Sign in to follow this  
NerdsNatterings

Community 2019

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

its more the crowd than anything else, the audience is very indie. I bet they will be 3rd down, last two years a much heavier act has been 3rd down so it would make sense to continue this. Surely with Blossoms’ special guest status they won’t be moving 2 below the kooks, doesn’t really make sense as they are like the kooks’ guest?

Blossoms also happen to be supporting the Kooks in Europe this year if that’s anything to do with it 

also fair to remember that the week prior to community, blossoms are playing a headline gig at a stadium in there hometown, which they sold out in an hour. Not saying don broco aren't big (mainly cos idk who they are, not on my radar), but that blossoms aren't as small as people reckon sometimes.

Having said that, courteeners can play old trafford or heaton park, and then play down south to a piss poor crowd/ so might be similar for blossoms

1 minute ago, maxdillon7 said:

also fair to remember that the week prior to community, blossoms are playing a headline gig at a stadium in there hometown, which they sold out in an hour. Not saying don broco aren't big (mainly cos idk who they are, not on my radar), but that blossoms aren't as small as people reckon sometimes.

Having said that, courteeners can play old trafford or heaton park, and then play down south to a piss poor crowd/ so might be similar for blossoms

Blossoms don’t have as dramatic a divide as Courteeners i’d say, Blossoms were great at APE last year I thought and it seemed like the crowd was into them

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Blossoms were great at APE last year I thought and it seemed like the crowd was into them

the fact that blossoms were second on the main stage at APE and pulled a good crowd should be enough to cement their place second on the bill for community right? arguably a smaller festival too

33 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

What times the announcement?

23 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yeah, not sure if it’s the Friday or the Saturday (community is Sunday)

Maybe *maybe* you will be right about KOL 😉

Swmrs first American act to be booked? They’re sick tbf if I was going I’d be happy with them, Blaenavon, Amazons and Broco but that’s about it 

I think KoL or whoever will happen, why would they have done it on a Sunday and not a Saturday like the first year was when they didn’t have other festivals. Maybe the sunday sold better as a counter argument, i’d say both of the lineups were pretty equal in strength?

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I think KoL or whoever will happen, why would they have done it on a Sunday and not a Saturday like the first year was when they didn’t have other festivals. Maybe the sunday sold better as a counter argument, i’d say both of the lineups were pretty equal in strength?

KOL is 100% happening 

32 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

KOL is 100% happening 

I really hope it does. It sounds ideal. MK bowl gig was a fantastic day.