Community 2019

NerdsNatterings

1 minute ago, Tunes101 said:

would they book catfish again?? if not is bastille the one

I guess it wouldn't be that unlikely, Catfish are huge amongst school leavers/sixth formers which is obviously the target audience for this. But still think 2 years is too short for someone to headline twice. Is there anybody from the first lineup that could play again? The only people I think could realistically do it are The Hunna, probably 3rd/4th down. It would probably be a good step for them to rebuild their brand a bit after everything that happened with High Time.

3 minutes ago, R Shah said:

The kooks self confirmed too. Reckon foals/courteeners headlining or maybe a surprise with royal blood.

Blossoms will sub.

Surely we're looking at Kooks headlining with Blossoms subbing? Kooks were 3rd down at Reading this year, same spot Two Door played the year before they headlined.

Edited by NerdsNatterings

2 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Surely we're looking at Kooks headlining with Blossoms subbing? Kooks were 3rd down at Reading this year, same spot Two Door played the year before they headlined.

Same spot as The Vaccines though. And Blossoms!

But yeah I think you're right. The Kooks were the second biggest band I could think of that could headline this but I thought they might be a bit old. Would be majorly surprised if they announce any bigger artists tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Hoping for Everything Everything atleast or even Jamie T. Would like to have a couple of acts I actually like when I'm inevitably dragged to the fest again.

Kooks-Blossoms as a top 2 probably isn't as strong as the last couple of years so I'd expect quite a few more decent names. Jamie T and Everything Everything would be a very decent start, although it could end up being saved if there are a good few bands opening up the day. 

5 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Kooks-Blossoms as a top 2 probably isn't as strong as the last couple of years so I'd expect quite a few more decent names. Jamie T and Everything Everything would be a very decent start, although it could end up being saved if there are a good few bands opening up the day. 

Yeah last year was quite good for me, I enjoy TDCC, The Vaccines, Marmozets and the odd Sundara Karma song so it was a good day but It's already not looking very promising with that top 2 haha.

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah last year was quite good for me, I enjoy TDCC, The Vaccines, Marmozets and the odd Sundara Karma song so it was a good day but It's already not looking very promising with that top 2 haha.

I've enjoyed Blossoms the two times I've seen them, feel like they'll be all right, but not heard great things about Kooks. Really really hoping that we'll be pleasantly surprised by the final product.

9 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Yeah, Kooks were just dire at Reading but I like blossoms a fair bit. Not sure if people will actually want to come with me unless theres some cool acts further down. With the whole 3rd down heavier theme they've gone for the past two years, do you think this confirms that these are headliner/sub

Just now, gfa said:

Yeah, Kooks were just dire at Reading but I like blossoms a fair bit. Not sure if people will actually want to come with me unless theres some cool acts further down. With the whole 3rd down heavier theme they've gone for the past two years, do you think this confirms that these are headliner/sub

I guess they could break that theme and have someone like Royal Blood headline with these two second and third?

2 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I guess they could break that theme and have someone like Royal Blood headline with these two second and third?

I really don't think Kooks will sell well at all, since like half of the audience will of probably seen how shite they were at Reading - hopefully something more to come

15 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Exactly what I'm hoping for. Blossoms and kooks draws all the usual crowd in and royal blood would be a great stepping stone for them to headline reading and attracts new types of fans

1 minute ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I've enjoyed Blossoms the two times I've seen them, feel like they'll be all right, but not heard great things about Kooks. Really really hoping that we'll be pleasantly surprised by the final product.

Yeah I'll be forced to enjoy Blossoms either way, they're my girlfriend's absolute faves haha. The Kooks were shite at Reading though, not interested in falling asleep at a festival tbh. My wishlist of acts I think are in with a shout of playing are probs:

Jamie T

The Blinders

Everything Everything

Idles

Peace

The Amazons

And if The Kooks aren't headlining, Royal Blood would be good fun although can't see it. Bastille are probably a more realistic shout.

37 minutes ago, gfa said:

I really don't think Kooks will sell well at all, since like half of the audience will of probably seen how shite they were at Reading - hopefully something more to come

They sold out Wembley Arena only last year. And I imagine that audience won't be turning their nose up at seeing Blossoms and more on the same bill.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

They sold out Wembley Arena only last year. And I imagine that audience won't be turning their nose up at seeing Blossoms and more on the same bill.

Really wow, I guess i didn't do my research - still hope they aren't headliners, i'd prefer Blossoms at the top of the bill to them really.