british summer time 2019

lacoste

6 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Bon Jovi again? 

They seem to have switched from AEG to Live Nation so probably not. That might finally put them in for Download actually.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

My bet would be Elton in 2020 - his tour will last another two years and can see him doing a huge outdoor London show as one of his final, final gigs.

As for other names, if these Kinks reunion rumours are to be believed they'll be a shoo-in.

Would be odd for Elton to cap his career off at some event he cancelled years ago, never to return. Probably one of the stadiums in the city if that was the plan.

Will likely be some oldies or an uninteresting pop act to follow on from last year. Maroon 5 have no UK dates on their European tour so would be an easy get. I can imagine Fleetwood Mac playing - what with Stevie showing up last year - though they could also really do one of the stadiums here.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They seem to have switched from AEG to Live Nation so probably not. That might finally put them in for Download actually.

Would be odd for Elton to cap his career off at some event he cancelled years ago, never to return. Probably one of the stadiums in the city if that was the plan.

Will likely be some oldies or an uninteresting pop act to follow on from last year. Maroon 5 have no UK dates on their European tour so would be an easy get. I can imagine Fleetwood Mac playing - what with Stevie showing up last year - though they could also really do one of the stadiums here.

Little surprised that the Eagles went the route of Wembley Stadium than this, though they'll likely make more money with the gig they've got.

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Little surprised that the Eagles went the route of Wembley Stadium than this, though they'll likely make more money with the gig they've got.

Yeah if a band can do one of the big London stadiums instead I think they’re generally too big for BST (or doing their promoters a favour, Stones and Bon Jovi 2013) and will have a much better payday off their own back. Surprised that Eagles are stadium headliners however, especially now.

24 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

Woukd a DJ be in for a shout. Like Calvin Harris? 

I'd say it's unlikely, looks like they've stopped booking certain genres in recent years - dance, hip hop, things that attract a younger audience in favour of catering to the older crowd.

Probably two reasons for this, firstly older crowds are more likely to pay for VIP/Golden Circle and spend more. Secondly 80,000 people there for Clapton are likely to cause less noise, mess and disruption to the local residents (who have form for complaining) than 80,000 Eminem fans.

10 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Pearl Jam would be amazing for BST. No idea if there is any chance, but it would be a great booking

Seen pearl jam at Hyde park in 2010. Would love to see them their again. Are they an AEG band now? Think live nation had them in 2014 but think AEG may have had them for the o2 dates they played in june/July just passed.

8 hours ago, cc1989 said:

Seen pearl jam at Hyde park in 2010. Would love to see them their again. Are they an AEG band now? Think live nation had them in 2014 but think AEG may have had them for the o2 dates they played in june/July just passed.

Nah still Live Nation. PJ and LN are suing AEG in the States, even.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I doubt it, DOwnload will never happen again for Muse.

Did it not go down well? Everyone on efests is always saying how their pool of headliners is shrinking - I guess Muse has recently gone a bit too far away from their older, heavier material.

1 hour ago, stanh said:

BTS could possibly do it? They are incredibly popular and have more dates to be announced for next year, and seemingly are free. 

Florence could potentially do it, given her UK tour sold out quickly. Not sure on her availability though. 

Could Mumford & Sons be in with a shout, or nah?

Mumfords and Florence both headlined on their last tours so I don't see it.

Wouldn't be surprised by BTS, actually.

2 hours ago, stanh said:

BTS could possibly do it? They are incredibly popular and have more dates to be announced for next year, and seemingly are free. 

Florence could potentially do it, given her UK tour sold out quickly. Not sure on her availability though. 

Could Mumford & Sons be in with a shout, or nah?

I had to google BTS, having never heard of them.

Im 42 years old.

• Upvote 1