If a stranger is in my group can they buy their ticket in April without sending me deposit $$ ?

shapebuster

The lead person receives a confirmation email with a See booking reference number. From memory, this can be used by anyone in the group to compete the balance payment, as I have done in the past. However to do this knowledge of the booking reference number is needed.

It was previously possible to obtain the booking reference number from the See website using email address & postcode. I don't know whether this still holds and hope these days that their security has advanced somewhat.

I am unsure whether it is possible to uncouple the individual bookings within a group booking. Perhaps others can advise.

Having been stung in the past by people not paying the deposit I no longer get tickets for total or relative strangers.

You can pay for individual tickets within an initial group booking so, in principle if they can find out the booking number from any source they can then pay for their ticket without paying you.

Although what I would say is deposits are now and remaining balance payment isn't until April, I would expect they would pay you between now and then and if they didn't, you could cancel the ticket prior to the remaining balance window opening and at least get some back.

Everyone in the group receives an e-mail saying a ticket has been purchased using their reg number. I can't remember exactly but I think the same thing happens in April as everyone is responsible for paying their own balance (unless you pay it all off in a group). I don't think you need the original deposit booking ref to do this so in short yes they can pay the balance in April if they haven't given you the deposit money by then.

I often forget with all the the love and spirit at Glastonbury there are still actual scumbags out there who wouldn't pay you. After getting them a ticket as well.

Year before last some friends couldn't make it. I was the one as the lead booker who had to cancel the ticket to get a refund back for them.

My fear is what if they cancel my ticket before the payment window for whatever reason (there's some shitty people about). I'd like to think they wouldn't but it's always a risk.

On 10/5/2018 at 11:36 PM, D-Low said:

I often forget with all the the love and spirit at Glastonbury there are still actual scumbags out there who wouldn't pay you. After getting them a ticket as well.

Year before last some friends couldn't make it. I was the one as the lead booker who had to cancel the ticket to get a refund back for them.

My fear is what if they cancel my ticket before the payment window for whatever reason (there's some shitty people about). I'd like to think they wouldn't but it's always a risk.

Someone in here had an ex buy and then cancel their ticket. There was some evidence, like nasty texts, but they got reinstated by See after some calls. The person who cancelled the ticket, then got themselves cancelled. So, it could be resolved in the worst case.

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

The tickets are posted out to the lead booker so you will still have the chance to demand your £50 before giving them the ticket.

Each of the ticket holders will get an email about the April payment, so they can pay direct and get delivery of the ticket to them. It's better to get the deposit back before November, otherwise it's just rude to not pay.

I think you can call see and cancel the deposit yourself.   Maybe suggest that if they don't pay by a certain date before they can pay off the balance, then you cancel

I had a friend who was giving it the big potatoes on the group chat before a resale to suggest anyone who could get her a ticket she'd paid straight up.... it was only after I has been successful that she messaged me direct asking to pay a pound a week....

I told her that wasn't the deal and she has until the May deadline to pay up otherwise I was cancelling it.

If I buy for strangers...I call them for bank details 

• Like 1