british summer time 2019

lacoste

15 hours ago, living-proof said:

Neil Young archives says that the show is going ahead without Barclays as a sponsor.

no idea if it's true, tho it's being widely reported and Barclays are refusing to comment.

If he succeeds, it's going to be a bit embarrassing for the other acts doing BST who haven't turned the screws about this. 

(tho if he succeeds, i wonder if a consequence is a smaller fee for him?).

so that sounds like either:-

1. the show has been pulled, or

2. the show will be relaunched with different branding, as not part of the BST series.

As so many of the tickets have been sold I'd guess the 2nd is most likely, but it's also possible that someone might decide to make an issue of Young's demand, because otherwise other artists might start doing the same.

33 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

Official statement via the BBC News site - concert will go ahead as a standalone concert.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46521320

Well done Neil for fighting for what he believes in and winning. Shame he never fought the Gold Circle nonsense too but can't win 'em all.

If he was really fighting for what he believes in would he be playing AEG events that owned by a man that funds climate-change-denying organisations? Phil Anschutz is also an oil and gas billionaire. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Now I wonder if BST will now replace it with something, or if there'll only be 5 BST concerts this time

I'm pretty confident the licence is for a very specific six gigs, and as this will obviously still count as one of the, it means BST will have to have just five. 

They've had five events before, I think. The year Massive Attack played. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

breaking news.

To avoid fossil fuels, Neil Young is going to cycle from his home in California to New York, where he'll board a yacht to sail across the atlantic. He won't be taking a plane (honest). 

:P 

Had the same thought. I absolutely respect his activism, but it seems strange, if your business model (touring) is dependent on fossil fuel.

Same with Leo DiCaprio owning a huge yacht.

Well, it‘s for the greater good I guess.

55 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Had the same thought. I absolutely respect his activism, but it seems strange, if your business model (touring) is dependent on fossil fuel.

Same with Leo DiCaprio owning a huge yacht.

Well, it‘s for the greater good I guess.

Unfortunately, oil goes into pretty much everything. It's inevitable that we support that industry.

It does sound he took particular objection to Barclaycard due to the Canadian pipeline, which he has been vocal about for years now.

In other news, Bob Dylan and Neil Young date in Kilkenny just announced.