british summer time 2019

lacoste

On 5/25/2019 at 9:25 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah I reckon they’ll drop further closer to the night. I see that O2 are giving away APE tickets and this could be similar if it’s not selling.

Any word on how it is selling? 

I don't want to buy tickets now only for a chance to get them on the cheap to pop up in a few weeks, but then I don't want to leave it so late that it sells out. 

13 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Aye I'm holding out a little longer, still the cheapest I've seen is £65 on Groupon. 

You can get 20% off with a code if you're a new member though, as someone said earlier in this thread. That's what I did, thought the £52 was cheap enough

I'm going to hold out until probably the day before (the National day)...if it sells out then fair enough, but I don't want an APE situation where people were paying full price only for them to basically be giving them away a few days before the event.

Edited by Sean1234321

And, lest we forget, AEG and British Summer Time has form in this regard. I have never forgotten 2015, when I stupidly get 2 £60 odd tickets for Blur, only for them to release a ton of tickets for a 'charitable donation' as low as £2.50. The bastards. Or the next year, where there was that 'leak' of a link which you could get free tickets....

I would never trust AEG. And, what with other London day festivals seemingly struggling, it seems inevitable that cheap/free tickets will be around again...

I don’t think they will go cheap or free. Just seems like wishful thinking really. BST has become pretty established, there have been very few comps for any dates and the Groupon thing is a pretty small reduction - they’ve just taken the fees off. That doesn’t seem like a struggling fest at all.

1 hour ago, retromoz said:

And, lest we forget, AEG and British Summer Time has form in this regard. I have never forgotten 2015, when I stupidly get 2 £60 odd tickets for Blur, only for them to release a ton of tickets for a 'charitable donation' as low as £2.50. The bastards. Or the next year, where there was that 'leak' of a link which you could get free tickets....

I would never trust AEG. And, what with other London day festivals seemingly struggling, it seems inevitable that cheap/free tickets will be around again...

You can’t complain about that then go swooping on cheap tickets for their other events lol.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t think they will go cheap or free. Just seems like wishful thinking really. BST has become pretty established, there have been very few comps for any dates and the Groupon thing is a pretty small reduction - they’ve just taken the fees off. That doesn’t seem like a struggling fest at all.

Agree with this - although it has happened in the past I can't remember it being in the last 2/3 years and don't see it changing.

A good bet will be to keep an eye on Twikets close to the event, there is usually someone who can no longer make it happy to shift their tickets for less than face value. 

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You can’t complain about that then go swooping on cheap tickets for their other events lol.

I humbly disagree, sir. I can emphathise with those who paid top honk for a gig that was free. Its really shitty.  And, if AEG Live (or, in APE's case, Goldenvoice) cared one iota for their customers, they would have contacted those who had tickets already and offer something to make unhappy customers better. A part refund or food/drinks vouchers, maybe a voucher for merch etc. But....they dont. And we all just.....put up with it.

The fact that there were SO many free tickets around for the second APE weekend must have been heartbreaking. £60 odd pounds quid is a lot of honk at the best of times, let alone knowing that there was the possibility of going for free/at a massive discount etc. And....its not on.

I will never pay full price for a BST event because of this. Ever. If they want to treat their customers this badly and fuck over those who pay top dollar (those who are the most eager to go, lest we forget), I will not give them my custom. I will however go to a gig for free/so cheap its virtually free. ESPECIALLY one with the brilliant Nadine Shah, Aldous Harding and Goat Girl playing. OR, in the case of APE, I will get my wife free tickets as she is a big fan of Ezra Furman.

16 minutes ago, retromoz said:

I humbly disagree, sir. I can emphathise with those who paid top honk for a gig that was free. Its really shitty.  And, if AEG Live (or, in APE's case, Goldenvoice) cared one iota for their customers, they would have contacted those who had tickets already and offer something to make unhappy customers better. A part refund or food/drinks vouchers, maybe a voucher for merch etc. But....they dont. And we all just.....put up with it.

The fact that there were SO many free tickets around for the second APE weekend must have been heartbreaking. £60 odd pounds quid is a lot of honk at the best of times, let alone knowing that there was the possibility of going for free/at a massive discount etc. And....its not on.

I will never pay full price for a BST event because of this. Ever. If they want to treat their customers this badly and fuck over those who pay top dollar (those who are the most eager to go, lest we forget), I will not give them my custom. I will however go to a gig for free/so cheap its virtually free. ESPECIALLY one with the brilliant Nadine Shah, Aldous Harding and Goat Girl playing. OR, in the case of APE, I will get my wife free tickets as she is a big fan of Ezra Furman.

If you like. I just find that if you think a practice is morally “not on” because of who it inconveniences, you shouldn’t also try to benefit from it.

People who buy early have the comfort of being sure that they’re going, and can make arrangements accordingly. For starters, hotels and travel are much cheaper when tickets go on sale for an event rather than the weeks leading up. If I waited until days before The Strokes in 2015 to get cheap tickets, the travel woulda outweighed what I paid anyway.

Its an inconvenience sure but I really don’t see how this merits a four year grudge, because you expected something they were never gonna do because they made a special offer that they are entitled to make. Lemme find out you don’t shop at Morrison’s anymore since you saw that rotisserie chicken reduced to clear and they refused to compensate you on the full price one you bought. :P

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If you like. I just find that if you think a practice is morally “not on” because of who it inconveniences, you shouldn’t also try to benefit from it.

People who buy early have the comfort of being sure that they’re going, and can make arrangements accordingly. For starters, hotels and travel are much cheaper when tickets go on sale for an event rather than the weeks leading up. If I waited until days before The Strokes in 2015 to get cheap tickets, the travel woulda outweighed what I paid anyway.

Its an inconvenience sure but I really don’t see how this merits a four year grudge, because you expected something they were never gonna do because they made a special offer that they are entitled to make. Lemme find out you don’t shop at Morrison’s anymore since you saw that rotisserie chicken reduced to clear and they refused to compensate you on the full price one you bought. :P

Don't think it's really comparable to Morrisons. And Travel and Hotels isn't really a good angle if you live close-by to a point where waiting until closer to the event wouldn't really make it that much more expensive.

The whole practice really isn't defendable.

• Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, James96 said:

Don't think it's really comparable to Morrisons. And Travel and Hotels isn't really a good angle if you live close-by to a point where waiting until closer to the event wouldn't really make it that much more expensive.

The whole practice really isn't defendable.

Well the chicken thing was obviously a pisstake as it’s a perishable item but all this shit is part and parcel of being a consumer. I don’t think the practice of limited time offers really needs defending or attacking, it’s just something that can happen.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well the chicken thing was obviously a pisstake as it’s a perishable item but all this shit is part and parcel of being a consumer. I don’t think the practice of limited time offers really needs defending or attacking, it’s just something that can happen.

Firstly, Fuck Morrisons. ?

I get the hotel and travel angle. So.....yeah. Maybe I'm being a little too harsh. And, I guess, if flogging some cheaper tickets means gigs sent cancelled leading to lots Of dudes being more outofpocket coz of travel/accommodation, that could be construed as a minorly positive thing....

I just thing these big multinational gig organisers should do more for those who paid upfront when later on gigs are virtually free. Those who pay first are the most eager to be going. And, when it comes to nearer the event, and it's virtually free.....that seems shitty. And to not have anything from the promoters go make up for it is shitty.

Yes, it has always been thus. But....it shouldn't be. And doesn't have to be either....

1 hour ago, retromoz said:

I just thing these big multinational gig organisers should do more for those who paid upfront when later on gigs are virtually free. Those who pay first are the most eager to be going. And, when it comes to nearer the event, and it's virtually free.....that seems shitty. And to not have anything from the promoters go make up for it is shitty.

I suspect that if the promoters are getting to the stage where they're virtually giving away tickets, then they're probably already taking a loss on the show and are trying to make the best of it by bumping the numbers in the hope of increased food/merch sales.

If they then had to compensate the people who'd already purchased tickets up front, effectively giving back some of the money they actually did bank, it might well push it into "fuck it, cancel the lot" territory.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, coxy99 said:

Viagogo have 543 tickets for Florence to shift and Stubhub has 200.  Reckon there will be plenty going for cheap nearer the time.  I am holding out as I want to see the National.  

Had a quick look at Viagogo, the pure cheek of someone trying to sell a ticket for £100 for a GA ticket you can get for £65 when it hasn't even sold out yet...

There was that time when Elton John was headlining in Hyde Park (I think this was the same year the Stones played two dates) and he had to pull out quite late for medical reasons.  AEG gave everyone a full refund and carried on with the undercard.  I wasn't going to go, but applied for free tickets and got to see the likes of Ray Davies and Elvis Costello.  Must have cost AEG a fortune.

Edited by Damsonz