Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

All the poster acts are on now on the playlist.

Having been through them all, I feel much better about the lineup than I did at first, when it felt like we already knew most of the biggest acts and the surprises weren't welcome ones (Miley Cyrus!) There's loads of great stuff on there, from a variety of genres.

Top work sir. I have already sampled Jorja Smith and Billie Eilish and they have moved straight into my must see list. Your work is invaluable. cheers1

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

All the poster acts are on now on the playlist.

Having been through them all, I feel much better about the lineup than I did at first, when it felt like we already knew most of the biggest acts and the surprises weren't welcome ones (Miley Cyrus!) There's loads of great stuff on there, from a variety of genres.

You're a legend! Was looking forward to listening to the updated playlist, didn't expect to have it so soon though.

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2019 at 7:58 PM, Pear_Cider said:

I think you can take FD off the playlist now buddy...they're no longer an SR.

Ah, that’s a shame. But cheers for the info, done.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

finally got a spotify account yesterday. The playlist has already made it worth it.

Thanks Robin. :) 

You’re most welcome! There’s certainly things about Spotify that could be improved, but overall it’s pretty awesome.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

Surprised by the lack of songs from aurora's first album, any reason for that SBR?

Isn't it simply based on his finely honed methodology as quoted from page 1

"It features all the acts that are confirmed to be playing (when we have some), or likely to be (rated as TBC or 'Strong Rumour' on the lineup page); and for each, the 5 (or 3) songs they've been playing live the most (based on Setlist.fm and additional Googling)."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Isn't it simply based on his finely honed methodology as quoted from page 1

"It features all the acts that are confirmed to be playing (when we have some), or likely to be (rated as TBC or 'Strong Rumour' on the lineup page); and for each, the 5 (or 3) songs they've been playing live the most (based on Setlist.fm and additional Googling)."

Yeah I know but that doesn't go against what I'm saying. I could check setlist.fm to confirm but i know my point stands

43 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Yeah I know but that doesn't go against what I'm saying. I could check setlist.fm to confirm but i know my point stands

I'm only thinking this is a monumental undertaking and every year I marvel that he hasn't said "bollox to this", so if we start to ask look behind the wizard's curtain it may unravel a tad. 

19 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm only thinking this is a monumental undertaking and every year I marvel that he hasn't said "bollox to this", so if we start to ask look behind the wizard's curtain it may unravel a tad. 

He usually does... And then does it again anyway. For which we are truly grateful. In fact, if he had a Patreon, I'd probably throw in a couple of quid.

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He usually does... And then does it again anyway. For which we are truly grateful. In fact, if he had a Patreon, I'd probably throw in a couple of quid.

Good call. 

I'm sitting in Mexico in a jacuzzi overlooking Puerto Vallarta drinking G&T and being a fifty year old with the mind of an adolescent I'm currently pleased that I didn't replace curtain with sleeve, so I'm pleased you've raised the tone. 

As well as all the poster acts, recent additions to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist (1, 3 or 5 tracks depending on size) are Crystal Fighters (surely playing after their social media shenanigans highlighted by @Gnomicide, and the fact they have April/May dates to sell), Ed Cox & E-Coli, Kaotic Kartel, Old Dirty Brasstards, Midland, Euphonique, Gon Zon Zola, Jeff Goldblum, The Burning Hell, Gruska Babuska and the other new acts from the Croissant Neuf playlist (Wildwood Kin, Mad Dog Mcrea, Steve Knightley, Mad Apple Circus, Scalping, Ead Wood, and Sophie & The Giants), Algiers, Port Erin, Das Brass, Octopuses and Fontaines DC (following @Olshansky's chat with them).

20 hours ago, zico martin said:

Surprised by the lack of songs from aurora's first album, any reason for that SBR?

One of the whole points of the playlist is that it is the songs most played by the acts at recent live shows, rather than my picks or whatever (as @clarkete has pointed out).

18 hours ago, zico martin said:

Baffled as to why you would say this, rather than actually checking on setlist.fm. Here's the link to prove that the 5 songs on the playlist are indeed the 5 she's played most often this year:

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/aurora-23c6eca3.html?year=2019

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I get annoyed enough feeding my BBC music list into Spotify without adding dupes or missing tracks, so you must have the patience of a saint (or great meds). 

For someone such as myself underexposed to a lot of the lesser known acts it's been so helpful since you've been doing this. 

If  there's ever the opportunity to chuck you the price of a pint or two I'd be delighted. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

As well as all the poster acts, recent additions to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist (1, 3 or 5 tracks depending on size) are Crystal Fighters (surely playing after their social media shenanigans highlighted by @Gnomicide, and the fact they have April/May dates to sell), Ed Cox & E-Coli, Kaotic Kartel, Old Dirty Brasstards, Midland, Euphonique, Gon Zon Zola, Jeff Goldblum, The Burning Hell, Gruska Babuska and the other new acts from the Croissant Neuf playlist (Wildwood Kin, Mad Dog Mcrea, Steve Knightley, Mad Apple Circus, Scalping, Ead Wood, and Sophie & The Giants), Algiers, Port Erin, Das Brass, Octopuses and Fontaines DC (following @Olshansky's chat with them).

One of the whole points of the playlist is that it is the songs most played by the acts at recent live shows, rather than my picks or whatever (as @clarkete has pointed out).

Baffled as to why you would say this, rather than actually checking on setlist.fm. Here's the link to prove that the 5 songs on the playlist are indeed the 5 she's played most often this year:

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/aurora-23c6eca3.html?year=2019

I'm really sorry i didn't mean to sound so arsey, you do an amazing job and your playlist is as important as who's actually playing the festival!   

The playlist is updated most days at the moment, recently with self-confirmations The Mavericks, Jordan Rakei, Ryan McMullan, Easy Life and Snapped Ankles (via @Mardy). Also updated a few others based on recent setlists.

Thanks for the appreciative comments people. For those suggesting a donation or a patreon, cheers, but I really don't want your money (although I will certainly accept a drink at the eFests meet if you're there!) Can I suggest you direct anything you feel willing to pay here, as without this site this playlist wouldn't exist: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/clients/donations/1-donations-towards-running-costs/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1