british summer time 2019

lacoste

8 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Is the rumor for the last date still Stevie Wonder? Or could it be The Black Keys?

Dunno why but I think Black Keys would work for Florence/National day. Maybe its purely just because such a trio would entice me to go, but one presumes the top end of that day is a closed shop and that TBK might try their own gig first in any case.

Edited by charlierc

7 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So have they just completely given up on trying to appeal to younger people?

It's a concert series, not a single event. The target audience is whoever they can get to buy tickets for a particular day. Ultimately I doubt they're expecting many people to buy tickets for more than one of the Hyde Park events per year anyway.

10 hours ago, incident said:

It's a concert series, not a single event. The target audience is whoever they can get to buy tickets for a particular day. Ultimately I doubt they're expecting many people to buy tickets for more than one of the Hyde Park events per year anyway.

they have chosen a specific target with a lot a european exclusive, and i think it's work great. It's a sort of unique experience in europe, maybe in the world. Werchter Classic and Boutique it's similar but only for 1 day and not with the same level of artist IMO. I don't intend to go to Dion o Barbra concert but the Petty, Clapton, Cure experience was a dream, Neil Young + Dylan it's incredible, Florence + National i like, so much respect for this "festival".

Unique is bit of a strong word for British Summer Time, it's a bunch of one day festivals in a park which are all over the place in London. I'm struggling to think of anything it does which isn't the norm for almost all festivals.

Edited by jump

1 minute ago, jump said:

Unique is bit of a strong word for British Summer Time, it's a bunch of one day festivals in a park which are all over the place in London. I'm struggling to think of anything it does which isn't the norm for almost all festivals.

it's a festival in the centre of one of the most important city in the world over 2 weekend. I'm sorry but most of you cleary undervalue the fortune of having this, and trust me, i'm italian i know what it's the festival with single day events.....

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's uniquely terrible unless you are rich and can get near the front.

the price for the single day it's the same you pay for any single day festival in europe and in the last 2 year many major festival have introduced the vip tickets at ridiculous price 

Edited by davalex

1 minute ago, davalex said:

the price for the single day it's the same you pay for any single day festival in europe. 

a) It's a little more expensive generally

b) They have a terrible elitist system of segregation with lots of incredibly expensive VIP areas. With a normal ticket, the acts are a speck on the distance. 

c) It's oversold and far too many people for the space.

d) The sound is too weak (probably to comply with local sound regulations).

I've been to festivals all round Europe and this is my experience.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

a) It's a little more expensive generally

b) They have a terrible elitist system of segregation with lots of incredibly expensive VIP areas. With a normal ticket, the acts are a speck on the distance. 

c) It's oversold and far too many people for the space.

d) The sound is too weak (probably to comply with local sound regulations).

I've been to festivals all round Europe and this is my experience.

i totally respect your opinion and your experience. OK for point A, i'm with you for the point B but for the vast majority of events you look at a certain kind of people who prefer confort at anything else, the PIT it's by now a sad reality, for any concerts also in the saddest place in the world. Point C i don't know, point D totally with you, i go only 1 time a year and only with gold ticket, it's a sacrifice but after Pearl Jam and Tom Petty nightmare in the past..... I'm european so £ it's a punch in the face everytime but i must also to consider that London it's not a horrible field in the middle of nowhere. I thinks it's questionable the way they sell the product but i thinks it's correct having a sort of elite festival for older people, like me at 35:))))))

Edited by davalex

1 minute ago, davalex said:

i totally respect your opinion and your experience. OK for point A, i'm with you for the point B but for the vast majority of events you look at a certain kind of people who prefer confort at anything else, the PIT it's by now a sad reality, for any concerts also in the saddest place in the world. Point C i don't know, point D totally with you, i go only 1 time a year and only with gold ticket, it's a sacrifice but with Pearl Jam and Tom Petty nightmare i'm ok. I'm european so £ it's a punch in the face everytime but i must also to consider that London it's not a horrible field in the middle of nowhere. I thinks it's questionable the way they sell the product but i thinks it's correct having a sort of elite festival for older people, like me at 35:))))))

Fair enough! I'm 39 and even then I wish the acts were a bit younger.

31 minutes ago, davalex said:

it's a festival in the centre of one of the most important city in the world over 2 weekend. I'm sorry but most of you cleary undervalue the fortune of having this, and trust me, i'm italian i know what it's the festival with single day events.....

It's not even unique to London, off the top of my head there's Kew The Music, All Points East, Wireless etc

Also fuck Hyde Park, shit sound and the location isn't good for transport links. The trappings of it's in Hyde Park means nothing when it's just another stage and tent in a field with a fence around.

Edited by jump

21 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

How is Hyde Park not good for transport links? :lol:

It's literally central London and surrounded by multiple underground and mainline stations.

My bad, it's got crap transport links for the crowd it's meant to be handing. London has lots of links sure but that's not the same things as Waterloo, St Pancreas etc being in Hyde Park, and Hyde Park Corner station isn't suitable for those numbers. I've always found Wembley and Clapham much better for those number of people.

Luckily I live a bus ride away so I sit just on the bus and laugh at the crowd trying to get the tube.

You only need to see the s**tshow of something like Finsbury Park last year to appreciate Hyde Park as a concert venue. It tends to be lucky with the weather - and I've seen some fantastic shows there over the years:

Roger Waters

The Killers / Tears For Fears / Elbow

Strokes / Beck / Future Islands

Rolling Stones

Stevie Wonder

Carole King doing Tapesty 

etc etc

but I think you have to be willing to spend the money to get close - I would hate the experience if I was in GA - you are better off just sitting outside the fence...

I have no doubt Streisand will be fantastic and I cannot wait...

It's also fairly easy to get out of - there are loads of tubes around - I usually walk to Bond St and hop on Jubilee Line to london bridge

On 3/8/2019 at 2:24 PM, RaphPH said:

You only need to see the s**tshow of something like Finsbury Park last year to appreciate Hyde Park as a concert venue. It tends to be lucky with the weather - and I've seen some fantastic shows there over the years:

but I think you have to be willing to spend the money to get close - I would hate the experience if I was in GA - you are better off just sitting outside the fence...

I have no doubt Streisand will be fantastic and I cannot wait...

It's also fairly easy to get out of - there are loads of tubes around - I usually walk to Bond St and hop on Jubilee Line to london bridge

Worth mentioning that the different days have different gold-circle arrangements.

Eg- Bob and Neil, it's ££ Gold/Diamond circle.

Next day, Flo & Nat, it's ££ Diamond, but first-come entrance GA for Gold circle.

2 hours ago, maxdillon7 said:

who do we think will support dylan and young?

I want someone touring Europe at the time like Eddie Vedder or Wilco, but given the "main support" is effectively already covered and the event has almost sold out, I'm not getting my hopes up. I've seen Laura Marling support Neil Young more times than I care to remember. 

BST-FATM-Supports-1050x500.jpg

More acts have been revealed for the British Summer Time show at Hyde Park, London on Saturday 13th July 2019, featuring Florence + The Machine, The National, and more.

The newly announced acts are Blood Orange, two excellent acts from New Zealand, Aldous Harding, and Marlon Williams, plus Let's Eat Grandma, and Goat Girl. The other acts playing that day are Lykke Li, Khruangbin, and Nadine Shah.

Edited by gregory

• 2 weeks later...