Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

On 11/19/2018 at 7:16 PM, caballosblancos said:

Had to drive 6 hours today and this playlist was genius! Trying to like Stormzy, pissing myself at Mik Artistik, loving Gentleman’s Dub Club, and re-living New York BB from Avalon 2017. But but but, why no Lekkido ??

A fair point! He posted on Facebook that he would be at the Festival, he didn't explicitly say he'd be performing but that's gotta merit at least a Strong Rumour, Mr @eFestivals?

It's good enough for me in any case, I've added him to the end of the playlist:

• Like 2

On 11/19/2018 at 7:16 PM, caballosblancos said:

Had to drive 6 hours today and this playlist was genius! Trying to like Stormzy, pissing myself at Mik Artistik, loving Gentleman’s Dub Club, and re-living New York BB from Avalon 2017. But but but, why no Lekkido ??

Hackney Colliery, not New York. Oops.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Updated Glastonbury 2019 playlist features:

• The Streets, after the Instagram hint, given that he's usually there anyway and we had a tip from @endswithMJ a while back;
  • Beans on Toast's rather lovely new song about the birth of his baby girl; and
  • Lekiddo's Christmas song, as it's December (and it is one he rolls out at the farm).

On 10/16/2018 at 8:37 PM, Gnomicide said:

Honestly, do it. I first went to a meet in 2011 when I went on my own to the festival. I spent most of the evening chatting and laughing like a drain with a couple of people who rarely posted but had also plucked up the courage to attend. I have no recollection of what their names are but have a photo of them to remind me.

Sorry if this is either of you but I suspect you've long left the site...

P1000470.thumb.JPG.1d80a77ea00dd97fdb988bc0263f939f.JPG

I next went in 2014 where I met many regulars and have been back every year since. It really is a lovely event. It's just like here but in 3D, people talk about their Glastonbury obsession, who they're going to see, where they've camped etc. but without any negative posts. I've been back every year since apart from 2016 when I was stuck in traffic. Stay for 20 minutes, stay all night, hear Pear Cider's Bullseye story, marvel at HMV's capacity for swearing, hug Benny Hanna, be called a c**t by Mardy, it's bloody marvellous. 

You suspect wrong Gnomicide.... I am still here lurking in the background just like I was back in 2011 at the meet. I was spotted by the lovely 'badge' ladies & encouraged to join the group. I stayed for a few hours in your good company. The amusing thing is that despite having a good laugh I had no idea who I had been drinking with by name...

Now after posting this photo you have given me a dilemma.... i generally attend solo, as I was in 2011. Should I share this post with my good wife who has never been to Glastonbury??

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, twoheads said:

You suspect wrong Gnomicide.... I am still here lurking in the background just like I was back in 2011 at the meet. I was spotted by the lovely 'badge' ladies & encouraged to join the group. I stayed for a few hours in your good company. The amusing thing is that despite having a good laugh I had no idea who I had been drinking with by name...

Now after posting this photo you have given me a dilemma.... i generally attend solo, as I was in 2011. Should I share this post with my good wife who has never been to Glastonbury??

Blimey! I'd never have remembered your user name, good to see you're still about. Not sure on sharing with your good wife, unless you can explain who the lady covered in mud is :D

How many times did she fall over? It was at least two.

Maybe go with this photo to show the Mrs instead :)

20181206_204813.thumb.jpg.34876efa781f6901a3b8a63da696732f.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide

28 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Blimey! I'd never have remembered your user name, good to see you're still about. Not sure on sharing with your good wife, unless you can explain who the lady covered in mud is :D

How many times did she fall over? It was at least two.

Maybe go with this photo to show the Mrs instead :)

20181206_204813.thumb.jpg.34876efa781f6901a3b8a63da696732f.jpg

In her defence I think she had peaked a bit too soon....maybe she is still lurking around here also?

Am I correct in thinking that you were the Everton fanatic? 

28 minutes ago, twoheads said:

In her defence I think she had peaked a bit too soon....maybe she is still lurking around here also?

Am I correct in thinking that you were the Everton fanatic? 

:O

You couldn't be more wrong! :D

That's what the Cider Bus does to you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recent changes to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist:

• Added IDLES and Heavy Lungs after @the wonderwhy's tip (only 'R' on the lineup page but it's good enough for me)
  • Added a track by self-confirmed Mike Dennis, playing Croissant Neuf Thursday night
  • Updated song selections for a load of acts based on recent setlists
  • Removed Paolo Nutini and Macca (sigh)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, twoheads said:

Just read this. Are you sure that is not your wife in the background of that photo ;)

• Upvote 1

The playlist is now up to date with today's lineup page additions: new SRs Killers, Years & Years and Frank Turner (with Noel G moving down to SR too). Also added last week's TBCs Acid Mothers Temple and 3 Daft Monkeys, and one track each from newly self-confirmed Limerick oddballs Post Punk Hodge & the Technohippies, and the Murder Capital (following @CJTM's chat with them).

• Upvote 1