The thwarted coach and caravan combination

clarkete

Some kindly soul has agreed to take a caravan on site to keep my weary corpulent body secure from the unfortunate gaze of any other festival goers.

Unfortunately that means even though I'd be happy to get a coach I need to go for general tickets, as that's the only means of purchasing a campervan pass in due course, as their sale is restricted from coach holders. 

In the past I've been fortunate that later a friend later on had a spare, but don't really want to depend on that possibility, particularly as if I'm lucky enough to get tickets my partner in crime definitely won't be happy about staying in a tent.  Yes we are old and spoilt, so deserve everything coming to us.

Its a tough time now, I'm really struggling.  Desperate to go for coach tickets purely for the extra chance even though we don't want to go on the coach.  Love the beer runs to the car too much!  Have made a final decision not to try (I was 50/50, my mate was nah sod the coach).  Will feel (slightly) better come 1820!

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Some kindly soul has agreed to take a caravan on site to keep my weary corpulent body secure from the unfortunate gaze of any other festival goers.

Unfortunately that means even though I'd be happy to get a coach I need to go for general tickets, as that's the only means of purchasing a campervan pass in due course, as their sale is restricted from coach holders. 

In the past I've been fortunate that later a friend later on had a spare, but don't really want to depend on that possibility, particularly as if I'm lucky enough to get tickets my partner in crime definitely won't be happy about staying in a tent.  Yes we are old and spoilt, so deserve everything coming to us.

Are you sure about this restriction? Worthy View I'm sure was in the same sale as campervan tickets last time, and there must be coach users using WV. Would seem daft to disallow that as people can bring less stuff on the coach. They run a shuttle from coach station to WV I believe.

42 minutes ago, rebus said:

Its a tough time now, I'm really struggling.  Desperate to go for coach tickets purely for the extra chance even though we don't want to go on the coach.  Love the beer runs to the car too much!  Have made a final decision not to try (I was 50/50, my mate was nah sod the coach).  Will feel (slightly) better come 1820!

It is a very tricky dilemma, I've been mostly car but have quite enjoyed the coach when I've done it.  Also the tickets are sometimes equally as challenging to get, just nice to have two bites of the cherry as you say..  These butterflies are terrible!

24 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Are you sure about this restriction? Worthy View I'm sure was in the same sale as campervan tickets last time, and there must be coach users using WV. Would seem daft to disallow that as people can bring less stuff on the coach. They run a shuttle from coach station to WV I believe.

I'm not sure about the WV, as I've never done that one and you're right that would seem daft, but I am certain about the coach restriction as they told me yesterday:-

"It's not systematically possible to buy a campervan pass with coach package ticket. We appreciate what you are saying but the coach package is a green package designed to bring less vehicles onto site, so exceptions cannot be made. If you would like to purchase a campervan pass, you'll need to try Sunday's sale only."

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Hey Clarkete, we've had this issue too. It's infuriating and contradictory to the festival's supposed promotion of coach travel as environmentally friendly. I assume you've already thought of this, but is there no-one else who will have a normal ticket who can get a CV pass for your caravan?

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Hey Clarkete, we've had this issue too. It's infuriating and contradictory to the festival's supposed promotion of coach travel as environmentally friendly. I assume you've already thought of this, but is there no-one else who will have a normal ticket who can get a CV pass for your caravan?

I'm honoured to be mentioned in dispatches by you BSR, having worked so valiantly for us all in the past :)

That's what I considered in my last paragraph, but firstly I'm constrained by being hugely unpopular and secondly I was wary of depending on that and then finding out for example that option didn't work out - then suddenly the caravan is no longer viable. 

I did explain in my correspondence to the festival that the people bringing the caravan are already coming to site, hence it's not generating additional miles, but I think the festival is so monumentally popular these days that there is little opportunity for exception.

36 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm not sure about the WV, as I've never done that one and you're right that would seem daft, but I am certain about the coach restriction as they told me yesterday:-

"It's not systematically possible to buy a campervan pass with coach package ticket. We appreciate what you are saying but the coach package is a green package designed to bring less vehicles onto site, so exceptions cannot be made. If you would like to purchase a campervan pass, you'll need to try Sunday's sale only."

Oh, that sucks. Are there any companies/farmers near the site that let you bring your own for a reasonable fee and get it dropped there instead? Being off site not the same I appreciate.

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

I don't get this.  Wouldn't the kindly soul need the caravan ticket, rather than you?

17 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

http://www.ashcombefarmcaravanandcamping.co.uk/caravan-and-camping

After quick search this came up, depends on the definition of walking distance.

I'm sure people on here would help you out. 

And this one is very near gate D, although similar in name I don't think they are connected.  https://ashcombepark.com

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Oh no! Where did you see that you can't buy CV ticket if you're getting coach package? 

58 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't get this.  Wouldn't the kindly soul need the caravan ticket, rather than you?

That is true, so you need to get one and then give it (or a temporary copy) to them to get the caravan on site.  Only with a coach ticket you can't buy one.

1 hour ago, slash's hat said:

http://www.ashcombefarmcaravanandcamping.co.uk/caravan-and-camping

After quick search this came up, depends on the definition of walking distance.

I'm sure people on here would help you out. 

Cheers hat, you're very kind.

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

And this one is very near gate D, although similar in name I don't think they are connected.  https://ashcombepark.com

Likewise, ta very much.

30 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just thought - are they crew?  That would make sense. 

I wish.  I'm afraid I'm just a tawdry capitalist trying to not reveal that aspect ;)  

I did spend a lot of years in a smelly tent, although I'm the one who made it smell.

1 hour ago, Charm said:

Glad to hear you got lucky, if I get tickets on Sunday will be happy for you to use my registration to get a camper pass.

Charm x

As always, you live up to your name and your charm remains undiminished :)
You are very kind indeed!
Do you want someone else to try for you?  That would seem the least I can do.

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

As always, you live up to your name and your charm remains undiminished :)
You are very kind indeed!
Do you want someone else to try for you?  That would seem the least I can do.

You’re welcome hun, always happy to help a fellow efester out.

Would love some extra help for Sunday, thank you so much, I’ll send you my details. 

Charm x

23 minutes ago, Charm said:

You’re welcome hun, always happy to help a fellow efester out.

Would love some extra help for Sunday, thank you so much, I’ll send you my details. 

Charm x

Great stuff :) 

Obviously don't give me any payment stuff, we can sort that out later if I'm successful.

Edited by clarkete