Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

17 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

West Holts full lineup now present and in correct running order on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist. It's between the main poster and Avalon, about 1/4 through, from The Mauskovic Dance Band to Janelle Monae. As ever, songs selected are those played most often at recent shows (based on Setlist.fm and extra Googling), to give the best idea of what they'll play at the farm; 5 songs for each of the major stage acts.

There's no problem with it on the iPhone, I use it all the time. Sounds like the app isn't finding your premium account - try logging out and in again? Or re-installing the app?

Robin many thanks for this once again. Invaluable source of new music for me! Just listening to Mattiel - what an amazing voice. Great retro sound - love it. Can't see any info on what stage she/they will be playing - have i missed it? Cheers

• Like 1

Added the Acoustic Stage lineup to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist, as well as the DJs, MCs and soundsystems on Clash in Shangri La (as far as possible) - which highlights just what an incredibly diverse festival this is.

Also added all the recently self (or otherwise) confirmed...

5 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

Robin many thanks for this once again. Invaluable source of new music for me! Just listening to Mattiel - what an amazing voice. Great retro sound - love it. Can't see any info on what stage she/they will be playing - have i missed it? Cheers

She popped up on the self-confirmed thread - we don't know where yet.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

She popped up on the self-confirmed thread - we don't know where yet.

Ok thanks. Early doors on Park would be great. 

Added the Left Field lineup to the big Glastonbury 2019 playlist. From Emily Barker to Fantastic Negrito. 1 to 5 songs each, depending on billing/font size, as always based on recent setlists as far as possible.

Most interesting one of these, for me, in years, more lively electric stuff and less folk. Still can't fathom why IDLES aren't playing there mind.

I've also extracted this as a separate playlist here:

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Added the Left Field lineup to the big Glastonbury 2019 playlist. From Emily Barker to Fantastic Negrito. 1 to 5 songs each, depending on billing/font size, as always based on recent setlists as far as possible.

Most interesting one of these, for me, in years, more lively electric stuff and less folk. Still can't fathom why IDLES aren't playing there mind.

I've also extracted this as a separate playlist here:

Ooh a separate playlist - excellent!  Thanks.

Added the Avalon Cafe lineup to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist, as far as possible. 1-3 songs each depending on whether they'd been recommended on here, or Spotify listeners. The last of the stages, about 4/5 down, from 3 Daft Monkeys to Swimming Girls. Enjoying wonky Welsh slackers Sock, 7-piece World-influenced "groove folk" Bethlehem Casuals and alt-electro-blues Funke and the Two Tone Baby.

Remember that you can go straight to particular acts (and so stages) using the search facility - on the app, pull down from the top, on desktop Ctrl+F.

Added the Croissant Neuf lineup to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist, below the Common, from Ead Wood to Moon Looks On (the latter really nice easy country-folk). 3 tracks for the top half of the poster, 1 for the latter. Based on setlists/live reviews where possible, but there isn't much info on some of these acts (and some arent' on Spotify at all). Some really great stuff on there, and much more varied than you might expect - including some hip-hop (the Scribes) and 'techno-punk' (Scalping).

Extracted as a separate playlist here:

Over the last few days I've also added to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist recent self-confirmations/additions to the lineup & rumours page, Circa Waves, Black Midi, Mambo Brothers, and updated a few poster artists' selections based on recent setlists.

If you've not got the ad-free Spotify Premium you can currently get 3 months for 99p here.

The new Park (stage) acts have been added to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist and in poster order, under West Holts, from Cat Power to Black Peaches (who sound pretty good, "a psychotropic stew of country boogie, spiritual jazz and funk").

'Steam Down' are a jazz collective who don't have any of their group tracks on Spotify yet, so I've included some of their individual tracks.

'The Love Unlimited Synth Orchestra' look to be a one-off supergroup, but they'll be playing 'Love Unlimited Orchestra' tunes so I've included those.

Otherwise based on recent setlists (as far as possible).

Also split out as a separate playlist here:

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Added the Arcadia acts to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist, in so far as they play their own material, from Afriquoi to Stickybuds. Track selections based on recent tracklists as far as possible. Following the 2017 lineup page order, they are after Left Field and before Sonic.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:52 AM, The Placid Casual said:

Where's Geoff Berner playing? The song by him that came on shuffle is really catchy.

He's on Left Field, as part of the Radical Round-up on Sunday. The eFestivals' lineup & rumours page is usually the easiest way to see where someone's playing (at least until we get the full schedule), although for some reason he's not on it.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:50 PM, Penrhos said:

any chance of a Pangea playlist- Mr Robbin?

Sure, here you go: 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Other Stage now present and correct.

I know how much time and effort it takes to do these now, you're a smasher! 
It was easy to do when I had plenty of time at my desktop pc but I've been in and out of my office and work has been so busy!
Love u for your hard work xxx

• Like 1

John Peel acts all on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist too now, in running order (I'm including Diplo as the TBA). We already had West Holts, of course. As always, selections are the most performed tracks from recent shows, using Setlist.fm and Googling.

Thanks for the kind words folks, glad you appreciate it!

• Upvote 4