Community 2019

NerdsNatterings

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Why would you assume that's the main stage? I can't see Kate Nash playing third down the main stage at this, probs a second stage hl.

I think it'll sell much better than is being suggested. The Kooks played an arena tour last year and haven't announced tour dates for this album. I'm not defending them musically at all but if people could get some perspective, that's bigger than Two Door Cinema Club do, or Catfish at the time they headlined. Bastille was the only perhaps feasible headliner bigger than them, but they could quite easily have been argued too big for this. Obviously TDCC/Vaccines/YMAS was a bigger 1-2-3 than Kooks/Blossoms/Kate Nash but there are clearly still bands to be announced that have to get their tours out of the way.

I'm just going off the last 2 years where the first announcement had the whole of the mainstage lineup and then the 2nd announcement had the 2nd stage lineup. Just assuming it's a weaker lineup (tho Kate Nash especially seems like a weird booking for that slot).

Yeah, I don't really have any better ideas (other than Bastille that you mentioned), but that doesn't stop this looking like a lot less value for money than the past 2 years. I still can't believe how well that Kooks tour did last year, so maybe I am completely wrong but still...

Last year all acts above marmozets were at least o2 academy Brixton level. Only the top 2 are this year. Need some more established acts, everything everything 3rd and Frank carter 4th seems feasible, then gerry 5th. Even acts like neck deep and deaf Havana (if they don't play slam dunk) 3rd down would be decent and I can see them booking hunna again they fit this fanbase well despite how average they are.

Edited by R Shah
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Looking at that 'ere prospective clashfinder, is there a 10PM curfew or something for this malarkey?

Last two years have both been 9:45pm finishes, including 2017 which was on a Saturday. Probably something to do with Haringey council being twats (see wireless thread)

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, gfa said:

Another announcement this week, got an email about it. Hoping for an act to slot in above Kate Nash, or maybe she is headlining the second stage

Have it on good authority that Don Broco will be announced for the main stage, not sure whether they'll play third down or if they'll sub the Kooks and "special guests" Blossoms will be getting bumped down one. Nash is headlining the N4 imo.

2 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Anyone heard any other rumours about the   1 day festivals on the Friday and Saturday? 

Also what’s the best to realistically expect from tomorrow’s announcement? Don Broco??

Been told Broco for community and KOL for either Friday or Saturday, not sure which. 

19 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I'm not seeing Broco at Community. They're bigger than all of the announced acts so far, if Kooks are headlining it makes no sense.

Appreciate this is "back of a fag packet" but both the Kooks and Blossoms played R&L 3rd down the last two years, Don Broco played 3rd down on the second stage. Appreciate that both the Kooks and Blossoms are more "commercial" acts than Broco which pushes them up festival bills, but that could be the case here.

Also if you look at the last London venue they all headlined, it's Brixton for Blossoms (5k), Ally Pally for Don Broco (10k) and Wembley for the Kooks (12k). Believe all three sold out. I don't see any argument for Don Broco being bigger than the Kooks.

My source mentioned the Kooks, Don Broco, Blossoms, Kate Nash and Gerry Cinnamon before the first announcement and nailed the Reading headliners so I've got no reason to doubt that Don Broco are getting announced.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Might just be personal opinion then, I can honestly only name one Kooks song and didn't even know they were still going before they got announced last year.

I'll believe it when I see it but I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong.

its more the crowd than anything else, the audience is very indie. I bet they will be 3rd down, last two years a much heavier act has been 3rd down so it would make sense to continue this. Surely with Blossoms’ special guest status they won’t be moving 2 below the kooks, doesn’t really make sense as they are like the kooks’ guest?

There’s festival placings, the crowd, recent arena sizes etc but ultimately people listen to the Kooks way, way more. They’ve had multiple hit songs and UK chart success that Don Brocco simply haven’t. A couple of songs well over 100m on Spotify and several others with tens of millions. Don Brocco have a small fraction of that amount. The Kooks headlining is surely not a reason why Don Brocco can’t be announced lower down (lower than Blossoms too).