells out really quickly.  But you really really wouldn't like West, so I suggest you just try for East.  Please.

Thanks for that

17 hours ago, windy_miller said:

I'm buying tickets for someone and they want a campervan ticket.  I've never had to buy a campervan ticket before.  Do I buy that tomorrow, or in April when the deposit is paid off?  Do I need the van's registration number or anything?

You need to use the registration number (for the festival tickets) as part of getting the cv ticket, and whoever that is needs to be in the van to get entry - they link the tickets that way. It doesn't need to be the driver it can be anyone in the van. However, there wasn't any indication last time of having already bought a cv ticket like there is in the festival, if you're trying in a group make sure you so know to stop after getting 1, since you get charged £20 or so admin fee per ticket you cancel. And really, just go to the West, there's nothing in the East. Honest.

58 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

Yes West is total rubbish. Don't go there!

+1 on the campervan. It’s my 4th Glastonbury and I’ve always done standard camping in the past, however keen to explore the campervan option this year.

If driving down on Wed/Thurs, will I likely face the following issues: 1) traffic, likely the busiest on Wed? 2) having to park up a long way from the site entrance ie E17, E16 or E15 as a lot of people arrive on Tues (particularly relevant for a Thurs arrival)?

Thanks for any help!

7 hours ago, Pear_Cider said:

Yes, last year it was straight after ticket resale in April.

Really? I thought it was shortly after the main sale at noon. For 2016 it was in May, but I didn't write down the last one. Either way, I was trying to lead a meeting whilst F5ing for a CV ticket. Didn't go well.

Edited by carlosj

Checked my seetickets orders and the CV ticket purchase date was 29th October in 2016, which is the last time I got one - so we're probably looking at a couple of weeks until the main CV sale... And from memory it'll be a frantic "F5" thrashing stress-fest.

I remember a few small sales of CV tickets post April resale last year mainly for Bath & West, but a few for East CV.

BTW : Aren't they making all large vehicles (> 7.2M) park at B&W now so the track doesn't get ripped up if its wet?

22 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

BTW : Aren't they making all large vehicles (> 7.2M) park at B&W now so the track doesn't get ripped up if its wet?

I believe this is the case, per the Campervan info on the website.. Blue (East) and Orange (West) state they are for £120 tickets only, whilst White (Bath & West) says £120 AND £200

means i will leaving the Thor Venetian at home and just bringing the caravan this year ?

Edited by BlueDaze

On 10/6/2018 at 10:44 PM, windy_miller said:

NO - but the CV tickets are tied to a non-coach ticket Glasto registration number. 

There will be a CV ticket sale and you'll get to choose East, West, B&W std, B&W Large. then enter your registration number (not the vehicles one). When you click on "Proceed" it'll validate the reg number and if you try to use one that's been used to buy a coach ticket it'll reject it.

I'm not sure how strict they are in checking if the CV ticket matches the Glasto one when you turn up as I've never tried using someones.

3 hours ago, carlosj said:

Really? I thought it was shortly after the main sale at noon. For 2016 it was in May, but I didn't write down the last one. Either way, I was trying to lead a meeting whilst F5ing for a CV ticket. Didn't go well.

I didn't manage to get a CV ticket in the October but Neil @eFestivals had a couple of spares that had been bought for him and he generously offered one to me. We were planning to meet up on the Tuesday morning so that we could go in in convoy as the ticket was in his name. As it turned out, after the GA ticket resale in April, there was a resale of CV tickets and I managed to nab one for myself so we didn't need the logistics planning. Neil cancelled the ticket and I paid him the ten quid admin fee :D