What I learnt during the ticket sale.

alibear

I secured tickets for friends tonight (18.04, defo a record for me!), will be trying for myself on Sunday. Here are a couple of little changes I noticed following the last sale which may help you all know what to expect come T-Day mk2:

1. The 20-second refresh countdown doesn't count down anymore. I counted a couple of seconds before hitting F5.

2. Once you've filled in all the details, there seemed to be a million more boxes to tick (probably about 4-5 in reality), probably because of changes in data laws. You, of course, need to check them all so look carefully. I missed one and bricked it thinking all my hard work was useless! Luckily it didn't matter, but could be the difference.

3. If the loading bar got stuck, highlighting the URL and hitting enter seemed to help. No idea why!

4. Nothing different, but my palms were the usual sweaty mess, even though the tickets weren't mine. Glasto ticket buying is not good for the blood pressure!

One other thing that helps (which has probably been mentioned here countless times already) is to log into your See account as it autofills your address, which will save precious minutes! Anyone else for more techy than me notice anything new?

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, alibear said:

I secured tickets for friends tonight (18.04, defo a record for me!), will be trying for myself on Sunday. Here are a couple of little changes I noticed following the last sale which may help you all know what to expect come T-Day mk2:

1. The 20-second refresh countdown doesn't count down anymore. I counted a couple of seconds before hitting F5.

2. Once you've filled in all the details, there seemed to be a million more boxes to tick (probably about 4-5 in reality), probably because of changes in data laws. You, of course, need to check them all so look carefully. I missed one and bricked it thinking all my hard work was useless! Luckily it didn't matter, but could be the difference.

3. If the loading bar got stuck, highlighting the URL and hitting enter seemed to help. No idea why!

4. Nothing different, but my palms were the usual sweaty mess, even though the tickets weren't mine. Glasto ticket buying is not good for the blood pressure!

One other thing that helps (which has probably been mentioned here countless times already) is to log into your See account as it autofills your address, which will save precious minutes! Anyone else for more techy than me notice anything new?

Where and when do you log in to seetickets? 

1 minute ago, alibear said:

Just the regular seetickets.com - I thought it helped with autofilling your address, but @ceetee said his appeared without signing in, so who knows!

Yes the address of the lead booker (the one in YOUR DETAILS) will be pre-filled on the payment page, you don't have to log into See, this comes from the Glastonbury Festivals registration

If the lead booker's card isn't the one you want to use, you can just change the address when you're on the payment page, and it has to match the correct address for the payment card

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alibear said:

I thought this was introduced a couple of years ago due to an app that was being touted as securing ticckets and looked for slight changes in the page. No countdown as a picture rather than a moving web page

2 minutes ago, jamesrfisher said:

I thought this was introduced a couple of years ago due to an app that was being touted as securing ticckets and looked for slight changes in the page. No countdown as a picture rather than a moving web page

It said something like: "The page will be auto-refreshed every 20 seconds..." rather than "...in xx seconds...".  There was no countdown, nor a picture. I definitely remember it counting down in the last sale because I used to hit F5 at 18/19secs.

16 minutes ago, alibear said:

Hey thanks for this! Just wondering what you mean here - did you refresh once every 2 seconds? or did you count around the 20 seconds yourself you mean and then hit F5?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

We had 4 of us going for it and got nowhere near it. 

Rookie luddite question, but would each of our laptops have a different IP address, or would they be the same if connected via the same wifi?

I'm wondering if on Sunday we are better off with just 1 computer 1 tab?

You would all be on the same IP address

13 minutes ago, Musiclover99 said:

Hey thanks for this! Just wondering what you mean here - did you refresh once every 2 seconds? or did you count around the 20 seconds yourself you mean and then hit F5?

Thanks!

I refreshed every 1-2 seconds, I read on here that you shouldn't refresh more than 60 times/seconds or you'll raise suspicions. Seemed to make sense!

I got through twice for friends but sadly once through it would say that I coudlnt add the right number of coach tickets or something and just had the lead bookers name at the top. Presumably there weren't enough tickets left to accomadate all six?

57 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

I am the very lucky friend whom @alibear got through for. We “met” on this forum a few years ago and have been able to help each other since. I managed to get through last time and will be trying to help on Sunday of course. Thanks to the Efest forum!

And I am the friend of the friend whom @alibear got through for!  I "met" @Watergirl on here and met her for real in the fields in 2017!  I too wouldn't be in the fortunate position of knowing I'm going to Glasto 2019 without this forum!

Thanks again Ali!  I owe you a massive amount of drinks!

Edited by Beerqueen

1 hour ago, alibear said:

Does anyone know whether the lead booker's post code has to match the bank details? I've got a couple of friends who used their home address post code but their bank card is registered to another address.

This shouldn't matter at all :) Payment details are entirely separate from ticket booking details. You could get through and pay with someone else's card and it wouldn't matter.