Community 2019

NerdsNatterings

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

its more the crowd than anything else, the audience is very indie. I bet they will be 3rd down, last two years a much heavier act has been 3rd down so it would make sense to continue this. Surely with Blossoms’ special guest status they won’t be moving 2 below the kooks, doesn’t really make sense as they are like the kooks’ guest?

Blossoms also happen to be supporting the Kooks in Europe this year if that’s anything to do with it 

1 minute ago, maxdillon7 said:

also fair to remember that the week prior to community, blossoms are playing a headline gig at a stadium in there hometown, which they sold out in an hour. Not saying don broco aren't big (mainly cos idk who they are, not on my radar), but that blossoms aren't as small as people reckon sometimes.

Having said that, courteeners can play old trafford or heaton park, and then play down south to a piss poor crowd/ so might be similar for blossoms

Blossoms don’t have as dramatic a divide as Courteeners i’d say, Blossoms were great at APE last year I thought and it seemed like the crowd was into them

I think KoL or whoever will happen, why would they have done it on a Sunday and not a Saturday like the first year was when they didn’t have other festivals. Maybe the sunday sold better as a counter argument, i’d say both of the lineups were pretty equal in strength?

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I think KoL or whoever will happen, why would they have done it on a Sunday and not a Saturday like the first year was when they didn’t have other festivals. Maybe the sunday sold better as a counter argument, i’d say both of the lineups were pretty equal in strength?

KOL is 100% happening 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crazy how early it ends, not even dark at 9pm was it like that the last two years - can't see FR staying at Finsbury Park much longer in all honesty. Bar prices were standard london festival can't remember queues being too bad a large amount of the crowd is under 18 so that helps a lot. I walked to another station somewhere near Manor House last time, I think it was Alexandra Palace and so didn't queue there. They seem to have the crowd pretty under control obviously Manor House will be packed but not sure why there is that note at Finsbury Park saying it will be very busy as its a long walk from the exit and i'm pretty sure it was shut last year. Probably will be heading there unless we get out really quickly (then will do Manor House) as i'm going to kings cross.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:35 PM, stanh said:

yeah mate decent im heading to kings cross too! but yeah inint 9.30 is such an early curfew but its because of all the locals complaining, so doubt FR will stay much longer either - but wireless and community do seem pretty popular festivals anyways so im sure theyll move them if they need to and a better park comes up

9.30 is just ridiculous, even BST is later than that and its got all the posh people around Hyde Park. Got out nice and quick though and home around 11 anyway so thats alright I guess but it wasn't even dark for the end of the headline set. I think two of the wireless days are later by 30 mins but still its such as joke vs Victoria Park. No fireworks either complete joke really.

I had a very eventful day but all in all, besides the early finish and some noticeable sound issues for Swmrs, thought it was very well put on again.

also have I made it up or did they have stalls selling gum, fags, etc. Last year?? Cuz they didn’t this year but I could’ve sworn they did last year as I remember buying from there.

1 hour ago, stanh said:

yeh init i agree, 9:30 is way too early for a headline set to end, and yeah i agree fireworks woulda been great too...

wireless times for this year are: friday- 13:30-22:30, saturday- 11:00-22:30, sunday- 11:00-21:30

with the friday and saturday though having end times of 10.30, what is stopping commuity from being held on a saturday if it were to stay at finsbury? but tbh i cant see FR wanting to stay much longer if the locals continue to moan about it, i felt the sound for every set par the kooks was pretty quiet and at times you couldnt even hear the artist. but, it was still a great day and i got to kings cross by 10.15, the organisation was great for entrance and exit - apart from the massive queue for online tickets to be collected. other than that though, excited for 2020! 

edit: the music at wireless according the set times posted on the app, finishes at 10.15 on the fri & sat, then 9.20 on sun

yeah at victoria park 9:30 was when the headline sets were starting - their loss as Finsbury Park I guess. Thoughts on who will be headlining next year? Would like to maybe see the wombats take the slot myself although they might be a bit small. Kooks seemed to sell it really well this year and they are doing the same slot as them at r&l. Was a lot busier earlier on than previously years too, probably thanks to Gerry mainly but still.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stanh said:

erm well i would love to see maybe foals do it? courteeners would be decent but i reckon theyre too big now for community. its hard to guess though who they could get as headliners though, as i definitely wasnt expecting the kooks this year; maybe bastille, bombay bicycle club, kaiser chiefs, cage the elephant could be in with shouts of headlining? not too sure though tbh. but then in terms of other acts i could see or would like to see there include razorlight, gerry cinnamon (again), dmas, decland mckenna, the wombats, the vaccines, jamie t, lily allen... will be intersting to see though if they stay on at FP or move on elsewhere to somewhere like victoria park where the sets can finish later; unless FR can try and change the restrictions currently in place for them so they could finish at maybe 10.30/10.45? anyways, does anyone know why they do the festival on the sunday not the saturday?

They subbed IoW definitely not too big, probably wouldn't sell well down here either and I hope not. Bombay is possible I think not sure on Kaisers or Cage - cage are a bit niche. Victoria Park is full so not there unfortunately and unless they come to an agreement by moving wireless theres no way it will be later. It was Sunday every year so far is probably why, not really sure although I guess it makes it slightly later after the final pay day. May be easier to get staff than friday/saturday too.

Foals would be a great pick I think - who were you expecting this year and why not Kooks? I didn't think they were that big really with their past placements at other fests I guess.