british summer time 2019

lacoste

Can regular attendees at this tell me anything about the sort of security on the doors?

I last went to a gig in Hyde Park in 2012, and back then it was sort of like Glasto security, i.e. non-existent apart from the unlucky few. Bag checks for women maybe but that's about it.

Is it more or less the same now? Or have they got dogs, etc?

Thanks

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:38 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

Looking for a Stevie Wonder ticket if anyone could point me in the right direction? Dont want to pay over face value

Ticketswap have had quite a few at original price (well including fees that is) for GA recently. There are also a fair few flying around for GOLD and DIAMOND if you have that kind of cash to splurge.

I've seen lots of GA tix on offer via the FBK event however given there are quite a few scammers on FBK its kinda risky...

22 hours ago, stereomike2020 said:

Have you tried Twickets? I think you may be out of luck though as the event is sold out and starts in just two days.

21 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

I find this late on you're best to monitor twitter. Just search stevie wonder tickets and filter to latest, you may get lucky. Has worked for me many many times

Also 100% this ^^^^

Pal got a tkt earlier this week off Twickets & I've got last minute tix (like lunchtime on event day) from Twitter before where people have had something come up so got stuck with spares they need to get rid of. Hope you get what you need

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:59 PM, stringer said:

Can regular attendees at this tell me anything about the sort of security on the doors?

I last went to a gig in Hyde Park in 2012, and back then it was sort of like Glasto security, i.e. non-existent apart from the unlucky few. Bag checks for women maybe but that's about it.

Is it more or less the same now? Or have they got dogs, etc?

Thanks

Last year Hyde Park BST security was relatively strict for the 2x days we went. No dogs just usual scanner gates and a decent rummage around in bags etc. However I also know some people who did the sealed bottle of "water" trick successfully.

I thinks it kinda depends on who you get at the gate you end up at. I've had both types on GA entry at Hyde Park. Some security types empty every pocket and check every inch of your jacket then others who just did a half hearted glance & waved us past coz not fussed.  It can be abit random...

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, xxialac said:

Dylan after Young. WTF???

Suits me, can give Dylan an obligatory 10-15 mins or so, realise it is not worth it, and then be back at home by 10pm for a couple of pints at my local before closing. 

32 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Here you are:

Aww? You absolute legend! Thank you sooo much!

Phew! We were hoping it would be similar to last time Stevie played in 2016 so 7.30pmish.

Corinne BR is on early than expected so really grateful for your update.

Many thanks for your kindness! We will deffo arrive earlier so we don't miss her set now ;0]

1 hour ago, Glenn Coco said:

Guess there’s no chance for free tickets right? (National day)

APE has definitely spoiled me 

Looking pretty unlikely I'm afraid. Last time the internet delivered Hyde Park BST cheapy/freeish was Massive Attack in 2016 via a Show Film "competition" with lots of "winners".

For National Day still reckon its worth keeping an eye on Twitter for a last minute bargain though. Still a week to go innit! ;0]

On 7/5/2019 at 4:07 PM, Raspberry said:

Aww? You absolute legend! Thank you sooo much!

Phew! We were hoping it would be similar to last time Stevie played in 2016 so 7.30pmish.

Corinne BR is on early than expected so really grateful for your update.

Many thanks for your kindness! We will deffo arrive earlier so we don't miss her set now ;0]

No worries at all. If in return you - or indeed anyone else -  could post a pic of, or info about, the bar menu/prices, that’d be great.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin