british summer time 2019

lacoste

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

If Mumfords are playing it might have been them- would be a bit of a rip for people if they’d announced a big ol boujee London gig literally the day after postponing arena dates 

I think the Mumfords 'rumour' started with a 2016 repeat being hinted and ended with that being deduced as Florence and the Machine.

Seems that we have Florence + the Machine, Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Lady Gaga, Cher as rumoured names. We haven't guessed pizza man yet, and I dunno who the other is meant to be either.

57 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think the Mumfords 'rumour' started with a 2016 repeat being hinted and ended with that being deduced as Florence and the Machine.

Seems that we have Florence + the Machine, Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Lady Gaga, Cher as rumoured names. We haven't guessed pizza man yet, and I dunno who the other is meant to be either.

I thought pizza man was Father John Misty?

I love Father John Misty, probably in my top three artists but surely he's not big enough for his own bst show, he was third down on All Points East this year wasn't he? and subbed JP last year, I would love it if true but I can't see it but who knows because apparently Christine and the Queens are big enough to get their own Ape show

3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Pizza man was Elton John

That was Rocket Man you idiot.

But nah. He's just sold out five shows at the O2 for December 2020. Would be a shitty move to do that and then put a big London show on for the same price in the summer.

Also I'm pretty doubtful that the pizza hint means 'John', given that the response to my RHCP shout was "Better pizza. One man parlour", and I don't get how a Papa John's pizza could be described as better than a chili pepper pizza, cos one is a brand and one is a flavour. Even if it did, how does "even if the weather's bad" come into it?

Think up some pizza flavours mate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

That was Rocket Man you idiot.

But nah. He's just sold out five shows at the O2 for December 2020. Would be a shitty move to do that and then put a big London show on for the same price in the summer.

Also I'm pretty doubtful that the pizza hint means 'John', given that the response to my RHCP shout was "Better pizza. One man parlour", and I don't get how a Papa John's pizza could be described as better than a chili pepper pizza, cos one is a brand and one is a flavour. Even if it did, how does "even if the weather's bad" come into it?

Think up some pizza flavours mate.

But what else could one man parlour mean?

12 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

But what else could one man parlour mean?

Male solo headliner I guess. 

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Wtf do Elton John and Morrissey have to do with bad weather?

And when I guessed FJM from the clue I was guessing him as an undercard act not a headliner lol (even though all the other hints have been headliners).

I could see Father John Misty being on Florence and the Machine's undercard. Not cos of the clue, just cos it'll probably just have a bunch of last year's APE acts there. The last time she headlined it was like the origin of APE on that bill.

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Papa Johns have (or had?) a marketing slogan of "Better ingredients, Better pizza".