lacoste

british summer time 2019

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

So Florence and The National are co-headlining this, according to the font size?

Well deserved (for The National).

Weird one because the blurb suggests not: 

"Ready for another announcement? Joining us on Saturday 13 July will be the magnificent Florence + The Machine! 🌺🌸🌺
The National will also be making our way along with Lykke Li, Khruangbin, Nadine Shah plus many more to be announced. Now here's all the pre-sale info you need..."

and presumably thats the same with the press release they've sent out or the news articles wouldn't be suggesting she's headlining, either 

The lineup poster suggests they're equally as big on the lineup. I can see them both getting the same set length, with Florence playing after The National (partially in the dark).

47580977_10155651722251010_4582074628398120960_n.jpg

Edited by lighthouse

Font size doesn't mean as much as people think it does, Travis Scott had a similar font size to FOB on the reading poster, he didn't co-headline.

Press release says it's FATM, case closed.

The BST email pitches it as co-headliners in the subject and then drops it for the body of the message... strange one.

Screenshot_20181203-100411_Email.jpg

does it matter if its a coheadline or not? they could play a similar set length and just be called a sub anyway and you're not really going to know the setlength until a lot closer to the day. We know its the National followed by Flo.

Same thing happened with the weighting when Kendrick was announced last time around - and she definitely outright headlined that. 

Perhaps she's just not arsed about being made a big deal of. 

Queen + Adam Lambert US Tour from 12 July...New tour, new stage design..

Film doing massively here and abroad...They won't be playing Glasto...so BST?

37 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Glad that one came good!

We've discussed a high number of acts. Who's next?

Aww man, you are joking me?! Why couldn't that have been the Saturday after NY / BD. Feck!

I will be apoplectic if they play it in full.

What date anyway?

Edited by judyblue110

1 hour ago, judyblue110 said:

Aww man, you are joking me?! Why couldn't that have been the Saturday after NY / BD. Feck!

I will be apoplectic if they play it in full.

What date anyway?

Only a possibility! No idea on dates.

18 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I'm absolutely lost on what that meant 

Who's Next is an album by The Who mate.

Wonderwhy you're so bad at these clues.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Who's Next is an album by The Who mate.

Wonderwhy you're so bad at these clues.

The High Numbers gave it away for me, otherwise I'd have passed off the Who's Next bit. 

Just now, judyblue110 said:

The High Numbers gave it away for me, otherwise I'd have passed off the Who's Next bit. 

Tbf I didn't realise it was a clue until your reply. I actually thought you were on about Flo/The National at first and wondered what album you were on about. As soon as I realised the post above must have been a clue I saw "Who's next" instantly. Dont know The Who well enough to get the high numbers bit.

Hmmmm... I haven't bothered to listen to the most recent F&TM album, but I saw them live at Ally Pally in 2015 and thought they were amazing. Plus I loved The National when I went to Milano Rocks. So this could be of significant interest. Even if I was initially considering seeing Florence as part of a trip to Sziget. 

As for who next, I'd be game for the previous rumour Chili Peppers tbf - think I might get more merit from spending £80 to a festival then spending £80 to one of their own shows and risk them dropping being much most of the songs I know, as they do a lot. But I'm still to be convinced its more than just random posting.

So who/what have we got left to announce now?

Macca's doing a few UK dates next weekend so maybe he'll be announced after that... although that would involve having a ticket sale days before Christmas, which would be silly.

36 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Macca's doing a few UK dates next weekend so maybe he'll be announced after that... although that would involve having a ticket sale days before Christmas, which would be silly.

I also wonder if Macca will announce Glasto (or not) at one of these gigs...I'm seeing him in London next Sunday at O2

Just now, RaphPH said:

I also wonder if Macca will announce Glasto (or not) at one of these gigs...I'm seeing him in London next Sunday at O2

I'll be at that too.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I saw the other day that Macca’s playing Arizona June 26th and Los Angeles July 13th. Considering these States are next to each other, seems to me like a perfect gap for a short return to the U.K for Glasto and BST? I hope so as missed out on tickets for London next Sunday. 

The Who seem to have come out of nowhere? You can't knock BST for bringing in the big names, even if the set up isn't perfect.