british summer time 2019

lacoste

29 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

Will there be any cheap tickets for Robbie? ??‍♂️ Asking for a friend (legit). I’ve told her probably best bet is Twickets.. but, just in case I miss anything...

Its "sold out" of GA but golden circle VIP on sale still so while I'm sceptical they've actually sold out I imagine Twickets is the only way and that there'll be no cheap tickets. 

I've had at least 5 alerts per day for the last couple of weeks til I pulled the trigger today, so I imagine they'll only get more frequent as the gig gets closer. I'd just advise to get them when possible 

It was really good for Roger Waters last year, had a proper surround-sound effect going on and it wasn't noticeably bad for Neil Young.

Maybe we were further back than normal this time and that had an effect (but like I say, there seems to be a lot of discontent across social media). But it was near enough impossible to get closer anyway due to my other complaint....all the absolute w*nkers with picnic blankets. And the mess as we were leaving was disgusting too, so few bins around. 

Neil Young being on before Bob Dylan is because Dylan is obsessed with no one taking his photo and so he'll wait until it gets darker....If you've seen him in an Arena it's near total darkness and poorly lit on purpose...

I'm imagine 15 mins into the set, that the BST crowd, if they don't know what they'll get from Bob, will flee Hyde Park in big numbers...

I'm seeing them both in Kilkenny on Sunday instead

On 7/8/2019 at 8:06 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Not sure I’ve ever been at a Hyde Park gig where the sound has been above “adequate”.

Blur 2012 was the worst, couldn’t hear a thing.

I think the sound has improved over the years but agree its not perfect - there will always be issues with sound in such public open air venues, Finsbury Park suffers the same problem. 

On balance though I like BST -  decent headliners and under cards, its fairly easy to get to/ from, bar queues have never been too bad and never really had any issues with unfriendly crowds.

Yeah its a bit corporate and the tiered ticket pricing is annoying but I'll take it over something at the O2 or Olympic Stadium any day. 

Hi guys!

Just checking that for the days where it applies (Ie not the ones where they've sold the Gold circle separately), the GA access to inside the first barrier is working the same as previous years?

Ie, get there early for a wristband, which then lets you come and go out of the area throughout the day?

TIA.

28 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Hi guys!

Just checking that for the days where it applies (Ie not the ones where they've sold the Gold circle separately), the GA access to inside the first barrier is working the same as previous years?

Ie, get there early for a wristband, which then lets you come and go out of the area throughout the day?

TIA.

Only one day (Florence) this year where it does apply pal, looking at the map though it seems the same as previous years. 

Got really lucky yesterday and was sold a pair of tickets for this for £50, one happy bunny right now!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Only one day (Florence) this year where it does apply pal, looking at the map though it seems the same as previous years. 

Got really lucky yesterday and was sold a pair of tickets for this for £50, one happy bunny right now!

Great, thanks. yeah, it's the Florence (National) day I'm asking about.

Have a great day!

Edited by Hawros

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

What's the situation at BST these days with bringing food and drinks in? Is it the standard remove bottle lids stuff or can you take a things in with you? 

Also, how heavy are searches upon entry? I haven't been to BST since the fabled years of the cheap Blur and Kendrick tickets. 

Pretty strict - no food or drink, sealed water only...

No food or drink is permitted to be brought into Hyde Park (with the exception of water in unopened plastic containers, empty water bottles to refill, and baby food where not in glass containers).

4 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

What's the situation at BST these days with bringing food and drinks in? Is it the standard remove bottle lids stuff or can you take a things in with you? 

Also, how heavy are searches upon entry? I haven't been to BST since the fabled years of the cheap Blur and Kendrick tickets. 

No food or drinks apart from unopened water bottles. They were searching everyone on the way in, bags and punters having to go through airport style scanners.