lacoste

british summer time 2019

Please would anyone share/post set times for Stevie Wonder etc?

Unable to download the BST app and cant find anything online elsewhere so far...

All help gratefully received ;0]

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, xxialac said:

Dylan after Young. WTF???

Suits me, can give Dylan an obligatory 10-15 mins or so, realise it is not worth it, and then be back at home by 10pm for a couple of pints at my local before closing. 

2 hours ago, Raspberry said:

Please would anyone share/post set times for Stevie Wonder etc?

Unable to download the BST app and cant find anything online elsewhere so far...

All help gratefully received ;0]

Here you are:

Steview.jpg

Steview2.jpg

32 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Here you are:

Aww? You absolute legend! Thank you sooo much!

Phew! We were hoping it would be similar to last time Stevie played in 2016 so 7.30pmish.

Corinne BR is on early than expected so really grateful for your update.

Many thanks for your kindness! We will deffo arrive earlier so we don't miss her set now ;0]

1 hour ago, Glenn Coco said:

Guess there’s no chance for free tickets right? (National day)

APE has definitely spoiled me 

Looking pretty unlikely I'm afraid. Last time the internet delivered Hyde Park BST cheapy/freeish was Massive Attack in 2016 via a Show Film "competition" with lots of "winners".

For National Day still reckon its worth keeping an eye on Twitter for a last minute bargain though. Still a week to go innit! ;0]

18 hours ago, Glenn Coco said:

Theres a competition here to ‘Win tickets to Florence + The Machine live at BST Hyde Park’. Five pairs, closes Monday.

• Upvote 3

On 7/5/2019 at 4:07 PM, Raspberry said:

Aww? You absolute legend! Thank you sooo much!

Phew! We were hoping it would be similar to last time Stevie played in 2016 so 7.30pmish.

Corinne BR is on early than expected so really grateful for your update.

Many thanks for your kindness! We will deffo arrive earlier so we don't miss her set now ;0]

No worries at all. If in return you - or indeed anyone else -  could post a pic of, or info about, the bar menu/prices, that’d be great.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

Don’t suppose anyone has a spare ticket for Stevie today? Friends decided last minute he is in fact an idiot for not buying them with us when they got released. Can meet at venue. 

Heading to Robbie Williams next week on a bit of a whim- will twickets it. Any ideas if there are more acts? It mentions more to be announced but I cant find anything 

All booked up for next sunday! £75 for Feeder, Texas, Keane, RW and a BEP punt is pretty good. Have the sound issues been sorted? I last went to BST or equivalent for Springsteen in 2012 - assuming its lasted so long because of improvements since then? 

The sound was shit for Stevie yesterday. Really disappointing gig. The announcement at the end that he's pretty ill explained the unusual set choices, but that doesn't explain the fact that we could barely hear him.

Will there be any cheap tickets for Robbie? 🙇🏼‍♂️ Asking for a friend (legit). I’ve told her probably best bet is Twickets.. but, just in case I miss anything...

29 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

Will there be any cheap tickets for Robbie? 🙇🏼‍♂️ Asking for a friend (legit). I’ve told her probably best bet is Twickets.. but, just in case I miss anything...

Its "sold out" of GA but golden circle VIP on sale still so while I'm sceptical they've actually sold out I imagine Twickets is the only way and that there'll be no cheap tickets. 

I've had at least 5 alerts per day for the last couple of weeks til I pulled the trigger today, so I imagine they'll only get more frequent as the gig gets closer. I'd just advise to get them when possible 

1 hour ago, shoebox said:

The sound was shit for Stevie yesterday. Really disappointing gig. The announcement at the end that he's pretty ill explained the unusual set choices, but that doesn't explain the fact that we could barely hear him.

Where were you stood?

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Where were you stood?

A fair way back by Delay 9 but looking at Facebook comments it seems the problems were widespread.

Not sure I’ve ever been at a Hyde Park gig where the sound has been above “adequate”.

Blur 2012 was the worst, couldn’t hear a thing.

Edited by Hugh Jass

It was really good for Roger Waters last year, had a proper surround-sound effect going on and it wasn't noticeably bad for Neil Young.

Maybe we were further back than normal this time and that had an effect (but like I say, there seems to be a lot of discontent across social media). But it was near enough impossible to get closer anyway due to my other complaint....all the absolute w*nkers with picnic blankets. And the mess as we were leaving was disgusting too, so few bins around. 

Disappointing to hear as I thought they had resolved the sound issues - no complaints from me the last two times I went to Hyde Park (2018 and 2016).

Hopefully no issues on Saturday! 

Edited by TomViolence

Neil Young being on before Bob Dylan is because Dylan is obsessed with no one taking his photo and so he'll wait until it gets darker....If you've seen him in an Arena it's near total darkness and poorly lit on purpose...

I'm imagine 15 mins into the set, that the BST crowd, if they don't know what they'll get from Bob, will flee Hyde Park in big numbers...

I'm seeing them both in Kilkenny on Sunday instead

On 7/5/2019 at 2:53 PM, Glenn Coco said:

APE has definitely spoiled me 

this is what im here for too. 😂

I don't know what happened but three free VIP tickets for the National day went up on twickets earlier...don't know if it was mistake or something but they weren't on there for very long. 

On 7/8/2019 at 8:06 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Not sure I’ve ever been at a Hyde Park gig where the sound has been above “adequate”.

Blur 2012 was the worst, couldn’t hear a thing.

I think the sound has improved over the years but agree its not perfect - there will always be issues with sound in such public open air venues, Finsbury Park suffers the same problem. 

On balance though I like BST -  decent headliners and under cards, its fairly easy to get to/ from, bar queues have never been too bad and never really had any issues with unfriendly crowds.

Yeah its a bit corporate and the tiered ticket pricing is annoying but I'll take it over something at the O2 or Olympic Stadium any day.