british summer time 2019

lacoste

14 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Don't forget that James Taylor (recently US Billboard #1 album artist) / Don Henley / Stevie Nicks / Pharell Williams etc have all "supported" the BST Hyde Park bill - Dylan may be a legend but I still maintain he fits a Neil Young undercard. 

yeah mate Pharrel Williams and Bob Dylan are definitely comparable 

48 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Don't forget that James Taylor (recently US Billboard #1 album artist) / Don Henley / Stevie Nicks / Pharell Williams etc have all "supported" the BST Hyde Park bill - Dylan may be a legend but I still maintain he fits a Neil Young undercard. 

Clapton, Simon and King are all smaller, lesser known names than Dylan who headlined in recent years.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

No, but looking at the Bob forum I used to frequent when I was a wannabe Bobcat I see someone was posting about this double bill back in September:

https://expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?p=1836637#p1836637

That's lots of people pointing to the same thing.

Huh that is surprising then. I think it would be the two of them sharing a headline bill, which surely neither would be above doing.

Hope they would make an arena tour out of it like some of those Bobheads are hoping for. I recall the last Neil tour was very pricey - so I avoided it - but I think I could fork out a bit more to see both of them on the same night.

1 minute ago, willd255 said:

Yes, co-headliners

Ah. Cheers for clarifying!

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hope they would make an arena tour out of it like some of those Bobheads are hoping for. I recall the last Neil tour was very pricey - so I avoided it - but I think I could fork out a bit more to see both of them on the same night.

you missed out Dental, it was great. Laura Marling supporting too!

2 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

hmmm Kendrick or Steve Wonder then I assume

I was thinking either Take That, Mumfords or Florence. Doubt it'll be Kendrick, Stevie Wonder is a possibility I guess.

Edit - scratch Take That, just checked their tour dates. Doesn't look very likely to be them.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

4 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

you missed out Dental, it was great. Laura Marling supporting too!

I'm apprehensive to ever see Shakey again after the Leeds date of that tour. It was pretty much my wishlist Neil show, sans Cortez, he absolutely fucking killed it. Reckon I'll catch a Crazy Horse show though, it'll be completely different so even if it doesn't match up it won't be diminishing returns.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nah be real here. Dylan is a much bigger name than Nicks, still headlines fests when he plays them and plays arenas all about the place regardless of them not being the O2.

I could see it possibly being a thing like the old Tom Petty & Bob Dylan tours but not Neil Young and support.

Seem to remember Dylan playing the Phoenix Festival in the mid 90's, subbing Suede!

Edited by henry bear