Community 2019

NerdsNatterings

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

So we thinking The Kooks headline, Blossoms sub or 3rd and The Amazons maybe 5th/6th?

Yeah I'd imagine so. Maybe a tiny chance of Kooks subbing but can't see it.

I'm thinking something like this

Kooks

Blossoms

Everything Everything

Frank Carter

Amazons

YONAKA

Academic

Sea Girls

9 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Made a clshfinder, this is how I expect placings. Have a feeling we still need a 3rd or 2nd down as Blossoms are "Special Guests" and last year top 3 had fonts, only 2 do this time.

https://clashfinder.com/s/com19/

It would need a very good 2nd/3rd down to make this anywhere near to being worth it. Probably a decent opening act for the main stage too. Even if this clashfinder comes true (have a terrible feeling it'll be Kate Nash third, Amazons 4th etc) then compare it to the last couple of years.

Night Cafe vs Tom Grennan

Amazons vs RAT BOY vs Hunna

Kate Nash vs Circa Waves vs Nothing But Thieves

This year is massively lacking.

Kooks are by far weaker than Catfish and Two Door. Incredibly boring live band. Surely The Wombats and The Vaccines, who subbed the last two years would look like a stronger booking to headliner. Feel Community have booked themselves into a corner really but having such a small pool of headliners and acts to choose from. Blossoms, The Amazons, The Academic are all fun live bands but this pales in comparison to last year.   

55 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

It is £5 cheaper this year and there is an extra act (assuming that this is the mainstage lineup).

Still, I can't see this selling well at all. Kooks especially seems like a weird booking for headliner, definitely weaker than Catfish and Two Door.

Why would you assume that's the main stage? I can't see Kate Nash playing third down the main stage at this, probs a second stage hl.

I think it'll sell much better than is being suggested. The Kooks played an arena tour last year and haven't announced tour dates for this album. I'm not defending them musically at all but if people could get some perspective, that's bigger than Two Door Cinema Club do, or Catfish at the time they headlined. Bastille was the only perhaps feasible headliner bigger than them, but they could quite easily have been argued too big for this. Obviously TDCC/Vaccines/YMAS was a bigger 1-2-3 than Kooks/Blossoms/Kate Nash but there are clearly still bands to be announced that have to get their tours out of the way.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why would you assume that's the main stage? I can't see Kate Nash playing third down the main stage at this, probs a second stage hl.

I think it'll sell much better than is being suggested. The Kooks played an arena tour last year and haven't announced tour dates for this album. I'm not defending them musically at all but if people could get some perspective, that's bigger than Two Door Cinema Club do, or Catfish at the time they headlined. Bastille was the only perhaps feasible headliner bigger than them, but they could quite easily have been argued too big for this. Obviously TDCC/Vaccines/YMAS was a bigger 1-2-3 than Kooks/Blossoms/Kate Nash but there are clearly still bands to be announced that have to get their tours out of the way.

Yeah it'd make sense for Kate Nash to be the second stage head, similar to Tom Grennan last year. I'd reckon it'll be The Hunna third down after their tour sells through.