What I learnt during the ticket sale.

alibear

48 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Ha ha!  Coincidentally this just popped up on my FB memories from 2016: 

"I've got the day off today and have made a "to-do" list. I have casually added "buy Glastonbury tickets" to it. I am now superstitiously thinking that if I manage to do everything else on the list by 6 o'clock, it will follow that I will get tickets."

Haha it pleases me greatly that you have written evidence of this sort of behaviour :lol:

9 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Sorry, that was within 5 minutes too! I was under no illusions about how fortunate I was, considering the years I've struggled so much more and I really wasn't sure if I wanted coach tickets.

Somehow once there was a page to put in details it seemed fate had told me I did want them. 

It's certainly possible the other tab and machine would have tripped at a later stage, so just tell yourself that ?

Wowser! Well, I guess I can take from this that even if you've never got anywhere before, there's always a first time for the dream T-Day experience :D

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Wowser! Well, I guess I can take from this that even if you've never got anywhere before, there's always a first time for the dream T-Day experience :D

If you like I can tell you about my nightmare year many moons ago, where they used to do the web site and phone orders and I spent 16 hours solid attempting both simultaneously.  That was like some weird sensory overload of misery ;)

Did get there in the end though, courtesy of kind friends who didn't have the same issues.

14 minutes ago, clarkete said:

If you like I can tell you about my nightmare year many moons ago, where they used to do the web site and phone orders and I spent 16 hours solid attempting both simultaneously.  That was like some weird sensory overload of misery ;)

Did get there in the end though, courtesy of kind friends who didn't have the same issues.

Holy crap! Yeh, I guess that's the one good thing about it selling out in 26 minutes.....15.5 hours less of misery!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, BigChief said:

So are people suggesting chrome is the wrong browser to be using? I always thought it was pure luck, maybe I’ve been wrong ?

I don't think any (modern) browser gives you an edge (no pun intended!) over any other, although I have a personal aversion to the MS ones

By far the best approach is to build up the karma through kind deeds and deity-bargaining as detailed above...☺️

Edited by billum
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BigChief said:

So are people suggesting chrome is the wrong browser to be using? I always thought it was pure luck, maybe I’ve been wrong ?

A few years ago a friend got through for us on Internet Explorer, which was not much used anymore at that stage. We wondered if it made a difference. Probably not.

Confirmation please:

Credit cards ARE allowed for UK buyers this year aren't they? 

The reason I ask is i'm on holiday in S Africa and when I use my Halifax debit card it always goes to "security check" But my travelling credit card, Creation Bank, never does

Ta

2 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Confirmation please:

Credit cards ARE alloed for UK buyers this year aren't they? 

The reason I ask is i'm on holiday in S Africa and when I use my Halifax debit card it always goes to "security check" But my travelling credit card, Creation Bank, never does

Ta

From the FAQ's...

HOW CAN I PAY?

UK buyers may use either a UK registered debit card or UK registered credit card. International buyers must use a credit card (with a non-UK billing address).

3 minutes ago, leej7 said:

Seems the holding page after smashing F5 has changed again. A lot less text when I just tried.

yup...now this.....

Glastonbury Festival

Due to the anticipated demand for tickets, once the booking site opens you will be held at this page until there is capacity for you to enter the booking process

This page will automatically check for access to the site every 20 seconds.

54 minutes ago, BigChief said:

It’s all anecdotal. You’ll have just as many people saying Chrome was better than Firefox, safari etc etc. Every year after every sale everything gets chewed over on here in great detail and over analysed to death, yet after all these years we're still no further forward about what browser/device/connection type is actually better, because in reality there is no overall difference.

Can anyone who got through on Thursday confirm whether they were taken via the Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode when making the payment??

Never been used previously but noticed this on the website "Depending on your method of payment, you will be directed to either Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode for payment authorisation. If you often make purchases online you’re probably already signed up, but if you’ve not already subscribed to one of these services you will need to do so before your transaction can be processed. "

31 minutes ago, leej7 said:

Seems the holding page after smashing F5 has changed again. A lot less text when I just tried.

26 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

yup...now this.....

Glastonbury Festival

Due to the anticipated demand for tickets, once the booking site opens you will be held at this page until there is capacity for you to enter the booking process

This page will automatically check for access to the site every 20 seconds.

What? I've just checked (via Opera) and it's still the same as Thursday for me.

This one right?:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

I'm panicing now.

Edit: Oh. After smashing F5. I see what you mean now.

Panic over.

Edited by MrZigster
Wrong

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

What? I've just checked (via Opera) and it's still the same as Thursday for me.

This one right?:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

I'm panicing now.

yup the landing page is the same....but the holding page aka the 'busy' page that you get from F5-ing too quickly is now different....

Well this is interesting then! Seems the 'wilderness' zombie holding page has changed to that reduced-text banner, whereas the 'normal' holding page is still possibly this one:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy

If that's the case, then we *can* tell whether we've been chucked out into the dead-end wilderness (reduced text version) or we're still on the proper holding page with a chance of getting through, at last!!

Too optimistic to be true? Or have the See gods heard our pleas of desperation and shown mercy to the faithful?

3 minutes ago, billum said:

Well this is interesting then! Seems the 'wilderness' zombie holding page has changed to that reduced-text banner, whereas the 'normal' holding page is still possibly this one:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/busy

If that's the case, then we *can* tell whether we've been chucked out into the dead-end wilderness (reduced text version) or we're still on the proper holding page with a chance of getting through, at last!!

Too optimistic to be true? Or have the See gods heard our pleas of desperation and shown mercy to the faithful?

Yes that was discussed extensively Thursday night and it's not true from my experience. Seems they likely changed it for performance issues?