british summer time 2019

lacoste

Hey I think you're all very mean to the poor old bean.

Barclays are and mostly have been a bunch of mercenary b*st*rds, so if an old hippy wants to have a pop at them (even with potentially questionable logic) then I'm all for it.

Rather that than everyone turning into corporate ****suckers as seems to be so prevalent these days.

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Hey I think you're all very mean to the poor old bean.

Barclays are and mostly have been a bunch of mercenary b*st*rds, so if an old hippy wants to have a pop at them (even with potentially questionable logic) then I'm all for it.

Rather that than everyone turning into corporate ****suckers as seems to be so prevalent these days.

I'm quite happy for him to have a pop at Barclays. :) 

I'm trying to point out that the thinking needs to expand beyond that.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I'm not 100% how it works, but I read somewhere that he does carbon neutral touring, the same way radiobead does for their tours

I do offsetting too, but the simple fact is it still continues with the burning of fossil fuels.

The only way to really address the damage caused by fossil fuels is to stop using fossil fuels.

We all (me included) try to avoid our own contribution to the problem.

The guys also sitting on a net worth of $65 million according to google, he can go further than carbon neutral if it was that important to him. (I say this with no knowledge of how the guy spends his money..) I just think it's a silly thing to kick up a fuss about unless he's entirely dedicated. 

27 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Ah, you subscribe to the old "all publicity is good publicity" theory do you?

I'm not sure Barclays PR would agree with you.

I'm not sure this headline will resonate and linger, with any lasting importance or effects, other than putting the word Barclays into peoples heads for a little while. 

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah come on. When he was saying nothing, nobody was criticising him. But now he’s shaking out Barclays, he’s a bastard for taking AEG’s money? Seems pretty dumb.

It's Hypocrisy. call out one company, but ignore the facts that owner of AEG is a c**t and polluter

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

I'm not sure this headline will resonate and linger, with any lasting importance or effects, other than putting the word Barclays into peoples heads for a little while. 

I'm not so sure.

I still remember that Barclays were *rseholes in the eighties (apartheid) and that continues up to Greenpeace being outside their offices this year (oil).

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it is, but c'mon, none of us are perfect and we do what we feel we can.

Sadly, what we feel we can isn't enough and we need to change much more about our own lives, but there's more than just Young guilty of that.

I blame those millennials! 

9 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Watched The Pretty Things live last night and David Gilmour popped up... He'd be an instant Dad Rock sellout for BST - and only seems to have done some RAH shows lately after his big tour...

If Waters wasn’t an instant sellout at Hyde Park I can’t imagine Gilmour would be. He’d be a good booking nonetheless.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

If Waters wasn’t an instant sellout at Hyde Park I can’t imagine Gilmour would be. He’d be a good booking nonetheless.

I genuinely think David Gilmour may be finished with his own music career. He closed his blog which had been running for about 12 - 13 years non-stop and his long-standing band turned into a bit of a mash-up by the end of Rattle That Lock.

David Gilmour supported by Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets would be outstanding, however. Make it happen!

1 hour ago, RaphPH said:

Has this completely disappeared from sale? No ticket links are valid currently - also will they take all the branding etc down or will they just cover it up but all stalls etc remain the same - sounds like a headache for organisers. 

You can buy them on AXS.

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/357515/bob-dylan-and-his-band-neil-young-promise-of-the-real-hyde-park-tickets

I haven't been since last year, but I don't remember the Barclaycard advertising being that prominent, unlike Hard Rock (which kind of ruined some official releases like Paul Simon's IMO).

20 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

You can buy them on AXS.

https://www.axs.com/uk/events/357515/bob-dylan-and-his-band-neil-young-promise-of-the-real-hyde-park-tickets

I haven't been since last year, but I don't remember the Barclaycard advertising being that prominent, unlike Hard Rock (which kind of ruined some official releases like Paul Simon's IMO).

In the VIP area all the parasols are Barclays branded, everywhere the ATM machines are Barclays and the signs to find them, they have some attraction thing where you can sit on a table elevated in the air which i think is Barclays.. there's probably more that are blatant but we don't pick up on them