british summer time 2019

lacoste

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That's why I'm surprised we had so little in October, especially when you factor in the likes of FM and the Spice Girls announcing expensive shows this month.

all of the big announcements nowadays tend to be scheduled for around the end of the month to tap-in to people's paydays ... but I'm quite surprised so many have been done just after the end of the month in a month just before xmas. They gave people time to think about how their dosh might get spent.

37 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Neil Young - preferably with Crazy Horse and opening with Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black) would be exceptional.

They had Neil Young & Crazy Horse only a few years ago. I'd agree that Shakey would play this if it wasn't for that. APE or own gigs I reckon, but any camping festival would be under serious consideration.

1 hour ago, rhg_99 said:

That would be very odd. Why would they put two acts that coukd each sell out a day on their own on the same day? 

I doubt either of them could sell out Hyde Park nowadays. I'm a huge fan of both, but it's true.

In 2014 Neil didn't sell out Hyde Park and that was with Crazy Horse plus The National essentially elevated to co-headliner status.

Bob Dylan tours so frequently now he would need a co-headliner to sell out HP. 

Combined I think they could do it.

22 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

I doubt either of them could sell out Hyde Park nowadays. I'm a huge fan of both, but it's true.

In 2014 Neil didn't sell out Hyde Park and that was with Crazy Horse plus The National essentially elevated to co-headliner status.

Ahh right good points. I guess from a personal point of view I'd want a full set from Neil, would be disappointing if both were on the same day and thus maybe given shorter set times. 

Can I ask where you got the info from? 

Edited by rhg_99

2 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

Ahh right good points. I guess from a personal point of view I'd want a full set from Neil, would be disappointing if both were on the same day and thus maybe given shorter set times. 

Can I ask where you got the info from? 

Yes I'm the same. Wouldn't be surprised if Neil was on last though as every time I've seen Bob he's started bang on half 7/8 and off before 10.

My source is a friend who always seems to know what's happening with Bob. I don't know his sources though.

Neil has confirmed he's coming to the UK next summer so it's definitely feasible.

4 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

I don't see it. If they can have Clapton, Collins, Petty etc. headline with some decent guests then they wouldn't have to roll out a mega guest for either Dylan or Young.  I think now it's kind of found its place as a pop and classic rock oriented festival, it'll have more returning custom and Young will sell better than he did in 2014. I think Young would have some very good support lined up wherever he plays.

Seems like the info could easily be crossed wires where someone hears Bob and Neil are both playing British Summer Time - not on your part but from the person you heard it off, or the person they heard it off, or deeper than that. :P 

Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Paul McCartney in one year would be very good going. Would tick off all the names from Desert Trip having played Hyde Park, which isn't really important but speaks for how well this thing has done in a few years.

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't see it. If they can have Clapton, Collins, Petty etc. headline with some decent guests then they wouldn't have to roll out a mega guest for either Dylan or Young.  I think now it's kind of found its place as a pop and classic rock oriented festival, it'll have more returning custom and Young will sell better than he did in 2014. I think Young would have some very good support lined up wherever he plays.

Seems like the info could easily be crossed wires where someone hears Bob and Neil are both playing British Summer Time - not on your part but from the person you heard it off, or the person they heard it off, or deeper than that. :P 

Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Paul McCartney in one year would be very good going. Would tick off all the names from Desert Trip having played Hyde Park, which isn't really important but speaks for how well this thing has done in a few years.

Yeah that crossed wires thing could easily be the case, did wonder that myself. 

I'd probably prefer it that way, too. 

36 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Dylan supporting Neil is exactly on-point - like Stevie Nicks supporting Tom Petty..

Dylan tours extensively mostly in 5,000 arena venues - Neil headlines festivals and can still sell The O2

Nah be real here. Dylan is a much bigger name than Nicks, still headlines fests when he plays them and plays arenas all about the place regardless of them not being the O2.

I could see it possibly being a thing like the old Tom Petty & Bob Dylan tours but not Neil Young and support.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

The double bill thing? Seems like an utterly bizarre rumour when they have smaller acts headline one night, unless they’re doing a tour of this.

@Brave Sir Robin were you told anything about Shakey playing alongside? 

No, but looking at the Bob forum I used to frequent when I was a wannabe Bobcat I see someone was posting about this double bill back in September:

https://expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?p=1836637#p1836637

That's lots of people pointing to the same thing.