Trolley Recommendations

Mattymooz

Depends on whether or not you want a 2 wheel or 4 wheel.

I have this one, - 2 wheeled fishing trolley -  needs those big tyres over the rough farmland! Can carry 4 man tent, chair (for campsite only before you all start! :-)) and a big sports bag of assorted crap! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Michigan-Folding-Compact-Fishing-Equipment/dp/B00B9F0H3A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538519848&sr=8-1&keywords=Michigan+Heavy+Duty+Folding+Compact+Fishing+Trolley 

Our group also use one of these 4 wheeled garden trolleys. it does carry a lot, but can be a bit unsteady over the ruts when loaded with cider, tents, chairs etc gets a bit wobbly so you really need an extra pair of hands to steady it. After a couple of years of use it also had to have strengthening bars added to the frame where the wheels atttach as they had bent out of shape! https://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Garden-Trolley-Cart-All-Terrain/dp/B00HW54L10/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1538520233&sr=8-3&keywords=garden+trolley

Please don't get one of those "festival" trolleys with the small plastic wheels. The zigzags are littered with their skeletons! Also use bungies, lots of bungies!

• Like 2

I have used both types in midlifecrisis's post and the 4 wheeled one we had wasn't the best as it had a dodgy axle.

The 2 wheeled one I have used a number of times and is pretty good though had a flat at Glastonbury 2016 which wasn't the best.

When our children were younger we used a bike trailer like the one below to transport them around and since then I have used it for transporting stuff from the car and found it very handy.

image.jpg.9a9509dadc8e74ea9266ae1f72820949.jpg

Since 2007 I've used a large pneumatic 2 wheel sack truck purchased from B&Q. (Other retailers are available lol). You can still get them there for £26

https://diy.com/departments/general-purpose-hand-trolley-max-weight-150kg/1357676_BQ.prd

It is half the price of a 4 wheeled truck. Depends on your budget....and also the space available in your car/transport for a truck. The 4 wheel cart general takes more boot room...depends how good you are at packing!

My 2 wheel truck does the job, as most sturdy large pneumatic wheeled types do. As previous respondents advise, do not be tempted by small solid wheeled trucks/carts. Every Glasto is littered with the casualties before the entrance gate has been reached! 

Both the 2 and 4 wheeled trucks have individual issues. The latter being slightly easier to use as you just have to pull as opposed to having to balance the weight of the 2 wheeled type. The real test for trucks come  once inside the fence, not the half mile plus (& plus) relatively flat walk to the entrance. Inside the fence the terrain becomes both rocky and hilly....and you may have to walk another half mile or so. A real sack truck test. The 2 wheel truck can become heavy whilst 4 wheel types can be a heavy pull (& push) have a tendency to overturn. Punctures can occur but are fortunately rare.

At the end of the day it is comes down to personal choice and budget. These days I go for comfort so my truck is heavily loaded. 

Edited by Lycra

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I got one of the Efests camping shop but the link seems to have gone. It was a 4 wheel folding jobbie at around £50.00 and has so far lasted 3 years of 6 or more festivals a year.

Maybe @eFestivals can point you in the right direction?

the shop was with funky leisure, but came to an end as they wanted to concentrate on VW stuff rather than camping.

They still have some trolleys listed although I'm not sure if they're the same ones as they used to stock. 

https://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/index.asp?function=SEARCH&currentPage=1&search=trolley

18 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Looking to invest in a camping trolley for the new festival season. Any suggestions?

I see in the last thread about this everyone was recommending the one on the efests shop, but that appears to have stopped working now...

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the shop was with funky leisure, but came to an end as they wanted to concentrate on VW stuff rather than camping.

They still have some trolleys listed although I'm not sure if they're the same ones as they used to stock. 

https://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/index.asp?function=SEARCH&currentPage=1&search=trolley

Thanks Neil

This is the bad boy we have - or similar at least.
https://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/kampa-trucker-folding-festival-trolley-6618-p.asp

Edited by Nobody Interesting

tried them all, 4 wheels are great when weather is ok but prone to burst on jagged surfaces - then you are stuffed, also note the weight restrictions on these things which eveyone ignores. x3 Wheeled Fishing trolleys I found the most versatile for all weather. Also useful to ferry wrecked idiot friends if required 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ya_concha said:

tried them all, 4 wheels are great when weather is ok but prone to burst on jagged surfaces - then you are stuffed, also note the weight restrictions on these things which eveyone ignores. x3 Wheeled Fishing trolleys I found the most versatile for all weather. Also useful to ferry wrecked idiot friends if required 

True pneumatic tyres have been known to pop. I had one go in 2008 cos the wheel hub cracked. These days I leave a spare wheel in the car.

Whatever you get, made sure it's rugged.....surely suitcases are and no....unless it's muddy when they made a half decent plough ?