Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

On 10/16/2018 at 9:03 PM, crazyfool1 said:

My first meet last time despite being on here since 2011 ... I  went with a friend as this is how we got our tickets but have only just got him to sign up ... now he's not sure what to say ... I want to get him involved so he can meet some of the great people on here. he's a must c obsessive so should be easy to get him involved ... anyway next time I will try not to sit quietly under the tent and meet a few more of you I really only got to meet curlygirl .... but bumping into lots of you around the site was great 

You were like a beacon around the site last year after showing your outfit to everyone (next year I promise I will have the balls to come up and say hi). Still can't really believe I didn't manage to spot the Groot around and about. The opportunity to be a contestant in efest-spotting bingo is definitely a good incentive to make a highly distinctive outfit and live in it for five days :lol:

40 minutes ago, Quark said:

Both things that have to be done to be believed. Benny's hugs can revive a flagging spirit.

I forgot about the Glastonbury 2017 one. I did go to Boomtown meet up this year, but only managed to find @Tommy101 and his friends - still, we had a super fun time and I'm very much looking forward to meeting more of the efest celebrities in 2019 :)

59 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Perhaps people think you’ve been dialling in the “You’re a c**t” thing recently, Mardy. Some renewed vigour might be needed next year. 

I’ll be there next time. I’ll try and wear a t-shirt with ‘What am I?’ on it as a prompt. 

Hehe, I’m mellowing with middle age, obviously. Mind just wait till we get some confirmed acts, especially looking st some of these rumours, and I’ll  let rip

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

You were like a beacon around the site last year after showing your outfit to everyone (next year I promise I will have the balls to come up and say hi). Still can't really believe I didn't manage to spot the Groot around and about. The opportunity to be a contestant in efest-spotting bingo is definitely a good incentive to make a highly distinctive outfit and live in it for five days :lol:

I forgot about the Glastonbury 2017 one. I did go to Boomtown meet up this year, but only managed to find @Tommy101 and his friends - still, we had a super fun time and I'm very much looking forward to meeting more of the efest celebrities in 2019 :)

Is this the groot you're talking about? Is it someone in here?

FB_IMG_1540037581690.jpg

36 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Can people stay a bit later next year? Usually me and the Gnome at 11 going where’s everyone gone.

I’ll have a bash Wooders. But no promises. 

Mrs Woffy and smallest Woffling arrive at Thurs lunchtime. 

I’ll be in the queue Tuesday night. 

So Weds is my day / night for drinking until the Kidz Field beckons each following morning  

Keep me on infrequent piss-weak lager and I’ll hang in there  

33 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Is this the groot you're talking about? Is it someone in here?

FB_IMG_1540037581690.jpg

Aye, that would be the one! Unless there are two people who decided to make that costume :lol: He was posting pics of it in the run up - and i think made himself a baby Groot? - but I can't remember his user name now and a search isn't bringing it up. Not sure if @crazyfool1 remembers/tracked him down?

9 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Aye, that would be the one! Unless there are two people who decided to make that costume :lol: He was posting pics of it in the run up - and i think made himself a baby Groot? - but I can't remember his user name now and a search isn't bringing it up. Not sure if @crazyfool1 remembers/tracked him down?

I hope to Christ it had a special longdrop flap. 

8 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Can people stay a bit later next year? Usually me and the Gnome at 11 going where’s everyone gone.

I'm sure I was there till pretty late last year too...don't remember exactly. I thought we hooked up? I know I bumped into The Nal several times over the weekend! :D

On 10/16/2018 at 5:22 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Thanks all, very glad to see the playlist getting so much love!!

Updates since the start:

• Henge, announced by Shangri La on Facebook;
  • Mik Artistik's Sweet Leaf of the North replacing another of his, after a discussion on Twitter (including the band's promoter, and attracting a like from the man himself!!);
  • A track from Tony Bowen,  who plays a human jukebox set, at his request;
  • Bradley Cooper, following his comments about playing the Park (2 of them duets with Gaga, but don't get your hopes up just yet);
  • Today's new Strong Rumour - Orbital.

I also knocked up a cover image. Was going to use one simply of the sign, but ended up playing around with a snap from Foals on the Pyramid from 2016, and came up with this. I just hope it doesn't make newbies think we get ribbons all the time!

C67AC61B-AABC-4F1C-9246-BB69633CFD67.jpeg

Good choice on the Mik Artistik change!

21 hours ago, Sasperella said:

well I did I think and now ive forgotten and I cant find the thread in the archives ...like I managed to a few weeks ago  @balti-pie any ideas ? I think it was you that was the intended recipient of the baby groot 

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

well I did I think and now ive forgotten and I cant find the thread in the archives ...like I managed to a few weeks ago  @balti-pie any ideas ? I think it was you that was the intended recipient of the baby groot 

The baby groot is on my windowsill right now surveying all that’s below him! I split up with my missus in December and he was the thing I wanted custody of. He’s my little mate ??

Updates to the playlist over the past few days:

• Billy Bragg, who as @Beerqueen and @marathonsteve is highly likely!!
  • BC Camplight, who self-confirmed to @GrowlerPhil
  • Which prompted me to up the Beans on Toast quotient - wouldn't be surprised to see him get a slot on one of the major stages this time around 
On 10/21/2018 at 8:21 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

Good choice on the Mik Artistik change!

I think Sweet Leaf has been on every one of these I've done - at least there's a new version of it this time!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

Updates to the playlist over the past few days:

• Billy Bragg, who as @Beerqueen and @marathonsteve is highly likely!!
  • BC Camplight, who self-confirmed to @GrowlerPhil
  • Which prompted me to up the Beans on Toast quotient - wouldn't be surprised to see him get a slot on one of the major stages this time around 

I think Sweet Leaf has been on every one of these I've done - at least there's a new version of it this time!

I think that's how I got into him - listening to that song on your playlist. Saw him twice last year!