Food intolerances at Glastonbury

H.M.V

So if we get tickets for next year! All hail the ticket god's etc etc. 

Gonna have to change a few things and one being diet. Talk of the growler coming back got me thinking about a lot of the food available and to my mind a lot of it is heavy on the gluten side. 

Has anyone had to watch their intake? I used to normally hit up anniemays macncheese and that will burn as well as fish finger sandwiches and le grande bouffe. Think I'll be ok with the last one. 

We got a caravan in the hope that if we get tickets we can be more comfortable. Really don't want to have to cook me own grub though cos one of the great things about Glastonbury is the food. 

All i can think about is pizza and giant Yorkshire puds and burgers. None of which I can eat now. 

Help! What else is there. Think I might be living on raclette and le grand bouffe. 

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Gonna have to change a few things and one being diet. Talk of the growler coming back got me thinking about a lot of the food available and to my mind a lot of it is heavy on the gluten side. 

Has anyone had to watch their intake? I used to normally hit up anniemays macncheese and that will burn as well as fish finger sandwiches and le grande bouffe. Think I'll be ok with the last one. 

We got a caravan in the hope that if we get tickets we can be more comfortable. Really don't want to have to cook me own grub though cos one of the great things about Glastonbury is the food. 

All i can think about is pizza and giant Yorkshire puds and burgers. None of which I can eat now. 

Help! What else is there. Think I might be living on raclette and le grand bouffe. 

Although this is a few years old some of the stalls mentioned were present in 2017. https://glutenfreecuppatea.co.uk/2014/07/15/gluten-free-cuppa-tea-at-glastonbury-festival-2014/

Pretty sure the roast chicken and potatoes from  Roaming Rotisserie will be okay too, one of my festival favourites!

Hope this tantilises your taste buds! And that we will both be in a field in Somerset next June! ?

9 hours ago, H.M.V said:

There could be worse things to live off than raclette and le grand bouffe tbf....

so you got the caravan then.?? I hope you are happy with it.. you have plenty of time for trial runs.

On 9/30/2018 at 12:36 PM, H.M.V said:

Not sure about the festival, but there are loads of GF alternatives now around. MrsCJ makes great GF Yorkshire puddings, and loads of places do pizzas. On site, that creole fish stall in Williamsgreen, the park for thali, mmmmm

2 hours ago, carlosj said:

Not sure about the festival, but there are loads of GF alternatives now around. MrsCJ makes great GF Yorkshire puddings, and loads of places do pizzas. On site, that creole fish stall in Williamsgreen, the park for thali, mmmmm

I absolutely need her GF recipe for Yorkies!!!! Pretty please. x

9 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I absolutely need her GF recipe for Yorkies!!!! Pretty please. x

I'll ask, but it will be a good GF plain flour, 3-4 eggs, milk, salt and pepper, cooked in hot goose fat at gas mark 8. There will be quantities, but I mix them vaguely to get a thick pancake batter. When the fat is steaming, fill the tray almost too the top and stick in the oven, and drool for about 15-20 minutes, I reckon.

Don't forget the magic incantation :

Ee bye gum, Ee bye gum.

That has to be used by those outside of God's own county to have a chance of being edible.

5 hours ago, carlosj said:

I'll ask, but it will be a good GF plain flour, 3-4 eggs, milk, salt and pepper, cooked in hot goose fat at gas mark 8. There will be quantities, but I mix them vaguely to get a thick pancake batter. When the fat is steaming, fill the tray almost too the top and stick in the oven, and drool for about 15-20 minutes, I reckon.

Don't forget the magic incantation :

Ee bye gum, Ee bye gum.

That has to be used by those outside of God's own county to have a chance of being edible.

Brill, will give it a try on Sunday. We're very close to Gods own country but I'll recite the incantation just in case. Thanks Carol!