After recommendations for non uk festivals for 2019

thetime

I’m after somewhere new for 2019, I am already booked for sziget in 2019 and fancy another. 

I have done Werchter, Pukkelpop, Sziget, roskilde over seas and a bit lost on somewhere new. I’m not interested in the likes of Mad Cool, primavera or Beni as I an after a camping festival. Ideally it would be a festival in the mould of Sziget or Roskikde, although wouldn’t rule out a band based festival like Werchter. 

You can try Electric Castle in Romania, but it can get muddy if it rains. The lineup & the atmosphere were pretty cool this year! However, it's a medium-sized festival & not a major one, as Sziget or Roskilde.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

Had a really good time at Best Kept Secret a few years back, extremely chilled vibe though so not the best for a party atmosphere. Open'er is also decent, once again a slightly more laid back and chilled crowd than your typical British festival, but great value for money when you consider the lineup.

Nos Alive is made for you. Complete experience... (unreachable level of camping, as it is a 3 stars camping which has a partnership, perfect crowd, fantastic lineup and atmosphere, and music in the night...) 

NOS is indeed excellent, but also mediterranian time schedule, so arena doesn’t open until 5-6pm and it goes on until 5am ish. 

I recommend Lowlands festival to anyone I know. Not as massive as Roskilde and Sziget, but Great atmosphere and goes on almost 24h a day. Great for the bands during the day and (dance) parties at night. Not a good combo with Sziget though, you’d have to go straight from Hungary to Holland. 

8 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

NOS is indeed excellent, but also mediterranian time schedule, so arena doesn’t open until 5-6pm and it goes on until 5am ish. 

I recommend Lowlands festival to anyone I know. Not as massive as Roskilde and Sziget, but Great atmosphere and goes on almost 24h a day. Great for the bands during the day and (dance) parties at night. Not a good combo with Sziget though, you’d have to go straight from Hungary to Holland. 

Looked at lowlands, one day I want to go there. A bit to close coming back from sziget for that one next year, looking at more June/July fests. 

Edited by thetime