british summer time 2019

lacoste

5 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Got to be Pink, surely?

Yep. I said the other day when a July French date leaked that this would be a good fit; if she’s apparently said she’s playing London on a vid then definitely this. Won’t be a stadium, nor will it be one of those palace shows. Edit: Guess she could just do O2 a couple of times though.

Can think of many names for who the other pop acts might be (Sam Smith, Harry Styles, BTS as has been mentioned) but racking my brains for which acts for the older crowd might swing by. Paul McCartney if he comes over here could be one, I don’t see them booking Rod, Elton or Bon Jovi again so soon. Anyone likely to be touring that they haven’t got yet?

Edited by dentalplan

41 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Maybe Fleetwood Mac? Would have said Smashing Pumpkins too but not sure how well that would sell. 

Pumpkins could probably do All Points East. Hopefully we'll find out their tour schedule in the next week or two.

Fleetwood Mac seem sensible; I would have said that they could do Wembley or London Stadium quite happily but this current band lineup might have the bookers a bit more careful.

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yep. I said the other day when a July French date leaked that this would be a good fit; if she’s apparently said she’s playing London on a vid then definitely this. Won’t be a stadium, nor will it be one of those palace shows. Edit: Guess she could just do O2 a couple of times though.

Can think of many names for who the other pop acts might be (Sam Smith, Harry Styles, BTS as has been mentioned) but racking my brains for which acts for the older crowd might swing by. Paul McCartney if he comes over here could be one, I don’t see them booking Rod, Elton or Bon Jovi again so soon. Anyone likely to be touring that they haven’t got yet?

U2, Billy Joel, The Kinks, Kraftwerk, Brian Wilson. (last two probably not big enough to outright headline though)

P!nk's gig could be West Hams ground, but still think it'll be BST

edit- just seen your Billy Joel post on another thread, scrap that then!

Edited by DiscothequeDave

20 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

U2, Billy Joel, The Kinks, Kraftwerk, Brian Wilson. (last two probably not big enough to outright headline though)

P!nk's gig could be West Hams ground, but still think it'll be BST

edit- just seen your Billy Joel post on another thread, scrap that then!

I’m sure U2 could do stadiums on a proper tour if they felt like it so I doubt they’ll appear any time soon.

The Kinks are a very good shout. Although I doubt they’ll ever reunite at this point.

@Justiceforcedave I think Queen are a good shout as well. A poor ticket seller in recent times but maybe the film will give them a leg up.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I’m sure U2 could do stadiums on a proper tour if they felt like it so I doubt they’ll appear any time soon.

The Kinks are a very good shout. Although I doubt they’ll ever reunite at this point.

Can't see it either ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/the-kinks-reunion-ray-davies-band-pete-quaife-a8418221.html

http://sandhillsexpress.com/abc_classicr/dave-davies-says-hes-planning-to-meet-up-with-brother-ray-soon-to-discuss-possible-kinks-reunion-project-abcid36114855/

Edited by DiscothequeDave

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Dave Davies refuted it later on. That’s what always happens; Ray says they’re reuniting and it turns out to be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Stuart1000 said:

Pink’s UK tour being announced tomorrow. Teaser video on Twitter seems to confirm London, Liverpool and Glasgow as locations. The European dates are stadiums so presume the UK ones will be too?

I’d be shocked if she could do stadiums in this country. BST seems perfect in that it’s right for acts who are qualified arena sellers but not enough to headline stadiums. I suspect the Glasgow and Liverpool dates are arenas.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Dave Davies refuted it later on. That’s what always happens; Ray says they’re reuniting and it turns out to be wrong.

I’d be shocked if she could do stadiums in this country. BST seems perfect in that it’s right for acts who are qualified arena sellers but not enough to headline stadiums. I suspect the Glasgow and Liverpool dates are arenas.

That second article is from this month though.

He kind of refuted it but didn't - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/dave-davies-kinks-unlikely-reunion-dont-really-like-rays-good/

re: P!nk - Glasgow could be TRNSMT, a la Queen.

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

That second article is from this month though.

He kind of refuted it but didn't - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/dave-davies-kinks-unlikely-reunion-dont-really-like-rays-good/

re: P!nk - Glasgow could be TRNSMT, a la Queen.

TRNSMT headliners are pretty rock-centric. Could be just a gig at Glasgow Green, like Bruno Mars, but I’m not convinced of Pink’s selling power on these isles. Perhaps wrongly.

But yeah, back to here and The Kinks. I didn’t realise you posted a second link and that does seem more promising. Still though, it’s been ummed and ahhed about for years and I’m firmly ‘believe it when I see it’. If they did, they’d defo play this. I imagine they’ve been asked by AEG about it before, just cos of the name.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Plus their long term exclusive and very far reaching deal with Live Nation will make anything promoted by AEG very, very unlikely.

8 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I was really hopeful for the Ray's Kinks story to be true, as it seems they'd definitely add Glastonbury to their agenda. 

but, I noticed that Dave Davies has announced dates in April 2019 already, only a few but still....hardly seems that's what he'd be doing in the middle of preps for a Kinks reunion.