Community 2019

NerdsNatterings

7 hours ago, stanh said:

tbh i was expecting a bit of a bigger band such as catfish again, but i guess citadel got them. but i did think in the end that the kooks fit the bill really well and pulled quite a good headline set; just a shame though it still ended in daylight and had no fireworks to finish off the night. and fairs i reckon courteeners or foals then with wombats as a special guest. but yeh i reckon FR will end up staying at finsbury, just a shame though as both fests do have a lot more potential - but theyre held back by the restrictions the council has put in place for them; would love to see that change though.

who are you thinking could be on the bill? 

I think Bastille/Courteeners with Wombats would go down really well. Other choices maybe George Ezra, Noel Gallagher (maybe too old though with their whole new music thing but would be great). I think if the wombats weren't doing Reading this year then they could headline probably, maybe next album I guess but would love to see them headline it. Foals would definitely be fine without Wombats, I'd currently say Wombats are probably too strong for sub unless its an underwhelming headliner. Would honestly love to see them make Community a two day event and make it maybe one larger artist like Foals on the Sunday as its a worse day for sales and then a smaller one like wombats on Saturday but sell only two day tickets at least till a month before it would work well, I think they are already kind of struggling to get suitable headliners as few bands are rising quickly for their new artists kind of thing. Sort of like Neighbourhood Weekender I guess.

2020 - Foals full headline OR George Ezra, Bastille or Courteeners with Wombats special guest

2021 - Blossoms/Catfish or above who didn't do it ^

Not a fan of Wolf Alice and not really that classic community indie pop I guess, not nearly as well known as any of the current headliners we have had but may be on the way, not really a listener to be honest. Can see catfish back although may be too big by 2021if they aren't already now. Surely not 2020 as that will be their 4th london fest in a row and you can tell with Citadel that the sales are dropping off now.

1 hour ago, stanh said:

tbf i think the wombats could headline with strong subs, especially considering the kooks did it this year. but yeh a 2 day thing would be pretty mint too and could see it working if they did a different lineup to neighbourhood and kept it at like £70/80 for both days or £55 for the sat, £40 for the sun - like keep it at the cheaper price point for ticket.

Yeah, I guess i just want an early summer festival that can get the big TRNSMT names down south (well like last year's anyway hah) that isn't Glastonbury. Wonder if they will put Community on glastonbury's weekend again, seemed to sell well even though it was that weekend this year.

Edited by gfa

What smaller acts could be there? Was kinda gutted I couldn't make it this year for Sea Girls and Academic who were both great when i'd seen them before. Would love to see YONAKA, LONA, Sunset Sons play, and could Royal Blood possibly headline? Bit heavier than the headliners they've had so far but I still could see it.

1 hour ago, NerdsNatterings said:

What smaller acts could be there? Was kinda gutted I couldn't make it this year for Sea Girls and Academic who were both great when i'd seen them before. Would love to see YONAKA, LONA, Sunset Sons play, and could Royal Blood possibly headline? Bit heavier than the headliners they've had so far but I still could see it.

I went for George Ezra, Foals, Wombats and Noel then Glass Animals, Circa Waves, Wombats if they don't headline and someone else.

This was my first Community after two years of pulling out last minute. Wasn’t sure what I was expecting but it was bloody great. Aside the great music, the best bit was finding the quiet green corner, through the trees, (top right of map). No queue for toilets/bars/food between acts. 

I would definitely up for George Ezra here next year.That’d be perfect. 

18 hours ago, bmt Promotions said:

Blossoms and kooks draws all the usual crowd in and royal blood would be a great stepping stone for them to headline reading and attracts new types of fans..

Not convinced that Royal Blood are the right act, not really that classic singalong 5 years out of date indie that they go for. Would definitely put a lot of my friends off anyway. I reckon George must be in with a shout which i'm fine with, pleasantly surprised with his IoW set and would work well with the non-darkness curfew too.

I reckon it’ll be one of the Gallagher brothers. Depends how much they’re willing to invest and other commitments. If Liam isn’t doing Reading and Community are willing to bring him in I’ll say him (but ticket prices will probably increase). If not then Noel has been quiet for a while, he’d probably be quite a bit cheaper but would still go down well. 

8 hours ago, gfa said:

Not convinced that Royal Blood are the right act, not really that classic singalong 5 years out of date indie that they go for. Would definitely put a lot of my friends off anyway. I reckon George must be in with a shout which i'm fine with, pleasantly surprised with his IoW set and would work well with the non-darkness curfew too.

8 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I reckon it’ll be one of the Gallagher brothers. Depends how much they’re willing to invest and other commitments. If Liam isn’t doing Reading and Community are willing to bring him in I’ll say him (but ticket prices will probably increase). If not then Noel has been quiet for a while, he’d probably be quite a bit cheaper but would still go down well. 

I feel like any of Noel Liam or Ezra or probably even Royal Blood is probably a bit optimistic. Noel and Ezra have both just done Isle of Wight so would be a huge get for Community. At the moment I think Wombats are possibly the most likely shout? Ideal for the festival, will be three years since they last played, and probably won't be too expensive. Would definitely be tempted if the undercard was as good as it has been so far.

Also, who could do the 'heavy' spot this year? Feel like Frank Carter could be a shout, IDLES could if Reading don't get them on an exclusive. 

2 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I feel like any of Noel Liam or Ezra or probably even Royal Blood is probably a bit optimistic. Noel and Ezra have both just done Isle of Wight so would be a huge get for Community. At the moment I think Wombats are possibly the most likely shout? Ideal for the festival, will be three years since they last played, and probably won't be too expensive. Would definitely be tempted if the undercard was as good as it has been so far.

Also, who could do the 'heavy' spot this year? Feel like Frank Carter could be a shout, IDLES could if Reading don't get them on an exclusive. 

Thinking about it by then it will be a year and a half since their last London show which sold out i think so would definitely be alright. I would love it to be fair, although not too sure as their sounds of the city with circa waves too as support seems to have sold badly so not sure it would work great.

Really hope its moved to Saturday 27th because I don't see them pushing it back later than 9.30 sadly. Will still go either way though!

Predictions - in order of likelihood

Headliner: Courteeners, Wolf Alice, Foals, Kaiser Chiefs, The Wombats, Bring Me The Horizon

Sub: Wolf Alice (if not headlining), Nothing But Thieves, Bastille, CHVRCHES, Bloc Party

3rd: Idles, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Shame, Deaf Havana

Others: Sam Fender, Miles Kane, The Sherlocks, The Magic Gang, DMA'S, Johnny Marr, Pretty Vicious, Introspective

2nd stage headliner: Razorlight, The Night Cafe, Twin Atlantic

9 hours ago, R Shah said:

Really hope its moved to Saturday 27th because I don't see them pushing it back later than 9.30 sadly. Will still go either way though!

Headliner: Courteeners, Wolf Alice, Foals, Kaiser Chiefs, The Wombats, Bring Me The Horizon

Sub: Wolf Alice (if not headlining), Nothing But Thieves, Bastille, CHVRCHES, Bloc Party

Others: Sam Fender, Miles Kane, The Sherlocks, The Magic Gang, DMA'S, Johnny Marr, Pretty Vicious, Introspective

Definitely not BMTH, its not their scene at all and so soon after their awful APE sale at a ?larger? festival no chance. Johnny Marr would be great loved him at strokes day on APE.

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

Definitely not BMTH, its not their scene at all and so soon after their awful APE sale at a ?larger? festival no chance. Johnny Marr would be great loved him at strokes day on APE.

I thought they were around the same size but community has cheaper tickets and at a better time of year for bmth young fans 

9 hours ago, R Shah said:

I think most of those are pretty possible, some of the headliners maybe a bit optimistic. Personally can't see Johnny Marr but would like to be proved wrong. Out of those, 

Wombats

Bloc party

Frank carter

Sam fender

Miles kane

Sherlocks

Then throw in yonaka and LONA to start the day off and I'd be there in a  flash ??

25 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I think most of those are pretty possible, some of the headliners maybe a bit optimistic. Personally can't see Johnny Marr but would like to be proved wrong. Out of those, 

Wombats

Bloc party

Frank carter

Sam fender

Miles kane

Sherlocks

Then throw in yonaka and LONA to start the day off and I'd be there in a  flash ??

Last 2 years they've picked a headliner (TDCC and Kooks) who are playing 3rd down main stage at Reading the year before - which Wombats are this year.

Wombats would be a very perfect fit, just think Wolf Alice/Kaiser Chiefs/Courteeners/Foals more likely because they've headlined other festivals before.

That said, TDCC and Kooks were both given (I think) their first festival headline slots for this.

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

Last 2 years they've picked a headliner (TDCC and Kooks) who are playing 3rd down main stage at Reading the year before - which Wombats are this year.

Wombats would be a very perfect fit, just think Wolf Alice/Kaiser Chiefs/Courteeners/Foals more likely because they've headlined other festivals before.

That said, TDCC and Kooks were both given (I think) their first festival headline slots for this.

Two door were meant to headline latitude 2014 but had to pull out . They headlined boardmasters y not and wilderness in 2017

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

My early stab in the dark prediction for 2020 (main stage only)

The Wombats

Bastille

Deaf Havana

DMA’s

Fickle Friends

Spector

Arkells

Zuzu 

I'd say thats fairly weak, especially at the bottom, compared to the last 3 years. Spector are probably around the size of a band who'd open the stage to be honest. I think the top end could be close to what we'll end up with (I'd expect Bastille to headline over Wombats possibly). Deaf Havana are a good shout for the 'heavy' slot too, not sure who else could fit there (maybe Frank Carter or Idles?)

I reckon Bastille should really be above Wombats - they would have to be billed as very special guest surely. I think Bastille makes sense as the sub given Community's genre but we'll have to see. IDLES would be a great pick with so much buzz around them right now and devoted fans.

Yeah Bastille/Wombats is a 50/50 call. Only reason I reckon the Wombats are more popular in London is because their last two tours have seen them play Ally Pally and Wembley arena whereas Bastille played o2 Brixton.

I like the pairing of them because it means you could have a Love Fame Tragedy secret set on the N4 stage in the early afternoon.