Coach allocation

tm140

Hi, we luckily got Thursday coach tickets from Birmingham (although we live in London!) but it says the coach times will be allocated later.  Does anyone know when these departure allocation happen?  The email says to contact them if we have not received this by 7 days before the festival, which seems very late, so would be good to understand when this happens in reality.  Also, is there any way to influence what coach you are allocated to?  Thanks in advance for your help! Tom 

You can’t influence it and you will find out a month or two before the fest.

I had Thursday Birmingham coaches for the last 3 years and departure has always been around 6am. No gaurantee that’s what you’ll get though.

ps thanks for racking my spot grrrrrr ? 

Edited by John the Moth
Fat thumb
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tm140 said:

Hi John, thanks mate.  Do you know if all the coaches left early or did you just get allocated to the earliest one?  I don't suppose you know when the latest Birmingham coaches have been?  Cheers! Tom

IIRC there are at least 3-4 departure times from Brum, the first being at 0545h.

Certainly was one at....1030h?

As John said, you can't influence and you won't know until well into next year.

Ben

2 hours ago, Aoife said:

We got Birmingham tickets too (Wednesday), coming down from Edinburgh the night before so aiming to stay overnight somewhere near where the coaches go from - does anyone know where that usually is?

Thanks  

If like last year, is very central, within 1-2 mins walk of New Street Station. 

Ben

I think I was allocated a coach from Birmingham at 1030 on the Thursday.  I cursed at the lateness but as it was the year of the mud and delays getting in on the Wednesday it was blessing in the end.  I booked a cheap refundable hotel and cancelled it as I could get to Brum by 10 so didn't need to stay over.  And I think I was told about a month before what time my coach was.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:24 AM, tm140 said:

Hi, we luckily got Thursday coach tickets from Birmingham (although we live in London!) but it says the coach times will be allocated later.  Does anyone know when these departure allocation happen?  The email says to contact them if we have not received this by 7 days before the festival, which seems very late, so would be good to understand when this happens in reality.  Also, is there any way to influence what coach you are allocated to?  Thanks in advance for your help! Tom 

I went by coach last year. I got notified the details mid-May.

On 10/5/2018 at 10:25 AM, John the Moth said:

You can’t influence it and you will find out a month or two before the fest.

I had Thursday Birmingham coaches for the last 3 years and departure has always been around 6am. No gaurantee that’s what you’ll get though.

ps thanks for racking my spot grrrrrr ? 

Upvoted mainly because you had 99 upvotes and I like round numbers :)

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Not necessarily true that you can't influence it.

Send SeeTickets an email and see what happens. I've asked a few times before and they've put a note next to my order requesting I be put on the earliest coach (or so they tell me). My tickets have always had seat numbers of 1 and 2 on them also so I'm guessing they've done something.

Worth a shot.