british summer time 2019

lacoste

22 hours ago, utwothefly said:

?

i was hoping for Madonna at BST, not really a fan but want to see her live. If she is at Wembley I hope there’s none of that floor seating or gold circle crap 

I admire your optimism. Madge will be charging 50 notes just to hang about on Wembley Way.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 1

On 2/15/2019 at 10:02 AM, Hugh Jass said:

I admire your optimism. Madge will be charging 50 notes just to hang about on Wembley Way.

? . The who are caning it with 80/90 for a cloud seat. I’ll take a GA for 80 even though I’ll feel mugged... again! 

Anyone think there’ll be an announcement end of next week? On sale around the end of the month (pay day). TBH I’m not sure there’s anyone I fancy seeing that could play. If there is I may just work it and go for free ?

Talking of working at festivals, I managed to work as a volunteer at Glastonbury this year ? didn’t get tickets like loads of others so made up ?

Edited by utwothefly

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, utwothefly said:

? . The who are caning it with 80/90 for a cloud seat. I’ll take a GA for 80 even though I’ll feel mugged... again! 

Yeah I got stung for the best part of 200 quid for two tickets for Fleetwood Mac, hoping they are at Glasto now just so I can sell them.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah I got stung for the best part of 200 quid for two tickets for Fleetwood Mac, hoping they are at Glasto now just so I can sell them.

I was thinking about FM but without Buckingham it didn’t appeal to me as much. Reckon it will be a great show anyway mind. Think FM is probably out for Glastonbury, but ?

Dunno where else to write it - but Madge at Wembley - not sure it will be Wembley 

I read an interview a couple of weeks ago from someone like "Head of events at Wembley" where he said there were three more concerts to reveal with two artists. Meaning one of the artists would be playing twice.

Since then, BTS and The Who have both been announced. And I doubt the Who will play a second night..

So maybe Madge will play London Stadium? I presume Twickenham has filled their 3 gig quota for the year..

Or Madge BST Hyde Park after all

On 2/19/2019 at 9:37 AM, Hugh Jass said:

You'd think they'd have to sooner or later. How many days are left to announce and who is in the frame?

I've lost track, I think it may only be one more day though. The Who were mentioned but that must be off the cards now they have announced Wembley and the last name talked about was Stevie Wonder IIRC. 

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

I've lost track, I think it may only be one more day though. The Who were mentioned but that must be off the cards now they have announced Wembley and the last name talked about was Stevie Wonder IIRC. 

I thought it was two days left?6 days in total. So far we have Celine, Bob/Neil, Florence, and Robbie.

19 minutes ago, Chef said:

Barbra Streisand one day, Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie another. That’s where the rumours were last at, I believe.

7 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I thought it was two days left?6 days in total. So far we have Celine, Bob/Neil, Florence, and Robbie.

Yes it should be two days, 6&7 July the Saturday and Sunday. Although those names just mentioned Barbara and Lionel have put me off.

I think the shows so far at Twick are just Metallica and Muse. Can’t see The Who adding an extra date to Wembley with those prices. That can’t have sold out surely. I guess Madonna maybe next year here with her first leg in the US

On 2/20/2019 at 9:56 PM, utwothefly said:

Yes it should be two days, 6&7 July the Saturday and Sunday. Although those names just mentioned Barbara and Lionel have put me off.

I think the shows so far at Twick are just Metallica and Muse. Can’t see The Who adding an extra date to Wembley with those prices. That can’t have sold out surely. I guess Madonna maybe next year here with her first leg in the US

Muse playing London Stadium

On 2/20/2019 at 2:07 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

God that sounds horrible, please be wrong. I want another day like The Cure's last year 

I was also at Cure last year and it was an amazing day.  Arrived in London about 2:00 pm and it was baking.  Thankfully was staying at Royal Lancaster next to Hyde Park and the air con was on full throttle.  Watched the football and after England won (World Cup game) whole of London was like a massive party and vibe in Hyde Park was electric.

Was all too much for Robert Smith at start of the gig (it was still about 80 degrees) and said he would have to chat to the crowd once the sun went down.

Heading to Glasgow this year, as sadly cannot see them doing London again this summer.

5 minutes ago, nlb1873 said:

I was also at Cure last year and it was an amazing day.  Arrived in London about 2:00 pm and it was baking.  Thankfully was staying at Royal Lancaster next to Hyde Park and the air con was on full throttle.  Watched the football and after England won (World Cup game) whole of London was like a massive party and vibe in Hyde Park was electric.

Was all too much for Robert Smith at start of the gig (it was still about 80 degrees) and said he would have to chat to the crowd once the sun went down.

Heading to Glasgow this year, as sadly cannot see them doing London again this summer.

Yeah it was a great day, one of my highlights of the year. Football and London Pride had people in a good mood, and the lineup was fantastic. I went with my dad and even he said it was one of the best weekends he's had in years.

I'm seeing them in Glasgow too, so maybe I'll see you there. Still need to book travel and accommodation though ?

10 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah it was a great day, one of my highlights of the year. Football and London Pride had people in a good mood, and the lineup was fantastic. I went with my dad and even he said it was one of the best weekends he's had in years.

I'm seeing them in Glasgow too, so maybe I'll see you there. Still need to book travel and accommodation though ?

Yep a great weekend.  Thankfully my sister lives in Glasgow so I have free accommodation this time ?

• 2 weeks later...