Potential Electronic Acts 2019

shapebuster

30 minutes ago, nikkic said:

One of my favourite Glasto memories is watching Andy C in 2007 at the now defunct G Stage. 

Anyone else remember that one? 

yeah, that was class. the one the other year on Arcadia when about 20,000 people turned up was pretty good too

Whenever I see this thread title I think "Electronic Arts" and then "EA Sports. It's in the game"... Anyways, fingers crossed for:

DJ Koze
Rival Consoles
Aphex
Oneohtrix Point Never
The Field
Kiasmos
Helena Hauff
Nils Frahm (if he counts)
Confidence Man (if they count)
Jagwar Ma
Daniel Avery
Kelly Lee Owens
Holy Fuck
Floating Points

DJ Harvey at the Downlow would be a dream!
One of the big hitters from Detroit.
Helena Hauff 
GERD JANSON 
Optimo
Young Marco again would be cool.

I agree with the above though would be great to see less Tech House. Also don't think we need as much Drum and Bass/Jump Up as is ALWAYS on offer at Glastonbury either. There are a few I would expect to see there as they're there every year like.

• Like 1

Would love to see (but doubt most of them will be there):

Madeon

Roosevelt

Tom Misch

Madeon

OVERWERK

Oliver

Jon Hopkins

Bicep

Disclosure

Mat Zo

RUFUS

Zhu

A-Trak

Pendulum (tho they probs won't turn up)

Andy C

Netsky

Dimension

Virtual Self

Illenium

Mura Masa

Flume (probably won't have new stuff out)

RL Grime

Ekali

DROELOE

Party Pupils

Lido

Eden

Stephen

Tycho

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Someone going to define electronic act? 

When the phrase is used I think of New Order, Depeche Mode, Human League. 

Mate, whatever phrase is used (or not used, even), you think of New Order, Depeche Mode, Human League

• Upvote 5

23 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Excellent shout. He’s superb?.

Yeah, one of the biggest clashes for me was at Bluedot a few year back. Floating Points v Jean Michel Jarre

Fortunately the tent Floating Points was in was only a minutes walk the main stage, so I flicked between the two for a while. Got to see Kuiper which I really wanted to watch live amongst others and managed to watch most of JMJ as well. A great night

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Bastard, you made me spit my brew out ??????

He's got you. To give a serious answer, you've mentioned Electro acts. Electronic acts tend to be instrumental. It's all about song structure. The likes of New Order make records with a traditional song structure, but with an electronic pallette.

Edit: something Hooky was oddly proud of.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

8 hours ago, Honeybane said:

richard d motherfuckin james

fucking right!

Mr. C
Aphex Twin
Jagz Kooner
Adam Beyer
Guy Called Gerald
Mixmaster Morris
Nina Kraviz
Surgeon
Sasha and Digweed - they were spectacular at Glade last year
Bill Brewster
Steve Davis
Danny Howells

Aphex Twin - Need  I say more? (I will though, the Collapse EP is a fantastic return to form)

Daft Punk  - I can dream, can't I?

Boards of Canada - see above

John Hopkins - Every time I see him, its a treat. Singularity is one of the best electronic albums of the decade

Bonobo

Modeselektor 

Moderat

joe goddard

The Orb 

Clark

DnB

Any of these would be great.  

Maztek, Audio, Noisia, Phace, Misanthrop, Black Sun Empire

4 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Am I the only person who thinks Immunity was significantly better?

I love them both but Singularity edges it for me at the moment as it feels a more cohesive album.

Then again, I haven't given Immunity a proper listen since Singularity came out.  I need to rectify this.

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

He's got you. To give a serious answer, you've mentioned Electro acts. Electronic acts tend to be instrumental. It's all about song structure. The likes of New Order make records with a traditional song structure, but with an electronic pallette.

Edit: something Hooky was oddly proud of.

I am not quite sure I agree with that as I don't understand what song structure has to do with anything.

Surely electronic refers to how the music is made. All 3 of the bands I mentioned use analog synths. They make/made music purely from electronics. Would the Prodigy be considered an electronic band or electro?

They might all make rock/pop/goth music but they are electronic bands.

A lot of the djs and acts people are mentioning use no where near as much analog equipment  as the acts I mentioned.

It is a difficult thing to define but I would not call the 3 bands I mentioned electro, as they were all using electronic equipment before electro emerged. Stuff like Hashim and all the Arthur Baker stuff is what I would call electro (Although Arthur Baker did work with New Order and had a massive influence on them).

It is like trying to define Techno. What people call Techno now, sounds nothing like the stuff that was coming out of Detroit originally. It sounds more like Belgium rave type to me.

24 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

The trio of We Disappear / Open Eye Signal / Breathe this air is a thing of beauty though.  Thankfully I don't share my office with anyone otherwise they would have seen a lot of raving in the last 20 minutes.

Even the mere thought of his set incorporating the best of Immunity and Singularity makes me do a little sex wee

17 hours ago, eastynh said:

Someone going to define electronic act? 

When the phrase is used I think of New Order, Depeche Mode, Human League. 

Suppose you’d say they were Electronic bands same as Kraftwerk. I guess this thread is more producers and DJ’s of House, Techno, Electro or whatever genre. You can like both I love New Order and Kraftwerk as much as I love Techno.

30 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Suppose you’d say they were Electronic bands same as Kraftwerk. I guess this thread is more producers and DJ’s of House, Techno, Electro or whatever genre. You can like both I love New Order and Kraftwerk as much as I love Techno.

I love house and breaks but growing up that was called dance music really, rather than electronic.

I suppose it is like old skool. The moniker means different things to different people. No one is right and no one is wrong.

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

There was something about Immunity that didn't quite click with me, unlike most of his previous work. Despite Singularity not being a massive departure, I immediately got on with it much much better. I think it's fantastic, but Immunity doesn't move me.

But we can all agree that the remix of Open Eye signal by George Fitzgerald was bloody amazing, right?

Now I'm useless with genres, particularly with electronic stuff but I listen to a lot of Glitch Hop/Ghetto Funk whatever you want to call it. I don't see any love for it around these parts but I'd dying for anything along the lines of Griz, Opiuo, Gramatik, Big Gigantic, Pretty Lights, DeFunk. The shows they've all been doing with full bands/orchestras over In the states looks unreal. Just give me something bouncy with a sax and I'm good to go.