lacoste

british summer time 2019

2 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

I'm not sure this headline will resonate and linger, with any lasting importance or effects, other than putting the word Barclays into peoples heads for a little while. 

I'm not so sure.

I still remember that Barclays were *rseholes in the eighties (apartheid) and that continues up to Greenpeace being outside their offices this year (oil).

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it is, but c'mon, none of us are perfect and we do what we feel we can.

Sadly, what we feel we can isn't enough and we need to change much more about our own lives, but there's more than just Young guilty of that.

I blame those millennials! 

Watched The Pretty Things live last night and David Gilmour popped up... He'd be an instant Dad Rock sellout for BST - and only seems to have done some RAH shows lately after his big tour...

9 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Watched The Pretty Things live last night and David Gilmour popped up... He'd be an instant Dad Rock sellout for BST - and only seems to have done some RAH shows lately after his big tour...

If Waters wasn’t an instant sellout at Hyde Park I can’t imagine Gilmour would be. He’d be a good booking nonetheless.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

If Waters wasn’t an instant sellout at Hyde Park I can’t imagine Gilmour would be. He’d be a good booking nonetheless.

I genuinely think David Gilmour may be finished with his own music career. He closed his blog which had been running for about 12 - 13 years non-stop and his long-standing band turned into a bit of a mash-up by the end of Rattle That Lock.

David Gilmour supported by Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets would be outstanding, however. Make it happen!

Has this completely disappeared from sale? No ticket links are valid currently - also will they take all the branding etc down or will they just cover it up but all stalls etc remain the same - sounds like a headache for organisers. 

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

Has this completely disappeared from sale? No ticket links are valid currently - also will they take all the branding etc down or will they just cover it up but all stalls etc remain the same - sounds like a headache for organisers. 

You can buy them on AXS.

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/357515/bob-dylan-and-his-band-neil-young-promise-of-the-real-hyde-park-tickets

I haven't been since last year, but I don't remember the Barclaycard advertising being that prominent, unlike Hard Rock (which kind of ruined some official releases like Paul Simon's IMO).

20 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

You can buy them on AXS.

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/357515/bob-dylan-and-his-band-neil-young-promise-of-the-real-hyde-park-tickets

I haven't been since last year, but I don't remember the Barclaycard advertising being that prominent, unlike Hard Rock (which kind of ruined some official releases like Paul Simon's IMO).

In the VIP area all the parasols are Barclays branded, everywhere the ATM machines are Barclays and the signs to find them, they have some attraction thing where you can sit on a table elevated in the air which i think is Barclays.. there's probably more that are blatant but we don't pick up on them 

Anyone have any thoughts on the positioning of the relay stacks? 

I don’t like big crowds but want to attend and listen to the performances - do they pipe the music from the main stage elsewhere that’s a bit further away from the crowd? I know there are relays but is the main stage PA played elsewhere? Bar area? Anyone know any good spots? 

4 hours ago, Oddbod42 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on the positioning of the relay stacks? 

I don’t like big crowds but want to attend and listen to the performances - do they pipe the music from the main stage elsewhere that’s a bit further away from the crowd? I know there are relays but is the main stage PA played elsewhere? Bar area? Anyone know any good spots? 

In total there's 11 delay towers - you can very easily stand by most of the main arena bars and hear the music and watch the screens

Could someone please remind me who is tipped for the remaining announcements?

Being far too lazy to trawl back through the comments! 

42 minutes ago, Chef said:

Could someone please remind me who is tipped for the remaining announcements?

Being far too lazy to trawl back through the comments! 

Lady Gaga... The Who, I think?

2 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Not long to wait for more announcements. A number of line ups coming this month. 

Few more weeks I'd wager, nobody will be putting tickets on sale before the end of January.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Few more weeks I'd wager, nobody will be putting tickets on sale before the end of January.

The press email reads "look out for more announcements this month" 

So looks to be multiple announcements. Maybe going on sale begining Feb 

3 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

The press email reads "look out for more announcements this month" 

So looks to be multiple announcements. Maybe going on sale begining Feb 

You may get a couple towards the end of the month with tickets on sale Friday Feb 1st, but even then you've got 2-3 weeks to wait.

Besides, the above could mean additions to dates already announced.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You may get a couple towards the end of the month with tickets on sale Friday Feb 1st, but even then you've got 2-3 weeks to wait.

Besides, the above could mean additions to dates already announced.

The context reads as if its bigger announcements than fillers. 

6 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

The context reads as if its bigger announcements than fillers. 

Maybe so, but they won't announce anything new until the end of the month as they won't put tickets on sale this side of the January payday.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:36 PM, dentalplan said:

Lady Gaga... The Who, I think?

If true I can see both of these going with diamond and gold areas unlike Flo 

29 minutes ago, markqpr2000 said:

Has there been anything about said who is playing the same day as Robbie Williams?

I'm pretty sure Olly Murs will be announced after his tour. Not a rumour. Just a very strong feeling.

On 1/8/2019 at 6:14 PM, DomDom1984 said:

I'm pretty sure Olly Murs will be announced after his tour. Not a rumour. Just a very strong feeling.

Oh god I hope not. 😭

On 1/8/2019 at 5:44 PM, markqpr2000 said:

Has there been anything about said who is playing the same day as Robbie Williams?

Be an X craptor contestant probably

The Who

Townshend says that the European tour plans are less clear at the moment, but that they’ll play festivals in the UK over the summer and hopefully return at the end of the year to play arenas.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-who-plot-symphonic-u-s-arena-tour-new-studio-album-for-2019-777375/

Edited by gregory