Neighbourhood Weekender 2019

SCG95

1 hour ago, TommyLC said:

Gonna hazard a guess at:

Ian Brown and Primal Scream/James on one day.

Catfish and the Bottlemen/Wolf Alice and Bastille on the other. 

Wishlist: Drenge, Idles, Sports Team, Peace, Boy Azooga. 

Ian Brown and Primal Scream works. Would make sense since they're playing APE the week before in London. 

Not too sure if Wolf Alice will be gigging next year. I hear they're due to go on a break after their run of upcoming gigs. 

2 hours ago, TommyLC said:

Gonna hazard a guess at:

Ian Brown and Primal Scream/James on one day.

Catfish and the Bottlemen/Wolf Alice and Bastille on the other. 

Wishlist: Drenge, Idles, Sports Team, Peace, Boy Azooga. 

If it's the same weekend as last year, Idles are in America 

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Are The Wombats a big enough deal locally to headline? Cos they haven't got any Manchester or Liverpool dates on their tour.

Ehhh potentially. If I was gonna stick em to any act from last year it'd be Blossoms but suppose there isn't a huge difference in what they're doing and what the Courteeners have been doing. 

12 minutes ago, Chipbarm said:

Some really bad bands being thrown into the mix here. The Wombats, 1975, Bastille, The Twang?? Christ after only one year people are trying to turn it into V festival.

Not sure anyone is trying to turn it in to V. Although it is being held on the same park as the first V Festival in '96. Would take the lineup from that: Pulp, Sterelab, Longpigs, Supergrass, Orbital. ?

37 minutes ago, TommyLC said:

Not sure the Wombats are a big enough pull.

Yeah I think they would probably sub. Was just wondering if there was any different perspective locally regarding them. Guess you'd know if there was. :P

50 minutes ago, Chipbarm said:

Some really bad bands being thrown into the mix here. The Wombats, 1975, Bastille, The Twang?? Christ after only one year people are trying to turn it into V festival.

This is essentially V Festival without the mainstream pop, rap and dance acts.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I think they would probably sub. Was just wondering if there was any different perspective locally regarding them. Guess you'd know if there was. :P

This is essentially V Festival without the mainstream pop, rap and dance acts.

So absolutely nothing like V, then?

The most similar festival to this is London’s community festival IMO. 

46 minutes ago, danz026 said:

So absolutely nothing like V, then?

The most similar festival to this is London’s community festival IMO. 

No the guy picked out some bad indie bands and said they were too 'V Festival' for this, but this is a festival that has loads of the indie bands who used to play V Fest so it was a poor shout. It's run by the same people as V Fest so it's a pretty easy thread to follow. 

And it barely needs mentioning but you're not obviously not gonna see Noel Gallagher or Starsailor or The Coral at Community so that's a crap comparison.

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No the guy picked out some bad indie bands and said they were too 'V Festival' for this, but this is a festival that has loads of the indie bands who used to play V Fest so it was a poor shout. It's run by the same people as V Fest so it's a pretty easy thread to follow. 

And it barely needs mentioning but you're not obviously not gonna see Noel Gallagher or Starsailor or The Coral at Community so that's a crap comparison.

The 1975 are good actually

• Upvote 1

Ian Brown has got to be a shoe/shoo/shoooo in to headline this given the timing of the album and the Warrington connection. (noticed a Where's Wally-esque little man with a lemon on his shirt on one of the facebook posts)

I'll go 

Ian Brown / Vaccines / Slow Readers Club/ Ocean Colour Scene / Embrace / Temples

Kasabian or Stereophonics / The Wombats  / Charlatans / Maximo Park / Johnny Marr / The Orielles

37 minutes ago, DDave said:

Ian Brown has got to be a shoe/shoo/shoooo in to headline this given the timing of the album and the Warrington connection. (noticed a Where's Wally-esque little man with a lemon on his shirt on one of the facebook posts)

I'll go 

Ian Brown / Vaccines / Slow Readers Club/ Ocean Colour Scene / Embrace / Temples

Kasabian or Stereophonics / The Wombats  / Charlatans / Maximo Park / Johnny Marr / The Orielles

I just don't think he's a headliner anymore personally- could see him second down to Liam gallagher or something like that though 

1 hour ago, DDave said:

I'll go 

What’s Johnny Marr ever done to you? :P 

6 hours ago, DDave said:

I'll go 

Get rid of Kasabian and it looks pretty straight up and realistic DDave/DDDave/DDDDDDave. :P

I think I actually brainstormed the same top three for Friday and then Catfish-Wombats-James for Sunday but obviously Charlatans and James are on the road showcasing how interchangeable they are nowadays so one of the two.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Get rid of Kasabian and it looks pretty straight up and realistic DDave/DDDave/DDDDDDave. :P

They were the other choices for my new username as it happens!

Easy to think of the older bands who could be on the bill - just need to look at Kendal Callings line ups for the last few years. Not so easy for the newer bands as a lot of the bands who fit the bill were already on this years...bill.

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The only difference between them is that Community is almost entirely populated by dark fruits acts whereas neighbourhood weekender is 100% dark fruits 

3 hours ago, Tunes101 said:

so what’s everybody thinking then?

Sat: LG, Ian Brown

Sun:Catfish, Wombats

I’m gonna go with Catfish/Manics and Ian Brown/Wombats. Maybe swap the subs depends whether they want an older act each day or go all out nostalgia on one day. 

If not Manics maybe James could be in with a shout.