Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

17 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The playlist is updated most days at the moment, recently with self-confirmations The Mavericks, Jordan Rakei, Ryan McMullan, Easy Life and Snapped Ankles (via @Mardy). Also updated a few others based on recent setlists.

Thanks for the appreciative comments people. For those suggesting a donation or a patreon, cheers, but I really don't want your money (although I will certainly accept a drink at the eFests meet if you're there!) Can I suggest you direct anything you feel willing to pay here, as without this site this playlist wouldn't exist: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/clients/donations/1-donations-towards-running-costs/

thanks Robin, it's appreciated. Times are very hard. :( 

Just came across Fuck the Government by The Burning Hell - what a cracking song - have adopted it with my friend as our new theme tune - "pass the wine, fuck the Government, I love you ". 

Anyway I know nothing of this band and can't see them on the line up page. Have googled them and they look and sound good. Can anyone tell me anything more about them that isn't on their wiki page? Any idea where they might play? What are they like live? 

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2019 at 6:26 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Updated the playlist with the latest self-confirmations Sub Focus, Kojey Radical, and Solo Banton, and Neil's new Strong Rumour, Bros.

Also updated track selections, based on recent setlists, for the Streets, Wu-Tang, Frank Turner, and CamelPhat (and added a couple more for Algiers):

I urge you all to seek out the recent documentary on BROS 

Talk about Laugh out Loud

15 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Just came across Fuck the Government by The Burning Hell - what a cracking song - have adopted it with my friend as our new theme tune - "pass the wine, fuck the Government, I love you ". 

Anyway I know nothing of this band and can't see them on the line up page. Have googled them and they look and sound good. Can anyone tell me anything more about them that isn't on their wiki page? Any idea where they might play? What are they like live? 

@Mardy is your man.

I've only seen them the once, on William's Green at 11:00 am or something stupid in 2015, great fun. I think they also played the Crows Nest later that day.IMGP1016.thumb.JPG.73ff8e9d6b8074be905e73a736158b91.JPG

IMGP1014.JPG

41 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I heard about that - reputed to be  as (unintentionally) funny as Spinal Tap - do you know where it's available? 

Its called After the screaming stops

I am not sure where you get it from I looked on Iplayer for you but its not there.

I was convulsed on the floor with laughter and I felt compelled to watch it twice just to make sure it wasn't a send up by themselves.

29 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Its called After the screaming stops

I am not sure where you get it from I looked on Iplayer for you but its not there.

I was convulsed on the floor with laughter and I felt compelled to watch it twice just to make sure it wasn't a send up by themselves.

I'll keep an eye out for it!

9 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

@Mardy is your man.

I've only seen them the once, on William's Green at 11:00 am or something stupid in 2015, great fun. I think they also played the Crows Nest later that day.

Well now, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them play the Avalon stage on Saturday 29th. Probably late afternoonish/early evening. Pure speculation, of course, just a hunch of mine ;)

They're a great band live, seen them a few times, and they've never disappointed me. I think they're better live than on record, little bit more ragged and always a lot of fun

• Upvote 2

On 4/1/2019 at 9:02 PM, Beerqueen said:

My first band at my first Glastonbury in 2015 on Williams Green, Amateur Rapper is also a fantastic track.

13 hours ago, GMF said:

My first band at my first Glastonbury in 2015 on Williams Green, Amateur Rapper is also a fantastic track.

The news that they will likely be on a small stage and they are not in fact a huge supergroup that I have embarrassingly overlooked, is music to my ears! And this is exactly why I love @Brave Sir Robinand his playlist because I discover gems like this.