Community 2019

NerdsNatterings

53 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

What do you mean? They'll get booked for events that are way bigger and consequently pay way more. They're even being spoken about as Glasto headliners; they're not gonna headline Community where the headliners so far have been TDCC and Catfish.

Glasto headliners? Oh. I’ve not read anything like that, yet. They just look fitting to be at the festival imo. 

6 hours ago, SCG95 said:

It goes without saying that 1975 have bigger fish to fry next summer with the possibility of Glasto or R&L. 

I do therefore doubt they'll play this, but I wouldn't say they're 'way too big' for it. Finsbury holds 40k odd after all. 

1975 are probably big enough to do their own shoe at Finsbury Park nowadays. Catfish and Two Door wouldn't do a show like that if it wasn't a festival type thing. 

At the moment, I'm wondering between Foals, Bastille and Courteeners to headline this. Not sure if any other names are in the mix 

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Starting to think I imagined Foals headlining Reading.

It does seem like a stretch, but there are people talking about Bastille as a Reading coheadliner so I guess if Bastille could do Community it wouldnt be that much of a stretch for Foals to do it? 

3 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

It does seem like a stretch, but there are people talking about Bastille as a Reading coheadliner so I guess if Bastille could do Community it wouldnt be that much of a stretch for Foals to do it? 

Bastille are about the top end of what you can expect for Community, and they’re not headlining Reading or Leeds any time soon.

• Upvote 1

Foals and Royal Blood are both too big for this but then bands like Wolf Alice aren’t big enough, it’s where to strike the balance. Catfish are talked about as the best indie band at the moment and some think TDCC are a future Reading co-headline, so that’s the sort of size we are looking at.

Courteeners are too small down South, The Wombats are probably the perfect size for this but played only two years ago as the sub, if anything I’d put money on them to headline this in 2020. Sort of brings me back to wolf alice but are they big enough to sell 40,000 tickets at Finsbury?

Edited by danz026

22 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Foals and Royal Blood are both too big for this but then bands like Wolf Alice aren’t big enough, it’s where to strike the balance. Catfish are talked about as the best indie band at the moment and some think TDCC are a future Reading co-headline, so that’s the sort of size we are looking at.

Courteeners are too small down South, The Wombats are probably the perfect size for this but played only two years ago as the sub, if anything I’d put money on them to headline this in 2020. Sort of brings me back to wolf alice but are they big enough to sell 40,000 tickets at Finsbury?

They wouldn't have to. It's a festival - and one which seems to share its strength down the bill rather than being an act plus supports, like the other Finsbury days are designed to be.

I've not really much of a clue as to who a headliner will be, as the only active name that comes to mind is Bastille and they're arguably too big, but they certainly won't be an act who could be expected to sell 49000 on their own. That's the capacity for some stadiums.

2 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

First announcement tomorrow at 3PM. Any final predictions?

Really can't call it. Foals/Bastille seem a bit too big to headline but not sure who else could do it. Courteeners possibly but they never seem to get as good reactions in the south. Honestly think we'll be surprised whatever happens tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Really can't call it. Foals/Bastille seem a bit too big to headline but not sure who else could do it. Courteeners possibly but they never seem to get as good reactions in the south. Honestly think we'll be surprised whatever happens tomorrow.

Foals I really can't see doing it. They've still got chances to headline Glasto and R&L solo headline in the not too distant future. Bastille could definitely do it. Maybe Catfish or something with one of Jamie T/Blossoms/Kooks as a sub.

Personally I say Slipknot.

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Bastille subbed by Blossoms sounds dead on, like someone said on the previous page.

Foals will be headlining Reading outright on their next album if it charts well, I don't see why they'd drop down to do Community.

I expect something similar to:

Bastille//Blossoms//Jamie T//Everything Everything//Declan McKenna//The Magic Gang...

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

Foals I really can't see doing it. They've still got chances to headline Glasto and R&L solo headline in the not too distant future. Bastille could definitely do it. Maybe Catfish or something with one of Jamie T/Blossoms/Kooks as a sub.

Personally I say Slipknot.

Catfish did it in 2017 but it ought to be someone like them

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Can see Foals doing APE instead. Bastille makes too much sense.

Could see it ending up being someone like CHVRCHES.

Not sure CHVRCHES would fit Community. Not sure they're popular enough in the market they'll be aiming for.

I like the look of the Bastille/Blossoms/Jamie T/Everything Everything. Seems about right for what to expect.