british summer time 2019

lacoste

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Are we expecting anything else from Neil Young? He’s on my bucket list but I don’t really care for Dylan.

Not sure. Seems like he's doing European shows without Bob so I'd assume so.

Tickets start at £75 for this btw (add fees, etc.). Was expecting some £99.50 GA and about seven tiers above it. 

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not sure. Seems like he's doing European shows without Bob so I'd assume so.

Tickets start at £75 for this btw (add fees, etc.). Was expecting some £99.50 GA and about seven tiers above it. 

Unusually these days, that's a ticket price actually worth the money.

Edited by DDave

2 hours ago, airwaves said:

In 1978 Mrs Airwaves and I saw Bob, twice - Earls Court and Blackbushe - because it was his 'farewell' tour

40 years ago

And has he stopped touring since? ?  ?

My one and only time of trying to be a scumbag tout. Queued up overnight to get tickets for Earls Court only for Blackbushe to be announced immediately reducing  their value massively.

I think that we had eight tickets between us with 4 to sell on and ended up getting less than face value for them.

Serves me bloody well right!, but at 18  I didn't quite see the world in the same way as now

8 minutes ago, Hawros said:

The circles at BST have annoyed me in the past, but if this is the layout for next year, it's worse still. Outside of gold is damn far back...

It's been like that for a few things I've been to: Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, and Roger Waters. It's incredibly far back but not enough to spoil it for me. 

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

was there too, aged about 14. Thru a gap in the fence, had to go home for my tea before Bob. :lol: 

More personal fun detail -

When we woke, from our tent, on the Saturday morning we had two immediate issues

1 we couldn't find our car keys

2 the 'queue' along the airport runway towards the entrance was oodles wide and possibly several hundred yards long. We were going to be far too far away to see the stage. 

But, when I went to an info shed outside the fence - to see if the keys had been handed in - I saw there was a side entrance almost level with the stage and only a handful of people qing. I dashed back to Mrs Airwaves, at the tent,  said 'come now,  no questions! ' or something like ?, and we rushed back to this entrance.  It opened a minute or so after the main but we still ended up only a few yards from stage front. 

Result.

We eventually chanced upon car keys, on the ground under front wheel arch, on the Monday morning!

Remember, too, the undercard included Eric Clapton, and Tom Petty. Oh for more lineups with that depth nowadays.

?

34 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What does Florence headlining Boardmasters do to the BST info then?

Must rule her out I would think. Boardmasters is a Global festival I think so you could now see her at Y Not and Truck maybe even? Can’t see her doing BST (AEG Festival) now - not headlining anyway...

39 minutes ago, John L said:

Must rule her out I would think. Boardmasters is a Global festival I think so you could now see her at Y Not and Truck maybe even? Can’t see her doing BST (AEG Festival) now - not headlining anyway...

Those two are too small, I reckon. 

Victorious is the only other one I could see her doing but I think that's probably unlikely. 

12 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Those two are too small, I reckon. 

Victorious is the only other one I could see her doing but I think that's probably unlikely. 

Rize maybe.... which I certainly wouldn’t have said before today’s announcement. 

They had Liam and Stereophonics last year.