Hugh Jass

The "I'm Going to Glastonbury 2019" thread

4 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

That was EXACTLY our experience. Myself and other half got to the Add Registrations page multiple times, filled in the deets. It never got past that page for me, despite clicking Back and Proceed again, and again..! Other half got through to the Buy page, but Payment never loaded. However, at 9:24 one other person in our group (who never normally gets a sniff) secured them for us. Order confirmed on See Tickets website.

Last year was easy by comparison.

Congratulations!!!

definirely my worst experience yet. Sooooo many server unavailable messages.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Does anyone else find it very hard to be pleased for those who have tickets when you don't have one yourself?

I can't decide if I'm a proper bastard or it's a normal reaction.

Not been in this position before.

Absolutely normal - I felt very bitter the two years I missed out. There is always the resale though and most here are successful, so don't give up.

Literally couldn't even load the page myself. Insanely grateful that a friend who was going as a group of 2 managed to get through and sorted our group out.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Absolutely normal - I felt very bitter the two years I missed out. There is always the resale though and most here are successful, so don't give up.

I "should" be okay as I'm in a position where I can try for local tickets later this month.

Just finding it difficult to stomach atm.

I know there will be many who aren't in my position though so virtual hugs to you guys. 

Edited by JoeyT

4/4 times I've personally got through now. What's all the fuss about? :P

But srs sorry to you if you missed out. Got all the way to "confirm" for my mate's group twice afterwards and it didn't process, which kinda put a downer on it, but can't complain obv. Always the resale!

We are in!! Was absolutely brutal this year though, we only got through for half our group. The resale is gonna get a hammering this year I think!

51 minutes ago, DJL said:

Please can someone reassure me. Got the confirmation page but stupidly went back on the browser to try for others, went back to the final booking page and then crashed. No email as of yet. Have I done something terrible? Do others have emails?

I have the email, thank (insert deity her) for that. I'm going to Glastonbury 2019! :)

So happy to say I’m going to Glastonbury, can’t stop smiling. 

Sorry for everyone who missed out. 

Charm x

• Like 1

The relief at getting our tickets, managed to secure in 6 minutes. Not gonna lie, i was a little worried this year. The deposit confirmation has just come through, see you all lucky people next year.. we will be in the Spring fields. :)

6/15 of us got tickets. I'm in the lucky group but it's horribly bittersweet. We got ours about 30secs before it sold out. One of our other groups had just input their reg numbers and stuff and it came up sold out. I'm so gutted for my mates.

But yay, I got a ticket?

3 laptops with double browsers and 3 phones. Chrome was pants but Edge came up trumps. Payment went through first time at ten past. 

3 on the trot, see you in June

Got through just after a few minutes, but it timed out during check out.. Got through again around 9.17, this time it worked. Tried refreshing with Chrome, Safari and Firefox. All of them worked fine except Firefox, it just did not load anything at all after like 5th refresh.. until the end. It was really painful afterwards to see people tweeting how they're still not through, I'm sorry. It's going to be my first Glasto. :)

Hardest Tday I’ve ever been involved in, 2019 will be my fifth though, tickets secured by a member of a different group at 9:31, close but I’m f#cking ecstatic!

Edited by The Clearest Blue

18 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Really? “Blowing off steam” by abusing someone else, over fucking festival tickets of all things, isn’t right. 

Oh I agree, it would be better if it didn't happen, but many people have had terrible experiences with the site timing out, crashing on payment and all sorts. They're entitled to be frustrated and to express it. I haven't read anything personal on her feed, but might have missed it.

Didn't even get a sniff myself after being successful for both 2015, 2016. Thought my luck had run out but someone in the group managed to get them for the 6 of us with 4 minutes to spare! Over the moon to be going to Glastonbury for the third year on the spin! 

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Agreed. keyboard warrior twatwaffles hiding behind a screen.

Says the man with a fictional alien as his name and profile pic...

You’re saying you DON’T look like that??

26 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

anyone know about @vintagelaureate? or @Krazypinkminx? or @SophieBee

Yep, sorted! Thanks @crazyfool1.

I will be definitely looking to share a pint with you at the farm. Delighted beyond words.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Oh I agree, it would be better if it didn't happen, but many people have had terrible experiences with the site timing out, crashing on payment and all sorts. They're entitled to be frustrated and to express it. I haven't read anything personal on her feed, but might have missed it.

I think people should understand that it is a matter of the extreme demand.  If they had capacity enough to not have the overloaded queuing system then people would complain that it sold out in 3 minutes.  Whatever solution they try to selling tickets won't change the fact that there are many more people trying to get them than are available, the same number of people will walk away disappointed regardless.

• Upvote 1

Got lucky this morning absolutely buzzing! Massive thanks to @flamehead for suggesting we join forces.

Good karma made the gods smile down on me today!! 

Gutted for those that missed out been in that position last 2 years so know how horrible that feels. 

SEE YOU ON THE FARM!!!!

Does anyone know if Neil got tickets?