Neighbourhood Weekender 2019

SCG95

On 10/26/2018 at 3:19 PM, TommyLC said:

New Ian Brown album out in March. Makes perfect sense to do this, although that Sacha from WHP was tweeting about his new music coming so maybe it's an indication that he's doing Parklife? I know he did WHP on the last tour so feasible. 

Richard Ashcroft and Ian Brown to sub, if I ever saw a pair.

Given that Courteeners obviously skew much larger in the North-West of England than anywhere else though and NGHFB played such a myriad of festival sizes as headliner this year, I'm not sure who could be in the headline frame here. I've got to assume that, if they could afford them, they would go for Kasabian, but given they were only headlining R+L last year, this definitely would look like a step down.

2 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Richard Ashcroft and Ian Brown to sub, if I ever saw a pair.

Given that Courteeners obviously skew much larger in the North-West of England than anywhere else though and NGHFB played such a myriad of festival sizes as headliner this year, I'm not sure who could be in the headline frame here. I've got to assume that, if they could afford them, they would go for Kasabian, but given they were only headlining R+L last year, this definitely would look like a step down.

Ian Brown was playing his own outdoor dates in Manchester before the Roses reunited, and obviously has decent history with Cheshire too. I think NBHD could - and will - get away with having him headline. Him and Catfish I reckon.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Ian Brown was playing his own outdoor dates in Manchester before the Roses reunited, and obviously has decent history with Cheshire too. I think NBHD could - and will - get away with having him headline. Him and Catfish I reckon.

Fair enough point; but at the same time, wouldn't say he's strictly at the level of those two either. Their pulling power - especially Courteeners - exceeds his as a solo act, I'd think.

If they are shy of "lad" options though, he could be a good shout if the other headliner carries more clout.

Just booked a hotel for this so hopefully it's worth the trip again, went up for the Sunday this year and was a decent day out.

If they're going to follow this years trend by having an older headliner that can appeal to dads as well as the beer boys then Ian Brown or Ashcroft seem obvious choices but can't see them getting both, one to go alongisde Catfish/Bastille or anyone else who's slipped my mind. Don't know if Kaiser Chiefs would be booked, particularly with Elland Road still being on sale but I could do without that.

The main announcement was Monday 13th November last year so hopefully only a couple of weeks away... Monday 12th maybe?

Edited by alexlloyd