lacoste

british summer time 2019

How is Hyde Park not good for transport links? :lol:

It's literally central London and surrounded by multiple underground and mainline stations.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

How is Hyde Park not good for transport links? :lol:

It's literally central London and surrounded by multiple underground and mainline stations.

My bad, it's got crap transport links for the crowd it's meant to be handing. London has lots of links sure but that's not the same things as Waterloo, St Pancreas etc being in Hyde Park, and Hyde Park Corner station isn't suitable for those numbers. I've always found Wembley and Clapham much better for those number of people.

Luckily I live a bus ride away so I sit just on the bus and laugh at the crowd trying to get the tube.

You only need to see the s**tshow of something like Finsbury Park last year to appreciate Hyde Park as a concert venue. It tends to be lucky with the weather - and I've seen some fantastic shows there over the years:

Roger Waters

The Killers / Tears For Fears / Elbow

Strokes / Beck / Future Islands

Rolling Stones

Stevie Wonder

Carole King doing Tapesty 

etc etc

but I think you have to be willing to spend the money to get close - I would hate the experience if I was in GA - you are better off just sitting outside the fence...

I have no doubt Streisand will be fantastic and I cannot wait...

It's also fairly easy to get out of - there are loads of tubes around - I usually walk to Bond St and hop on Jubilee Line to london bridge

On 3/8/2019 at 2:24 PM, RaphPH said:

You only need to see the s**tshow of something like Finsbury Park last year to appreciate Hyde Park as a concert venue. It tends to be lucky with the weather - and I've seen some fantastic shows there over the years:

but I think you have to be willing to spend the money to get close - I would hate the experience if I was in GA - you are better off just sitting outside the fence...

I have no doubt Streisand will be fantastic and I cannot wait...

It's also fairly easy to get out of - there are loads of tubes around - I usually walk to Bond St and hop on Jubilee Line to london bridge

Worth mentioning that the different days have different gold-circle arrangements.

Eg- Bob and Neil, it's ££ Gold/Diamond circle.

Next day, Flo & Nat, it's ££ Diamond, but first-come entrance GA for Gold circle.

2 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

who do we think will support dylan and young?

I want someone touring Europe at the time like Eddie Vedder or Wilco, but given the "main support" is effectively already covered and the event has almost sold out, I'm not getting my hopes up. I've seen Laura Marling support Neil Young more times than I care to remember. 

9 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

I want someone touring Europe at the time like Eddie Vedder or Wilco, but given the "main support" is effectively already covered and the event has almost sold out, I'm not getting my hopes up. I've seen Laura Marling support Neil Young more times than I care to remember. 

yeha i guess eddie vedder is around the week before 

i was having a brainstorm, and jake bugg, patti smith and someone like jade bird might work well for bst 

i assume whether it sells out or not, they’ll still have a full day of acts?

BST-FATM-Supports-1050x500.jpg

More acts have been revealed for the British Summer Time show at Hyde Park, London on Saturday 13th July 2019, featuring Florence + The Machine, The National, and more.

The newly announced acts are Blood Orange, two excellent acts from New Zealand, Aldous Harding, and Marlon Williams, plus Let's Eat Grandma, and Goat Girl. The other acts playing that day are Lykke Li, Khruangbin, and Nadine Shah.

Edited by gregory

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Good additions. Great to see Neil breaking character to lavish praise on top artists. :D

I saw Marlon last year and I thought he was superb.

That was in a 120 capacity room tho. Not quite sure how he'll work it on a big stage. 

Friend: I’m doing some of the displays for Hyde park this year. Streisand. Stevie Wonder. 

Me: Stevie hasn’t been announced !

Friend: oh yeah whoops! Was told not to tell anyone. 

As much as it really ain’t for me, those are all instantly recognisable names from a point in time which I suspect a lot of the crowd there has a soft spot for. Seems p strong.

If you're into that sorta thing then the undercard for Robbie is pretty impressive. Each act caters for different groups of his 'typical' fanbase. Plus aren't black eyed peas tickets usually like £60 alone.

On a separate note does anyone have any idea when there'll be more news on the Neil Young day? I'm praying for Laura Marling personally

If in any doubt, the Metro have confirmed Stevie Wonder for July 6th, with Lionel Richie as support

4 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

If in any doubt, the Metro have confirmed Stevie Wonder for July 6th, with Lionel Richie as support

Is there a way to read the metro online? Don’t live in UK. Cheers 

53 minutes ago, gregory said:

Is there a way to read the metro online? Don’t live in UK. Cheers 

I couldn't find it on the online version but if you Google stevie wonder hyde park from the last 24 hours other websites have it

There's no "UK exclusive" tag on this one - anyone know if more Stevie Wonder dates are expected? I'm already down from beyond the Wall on the 12th for Neil Young & Bob Dylan, not sure I can justify another trip down the same week!

Anyone know if there’s a catch with this barclycard presale? I’ve currently got two tickets in my basket but don’t have any personal affiliation to them? Usually you need to be a card holder or something to gain access to these type of things but I’ve just got straight in...

Ignore that, have to pay with a barcylcard to get them

Edited by TheFullShaboo
Didn’t read the T and Cs