Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

29 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I do a sub list too, give them a quick listen on BRS's list, if I like them, they make the other list.

Yep! Love it - and this time round I'll be joining in from the beginning rather than after the resale. Can't wait for some announcements! 

15 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Yep! Love it - and this time round I'll be joining in from the beginning rather than after the resale. Can't wait for some announcements! 

Lol yes exactly the same for me. 2 resales in a row before this year, 8 months of obsessive spotify and efestival occupancy ahead!

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

Lol yes exactly the same for me. 2 resales in a row before this year, 8 months of obsessive spotify and efestival occupancy ahead!

You see, this is why I love this place - I can always find someone who thinks exactly the same as me - even down to the two resales in a row previously!  It makes such a difference knowing in October that you're going!  

(Though I may seriously piss off everyone I know before June is here!)

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

You see, this is why I love this place - I can always find someone who thinks exactly the same as me - even down to the two resales in a row previously!  It makes such a difference knowing in October that you're going!  

(Though I may seriously piss off everyone I know before June is here!)

Yep I'm pissing people off at work already! And my wife and teenage kids (the latter who are coming for the first time) are already rolling their eyes and shaking their heads. Perhaps I'm pushing too hard!

1 minute ago, zico martin said:

Yep I'm pissing people off at work already! And my wife and teenage kids (the latter who are coming for the first time) are already rolling their eyes and shaking their heads. Perhaps I'm pushing too hard!

I think everyone in my corridor at work (and I've only been there a month) knows.  And I'm trying to rearrange a big meeting which is due to take place on the afternoon of 25 June so that I can get away early.  Pah, who cares if I piss people off!  Hope to see you for a drink somewhere in the fields - we ought to toast our shared opinions!

Just now, Beerqueen said:

I think everyone in my corridor at work (and I've only been there a month) knows.  And I'm trying to rearrange a big meeting which is due to take place on the afternoon of 25 June so that I can get away early.  Pah, who cares if I piss people off!  Hope to see you for a drink somewhere in the fields - we ought to toast our shared opinions!

Sounds like a great idea. Name badge or t-shirt with your username on though? ;)

Thanks all, very glad to see the playlist getting so much love!!

Updates since the start:

• Henge, announced by Shangri La on Facebook;
  • Mik Artistik's Sweet Leaf of the North replacing another of his, after a discussion on Twitter (including the band's promoter, and attracting a like from the man himself!!);
  • A track from Tony Bowen,  who plays a human jukebox set, at his request;
  • Bradley Cooper, following his comments about playing the Park (2 of them duets with Gaga, but don't get your hopes up just yet);
  • Today's new Strong Rumour - Orbital.

I also knocked up a cover image. Was going to use one simply of the sign, but ended up playing around with a snap from Foals on the Pyramid from 2016, and came up with this. I just hope it doesn't make newbies think we get ribbons all the time!

C67AC61B-AABC-4F1C-9246-BB69633CFD67.jpeg

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
Pic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 13

26 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Thanks all, very glad to see the playlist getting so much love!!

Updates since the start:

• Henge, announced by Shangri La on Facebook;
  • Mik Artistik's Sweet Leaf of the North replacing another of his, after a discussion on Twitter (including the band's promoter, and attracting a like from the man himself!!);
  • A track from Tony Bowen,  who plays a human jukebox set, at his request;
  • Bradley Cooper, following his comments about playing the Park (2 of them duets with Gaga, but don't get your hopes up just yet);
  • Today's new Strong Rumour - Orbital.

I also knocked up a cover image. Was going to use one simply of the sign, but ended up playing around with a snap from Foals on the Pyramid from 2016, and came up with this:

p.jpeg?size=1024x768&size_mode=3

I just hope it doesn't make newbies think we get ribbons all the time!

I like the Tony Bowen track - so, he plays small stages and sings whatever the audience calls out?  Is that right?  Sounds fun.

On 10/10/2018 at 11:24 PM, zico martin said:

Sounds like great fun, did you go last time?

On 10/10/2018 at 11:32 PM, Beerqueen said:

Yeah I did but I was a bit shy!  But it was good fun.

Honestly, do it. I first went to a meet in 2011 when I went on my own to the festival. I spent most of the evening chatting and laughing like a drain with a couple of people who rarely posted but had also plucked up the courage to attend. I have no recollection of what their names are but have a photo of them to remind me.

Sorry if this is either of you but I suspect you've long left the site...

P1000470.thumb.JPG.1d80a77ea00dd97fdb988bc0263f939f.JPG

I next went in 2014 where I met many regulars and have been back every year since. It really is a lovely event. It's just like here but in 3D, people talk about their Glastonbury obsession, who they're going to see, where they've camped etc. but without any negative posts. I've been back every year since apart from 2016 when I was stuck in traffic. Stay for 20 minutes, stay all night, hear Pear Cider's Bullseye story, marvel at HMV's capacity for swearing, hug Benny Hanna, be called a c**t by Mardy, it's bloody marvellous. 

• Upvote 1

My first meet last time despite being on here since 2011 ... I  went with a friend as this is how we got our tickets but have only just got him to sign up ... now he's not sure what to say ... I want to get him involved so he can meet some of the great people on here. he's a must c obsessive so should be easy to get him involved ... anyway next time I will try not to sit quietly under the tent and meet a few more of you I really only got to meet curlygirl .... but bumping into lots of you around the site was great 

22 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Now I feel left out!

Perhaps people think you’ve been dialling in the “You’re a c**t” thing recently, Mardy. Some renewed vigour might be needed next year. 

I’ll be there next time. I’ll try and wear a t-shirt with ‘What am I?’ on it as a prompt. 

Edited by Woffy