Community 2019

NerdsNatterings

On 9/28/2019 at 8:44 AM, Sam Y said:

Royal Blood

Sam Fender (2 ally Pally dates announced) 

Frank Carter 

Declan McKenna

The Sherlocks

The Night Cafe 

Easy Life

Not sure Royal Blood are right for community - generally the headliners have been far more well, generic. I'm not sure Sam Fender is the best choice as he will have sold a lot of tickets already in London in 2020 - obviously not a bad choice but not too sure its the best one. Can see it being the one they go for though.

• 3 months later...
On 1/29/2019 at 7:28 PM, Fuzzy Afro said:

Appreciate this is "back of a fag packet" but both the Kooks and Blossoms played R&L 3rd down the last two years, Don Broco played 3rd down on the second stage. Appreciate that both the Kooks and Blossoms are more "commercial" acts than Broco which pushes them up festival bills, but that could be the case here.

Also if you look at the last London venue they all headlined, it's Brixton for Blossoms (5k), Ally Pally for Don Broco (10k) and Wembley for the Kooks (12k). Believe all three sold out. I don't see any argument for Don Broco being bigger than the Kooks.

My source mentioned the Kooks, Don Broco, Blossoms, Kate Nash and Gerry Cinnamon before the first announcement and nailed the Reading headliners so I've got no reason to doubt that Don Broco are getting announced.

Don’t suppose your source has any news at all on Community or Reading this year?

Or news on KoL doing a headline gig at Finsbury Park this summer on the day of community?

On 1/29/2019 at 7:28 PM, Fuzzy Afro said:

Appreciate this is "back of a fag packet" but both the Kooks and Blossoms played R&L 3rd down the last two years, Don Broco played 3rd down on the second stage. Appreciate that both the Kooks and Blossoms are more "commercial" acts than Broco which pushes them up festival bills, but that could be the case here.

Also if you look at the last London venue they all headlined, it's Brixton for Blossoms (5k), Ally Pally for Don Broco (10k) and Wembley for the Kooks (12k). Believe all three sold out. I don't see any argument for Don Broco being bigger than the Kooks.

My source mentioned the Kooks, Don Broco, Blossoms, Kate Nash and Gerry Cinnamon before the first announcement and nailed the Reading headliners so I've got no reason to doubt that Don Broco are getting announced.

Don’t suppose your source has any news on Community this year or Reading? 

Or even on the rumours about Kings of Leon performing at Finsbury Park on June 28tg

Just now, Jake1234 said:

I’m not sure if it’s a different event or if it is community but just with a bigger headliner? If it is a different event is community just cancelled then?

Well Kings Of Leon is probably its own event...and just in the same place as Community..(if it returns and still in Finsbury.)

7 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Would it? It’s a potential completely different event?

I presumed Community and the KoL headline slot are different, similar to a few years back when Queens of the Stone Age, Liam Gallagher and Community were separate events. I just presumed there was a fair wedge of crossover between the two events so was pondering aloud who would be the support acts.

Presumably it'll all be clear when we get some announcements. Maybe it'll come on down later in month.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 12:27 PM, eFestivals said:

or possibly the weekend before or after.

I'm pretty sure it is.

Just thought, Wireless is usually the weekend after I’m pretty sure, so it’ll probs be the weekend before or the Saturday. This being said, the weekend before Noel Gallagher’s hfb are doing a big outdoor London gig, that night clash with the demographic of community fans and potential see ticket sales take a knock? I also emailed Community as I was so so bored, and they said that the details are yet to be confirmed, I’m really losing my patience with them and Reading 

7 hours ago, Jake1234 said:

Just thought, Wireless is usually the weekend after I’m pretty sure, so it’ll probs be the weekend before or the Saturday. This being said, the weekend before Noel Gallagher’s hfb are doing a big outdoor London gig, that night clash with the demographic of community fans and potential see ticket sales take a knock? I also emailed Community as I was so so bored, and they said that the details are yet to be confirmed, I’m really losing my patience with them and Reading 

They’ll announce when they are ready. I’m waiting but I wouldn’t go as far to say I’m losing patience with them. Lol.