lacoste

british summer time 2019

Knocked up a Spotify playlist for the Dylan & Young day, the 20-odd tracks each of Bob and Neil have been playing most often this year (in chronological order), and a few from Marling, Boy Azooga and Cat Power too: 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Glenn Coco said:

Question.. is Wimbledon normally televised somewhere in the park

You may have found the only way to make this festival more middle class

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Hi guys!

Just checking that for the days where it applies (Ie not the ones where they've sold the Gold circle separately), the GA access to inside the first barrier is working the same as previous years?

Ie, get there early for a wristband, which then lets you come and go out of the area throughout the day?

TIA.

28 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Hi guys!

Just checking that for the days where it applies (Ie not the ones where they've sold the Gold circle separately), the GA access to inside the first barrier is working the same as previous years?

Ie, get there early for a wristband, which then lets you come and go out of the area throughout the day?

TIA.

Only one day (Florence) this year where it does apply pal, looking at the map though it seems the same as previous years. 

Got really lucky yesterday and was sold a pair of tickets for this for £50, one happy bunny right now!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Only one day (Florence) this year where it does apply pal, looking at the map though it seems the same as previous years. 

Got really lucky yesterday and was sold a pair of tickets for this for £50, one happy bunny right now!

Great, thanks. yeah, it's the Florence (National) day I'm asking about.

Have a great day!

Edited by Hawros

What's the situation at BST these days with bringing food and drinks in? Is it the standard remove bottle lids stuff or can you take a things in with you? 

Also, how heavy are searches upon entry? I haven't been to BST since the fabled years of the cheap Blur and Kendrick tickets. 

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

What's the situation at BST these days with bringing food and drinks in? Is it the standard remove bottle lids stuff or can you take a things in with you? 

Also, how heavy are searches upon entry? I haven't been to BST since the fabled years of the cheap Blur and Kendrick tickets. 

Pretty strict - no food or drink, sealed water only...

No food or drink is permitted to be brought into Hyde Park (with the exception of water in unopened plastic containers, empty water bottles to refill, and baby food where not in glass containers).

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

No food or drinks apart from unopened water bottles. They were searching everyone on the way in, bags and punters having to go through airport style scanners.

Hi everyone. I have a spare for Bob Dylan and Neil Young tomorrow. Selling at face value. It is a priority entry ticket and is £96 which includes the fees. Can meet this evening or tomorrow before the gig. Thanks

Hey guys don't mean to be undercutting DWDLondon (sorry) but I also have a spare going for this tomorrow at face value, £80. Give me a shout if anyone's interested? 

1 hour ago, jakobgallagher said:

Hey guys don't mean to be undercutting DWDLondon (sorry) but I also have a spare going for this tomorrow at face value, £80. Give me a shout if anyone's interested? 

Ticket gone, cheers

10 hours ago, DWDLondon said:

Hi everyone. I have a spare for Bob Dylan and Neil Young tomorrow. Selling at face value. It is a priority entry ticket and is £96 which includes the fees. Can meet this evening or tomorrow before the gig. Thanks

Messaged you

On 08 July 2019 at 8:06 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Not sure I’ve ever been at a Hyde Park gig where the sound has been above “adequate”.

Blur 2012 was the worst, couldn’t hear a thing.

On 08 July 2019 at 8:17 AM, shoebox said:

It was really good for Roger Waters last year, had a proper surround-sound effect going on and it wasn't noticeably bad for Neil Young.

Maybe we were further back than normal this time and that had an effect (but like I say, there seems to be a lot of discontent across social media). But it was near enough impossible to get closer anyway due to my other complaint....all the absolute w*nkers with picnic blankets. And the mess as we were leaving was disgusting too, so few bins around.

@shoeboxbeat me too it but Waters/Floyd are renowned for their sound system set ups arent they.

Even the interval was great at RW last year. Sounds of dogs, sheep and pigs just running about in the field. And aeroplanes (may have been real world sound). Proper "Wtf was that?", type of noises. Made me jump and giggle. Why can't every band do that? It wasn't just great it was brilliant.

Blur in '09 were OK sound wise. I wonder what happened?

Anyway. Just popped in to say see you tomorrow to anyone going.

And screw people with picnic blankets. The w*nkets (sic). Thought they were barred items? If not they should be. Worse than chairs right? Certainly more land grabby.

Edited by MrZigster
Picnic blankets

On 10 July 2019 at 1:50 PM, itspoppy said:

Any tips for attending this festival solo? Never been to a festival on my own before ! Cheers

As it's Hyde Park?: Pay attention to the T&C's. If it says "Don't bring this", then don't bring it. Don't bring anything you're not prepared to lose. Or have confiscated at the gates because you didn't take the above advice. Bring sunblock! It can get really hot there and shade is hard to come by. I know this contradicts the "Only sealed bottles of water or empty", rule, but it's an outdoor event and hopefully security aren't going to be total dicks. No bags over such a size? My strategy is pockets. Jacket. Tied around waist if it's too hot. Can hold sunblock, water bottle, tickets, wallet, phone, you name it. It may get searched but it's not a bag. The trick is a decent carrier bag in one of the pockets. Shorts under trousers (which both have pockets ideally). Once in, everything has a decent carrier bag to go in. If security aren't reasonable I guess I'll just end up heavy, hot, sweaty and sunburned.

Edit: @shoeboxhas a relevant point about bins and litter. Londoners fear bags and bins more than litter these days I fear.

Edited by MrZigster
  • Upvote 1

On 7/8/2019 at 8:06 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Not sure I’ve ever been at a Hyde Park gig where the sound has been above “adequate”.

Blur 2012 was the worst, couldn’t hear a thing.

At the infamous 2012 Springsteen gig, when they pulled the plug on Bruce & Paul, the sound seemed to be getting turned lower and lower as time went on.  To the point where my mate did not even realise that they had cut the power!

Edited by Damsonz

On 7/10/2019 at 1:50 PM, itspoppy said:

Any tips for attending this festival solo? Never been to a festival on my own before ! Cheers

I've been to a couple of HP gigs on my own, and actually enjoyed them more for it.  It's quite liberating.  You can please yourself and wander around as the fancy takes you.  People are generally friendly and it's easy to fall into conversation if you're feeling sociable.  If you find yourself near loudmouthed twats or drunks, you can just move away.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MrZigster said:

As it's Hyde Park?: Pay attention to the T&C's. If it says "Don't bring this", then don't bring it. Don't bring anything you're not prepared to lose. Or have confiscated at the gates because you didn't take the above advice. Bring sunblock! It can get really hot there and shade is hard to come by. I know this contradicts the "Only sealed bottles of water or empty", rule, but it's an outdoor event and hopefully security aren't going to be total dicks. No bags over such a size? My strategy is pockets. Jacket. Tied around waist if it's too hot. Can hold sunblock, water bottle, tickets, wallet, phone, you name it. It may get searched but it's not a bag. The trick is a decent carrier bag in one of the pockets. Shorts under trousers (which both have pockets ideally). Once in, everything has a decent carrier bag to go in. If security aren't reasonable I guess I'll just end up heavy, hot, sweaty and sunburned.

Edit: @shoeboxhas a relevant point about bins and litter. Londoners fear bags and bins more than litter these days I fear.

Cheers for this, all noted! Very important tip off for the lack of shade, a hat and sunblock will be essential! I hope water isn’t ridiculously over priced. Do they even have water points ?

2 minutes ago, itspoppy said:

Cheers for this, all noted! Very important tip off for the lack of shade, a hat and sunblock will be essential! I hope water isn’t ridiculously over priced. Do they even have water points ?

They do have water points, so you can fill up any bottle you take in with you.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Damsonz said:

I've been to a couple of HP gigs on my own, and actually enjoyed them more for it.  It's quite liberating.  You can please yourself and wander around as the fancy takes you.  People are generally friendly and it's easy to fall into conversation if you're feeling sociable.  If you find yourself near loudmouthed twats or drunks, you can just move away.  

Why people feel the need to get so intoxicated is beyond me! Did Primavera entirely sober but I guess that just demonstrates the quality of the event... 

2 hours ago, itspoppy said:

Why people feel the need to get so intoxicated is beyond me! Did Primavera entirely sober but I guess that just demonstrates the quality of the event... 

Very often I have to do some driving at the end of the day, so I'm used to not having a drink.  Anyway I don't see the point of paying £££ to see a band and then being too pissed to appreciate or remember it.

Good shout about the hat, I've got a nice straw cloche-type hat that I bought long ago at a festival, and it's served me very well since at sunny outdoor events.

On the bag/pocket front, if you can get hold of a fisherman's vest they are good to wear if you don't want to bother with a bag.  They have LOADS of pockets.  Nightmare for the people who have to do the searching 😄 but you'll have room for anything you might need!

Security did ask to empty pockets and go through airport style metal detectors but no pat downs. I didn't bother taking anything in

As for Stevie wonder day I thought he was great, also loved Lionels set (probably more than Stevie but I've got a soft spot for Lionel since his glasto performance). Didn't think the sound was bad at all, I was stood to the right of the stage reasonably close to the front (without gold circle). There was an annoying amount of picnic mats though with people lying on the floor making it annoying to get around. Also the bar took a little while to get served but I've experienced far worse

All in all a really great day, hope Stevie gets well soon 

On the topic of restricted items, it says 'professional cameras' aren't allowed. What are the odds of security saying no if I bring a compact-sized old SLR? Something that's clearly a lot smaller than modern pro equipment.