Community 2019

NerdsNatterings

Yeah it's a tough one to call; was thinking Foals or Royal Blood, would Alt-J? Are Mumford or Biffy far too big? Two Door didn't sell it out by what seemed like a little way this year so maybe they'll try to step it up. Especially seeing as Mumford won't be headlining R+L, Glasto or Latitude and that they'll be on a new album cycle. Bastille could be in with a shout aswell. Vampire Weekend seem more like for APE or R+L, considering the British focus of the last two.

Could see Jamie T as a potential sub. Trying to think of who would fill out the card without recycling from the past two years or straying too far from the genre, maybe they'd bring Slaves or The Hunna back. The Kooks would be one for third down maybe, very boring live though imo. 

Didnt even think about the Courteeners, especially having just subbed R+L, maybe this is next for them; seems the dullest/most likely choice.

COURTEENERS - Jamie T - The Kooks - The Hunna - Declan McKenna lol

Edited by frontsidecab

I'd quite like to see Foals honestly, but doesn't seem like they are touring. It would be their first UK show for a while though, since Citadel 17 also in London. If they were to do a few festivals which seems pretty unlikely it would probably be like GSS or something. They haven't done a UK tour for a long time though so it would probably sell well.

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yep. To the point where anyone else doesn’t make sense.

Probably like Bastille > Blossoms > Don Broco. Why am I here lol

Pretty sure that Broco said that after this tour they are done till the next album, but agreed Bastille and Blossoms as a top 2 seem like a no brainer

12 hours ago, jj200 said:

Would the 1975 do this 

Almost definitely too big for Community I'd say, although they would be a perfect fit if they upscaled a bit.

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yep. To the point where anyone else doesn’t make sense.

Probably like Bastille > Blossoms > Don Broco. Why am I here lol

Makes a lot of sense. If Don Broco aren't around who else might be a good fit for the 'heavier' band they seem to like to book? Frank Carter maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Blossoms are doing Stockport stadium 22nd June, does that rule them out for Community? Not sure they'd want another outdoor show so close to that show, especially if they weren't headlining.

I don't think they'll have much difficulty selling that out before Community is announced. Practically different worlds, their hometown and that London, so it won't matter a bit.

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Tickets onsale Friday so I reckon lineup Thursday. Announcement brought forward considerably - hopefully this time they'll manage to sell it out.

due to APE announcing a lot earlier do you think? Maybe they're having another indie day

10 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

Isn’t it about money these days and what sells? 

What do you mean? They'll get booked for events that are way bigger and consequently pay way more. They're even being spoken about as Glasto headliners; they're not gonna headline Community where the headliners so far have been TDCC and Catfish.

23 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

What do you mean? They'll get booked for events that are way bigger and consequently pay way more. They're even being spoken about as Glasto headliners; they're not gonna headline Community where the headliners so far have been TDCC and Catfish.

It goes without saying that 1975 have bigger fish to fry next summer with the possibility of Glasto or R&L. 

I do therefore doubt they'll play this, but I wouldn't say they're 'way too big' for it. Finsbury holds 40k odd after all.